View Single Post
      12-06-2016, 03:28 PM   #18
rx87
Rep
Drives: Atlantis M3 e92

Driving in Czech Rep.

Guys, thank you for your responses for those positive but also those negative.

I want to comment those negative ones, yes probably the first action going around tourists was a bit to much, I dont always realize that the exhaust is pretty loud from outside. So yes that was a bit to much I guess, however if it was group of kids their reaction would be happy, however german tourists on video probably see it differently.

Those who dont like the way I was driving in video I want to say that I live in other part of the world where we see things differently. We dont have strict rules on roads, we use a common sense here, not strict rules which dont always work when aplied broadly. People on roads respect each other, we have small roads in cities, so people know how to control their cars how big their cars are, we know how to drive in heavy snow etc. If you want, you can drive fast, but people dont drive fast around schools etc. However Im going 3-4x a mont to other big city - Brno, which is 130 milles from Prague and Im always under an hour. So average speed is over 130 milles per hour, with few 200mph hits. And police respect that. However unlike in US we have zero tollerace on alcohol. If you had one small bear and you are cought you are done, and this is being checked very often and very strictly by police, unlike the speed.

FYI there is 10,6 fatalities on 100.000 inhabitant per year in USA. But only 5,5 in Czech Rep.

Those who are interested in specs of the car: Atlantis blue colour, full M-performance carbon exterior, Fabspeed power package inc. 200 CEL cats and GTS DCT program, BBS CHRs on 255/285 and MP Cups 2 on front (I like going sideways, so I use worst ruber on the rears ) HR sways and springs and powerflex black series full suspension (no understeer what so ever) Recaro CS sportster seats. Car is aproximatly 90 kilos lighter than stock (150lbs.) and has 460 at the crank at 8700RPM on 100 octane jungle juice we get around, however only 390 NMs. The car is as fast as stock e60 M5. But in corners much faster ... Just sold my baby 2 weaks ago and this was goodbye video. Now Im buying Gen 1. R8 v10 plus and going rear wheel drive only (very easy and cheap mod on R8s and Gallardos)

Wish you all many safe miles and enjoyment in cars

Bye

Rudolf
Appreciate 0