09-21-2016, 08:04 AM   #22
z3papa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 M3 ZCP, 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
Oh, interesting then. I can't believe TireRack told me the wrong information. They specifically said that "sometime after Nationals" the new compound 275/35-18 would be available. I guess the guy was totally wrong? Easy enough to find out though.
Chris Harvey of Tirerack (posts under CAH in the Paddock on http://www.roadraceautox.com/forumdi...?2-The-Paddock ) confirmed the statements made by Hollis. Essentially, this left all the guys on smaller sizes waiting for the new tire until it was excluded in Fast Track and later repeated on Solomatters. The larger sizes will probably have a higher speed rating but their compound and design is supposed to be unchanged. As for the observations of Fair, he conveniently left out the results in SS which was won by a guy on BS and only one BFG driver out of the 1st 10 and AS where John Laughlin (Rexplegi here) was 2nd behind the alien, Daddio, in his current ride, a C5Z06, when most of the class had made the same conclusion that Fair did re: wider BFG's are better. He clearly cherry picked his results to use to make a point.