02-03-2016, 11:28 PM   #132
dogbone
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
As I mentioned before, our first attempt at exhaust didn't quite work out……actually it was sort of a debacle. WAY too loud, WAAAYYYYYYYYY too much resonance at every RPM----every time you pressed the gas, you were punished with sound going right through your skull, the connecting pipe bolts that hang on the diff fell off, the rear part of the left exhaust fell and dragged on track, both tips were too close to the bumper and were melting it. Let's just say it was back to the drawing board….

I present to you-----Exhaust 2.0!! (cue music fanfare! Lots of horns! Very heroic!!)

So, the whole exhaust setup was re-setup, from the knuckles that fit on the Akra pipe to connect to the stock connecting pipe, to the resonators that are in line now, to the locking nuts for the connecting pipes, to the placement of the tips. It's basically a whole second try. And I have to say I'm much more hopeful for this setup.

It's still going to be fairly loud which I'm fine with, it will drone to some extent while idling which I'm also fine with, but at higher rpms I think this will be much more controlled. That's the main goal here: I want that INSANE resonance to be removed. And from what I can tell, the resonators will be able to do that. The tips are now slightly lower from the bumper than the first try, and they're in the center of the tips cutout in the bumper, whereas they were on the outer edges previously.

If this doesn't work, I'm tempted to slap the stock exhaust back on there……we'll see!

Appreciate 0