View Single Post
      01-13-2016, 03:29 PM   #83
OM VT3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
I could care less about VACs design, but at least there has been some real world testing of them and it looked encouraging.
Can you describe what testing they've done and do you have any links to the results? Anything as elaborate as what BE is doing to test theirs? The only thing I could find are VAC leaving it to 3rd parties to buy it, test it, and post their own results. I haven't seen anything from VAC so far and nothing on their web site either. So what you got...anything at all?

Quote:
Who, with the sense they were born with, would buy an untested critical engine part that varies from the OEM spec?
Good point. Will be interested to see what you have for VAC supplied testing and what what you can show for VAC supplied results.

Just make sure whatever you post, you get the product right this time and don't point to a thread about coated OEM bearings like you did last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
Yet 33,500 supercharged miles later they showed no wear!
What manner of witchcraft is that!!]
Did you read that this engine has ARP-2000 rod bolts in it that causes bore distortion up to 0.0012 inch extra clearance at 90 degrees? Hmm. Maybe you're trying to give us the proof that extra clearance works after all!
Appreciate 0