View Single Post
      01-13-2016, 02:07 PM   #80
OM VT3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
Surely these are the aftermarket bearings to choose if you don't want OEM..at least you get to see how a set looks after some serious hard use?
Hey newsflash! Those ARE OEM bearings with a coating on them. LMFAO. Yeah adding a coating to factory bearings has always been a brilliant idea. I guess if you're in the low information crowd, this is what you'd choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbsonalb
Seems like your agenda is just to trash BE. You are pushing VAC's redesign of the Clevite bearing over BE's redesign of the Clevite bearing. Yet you claim no bearing will fix the problem.
Not even that, he pointed to a thread about VAC coated OEM bearings! If he had been talking about the new VAC Clevite bearings, this is what I would have said.

At first VAC sales guys didn't even know they had these bearings and then told people they were the same as stock but VAC/Clevite design. They depended on 3rd parties that he calls incompetent to measure them and then they changed their marketing to call them "extra clearance" after he did it and posted the results. They have no test car, no flow meter, no data logging. They provide no data, no testing, no specifications, and no promise to provide any of this data. I guess if you think this is "better" then this is what you'd choose too.
Appreciate 0