01-13-2016, 01:12 AM   #70
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM VT3 View Post
This tells me a lot. This tells me you don't know the guy, never worked with him, and made up just about everything you say. The "main guy behind that venture" built an Indy-500 winning motor, multiple 24-hours of Daytona motors, one or two winning 24-hours of Lemans motors, and multiple championship USAC, IMSA, and SCCA winning motors. His design engineer is former BMW M-engine designer, S14 designer, and successfully took BMW to Formula-1. Yeah, he's got his PhD in mechanical engineering. So maybe get your story straight next time you post.

Maybe, just maybe, these guys know a lot more than some random guy with a new screen name every few months who claims to have "OEM" experience.

By the same token, BMW could fixed your problem with a new crankshaft. So why didn't they do it? Oh wait...they did do it...they been through four crank designs on the S85 and three crank designs on the S65. Why didn't any of these fix the problem? I can't wait to hear the next conspiracy theory.
Don't forget that another one of the people contributing to the design works building "race winning" engines for one of the biggest NASCAR teams in the country. These bearings were definitely not some moneymaking scheme by a couple of jo blows. In fact, the first production run will be lucky to turn a profit. If all the people involved got paid for their time invested they would only be making pennies an hour!