12-27-2015, 10:35 PM   #106
redpriest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/Porsche 992 GT3RS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
Great attitude, RP. Film study and then putting those notes into your Laguna track notebook will pay dividends on your next visit to the track. Saves time coming up to speed and getting on with working on the trouble spots.

You know what to do, just slow up until you do it perfectly, then add speed. Nothing wrong with a little lead/follow with a faster car (very helpful if similar setups). You can see what they're doing and see how it works for you.
Thanks! Watching someone who knows what they're doing really helps! Watched a video of someone walking through the track in an older Boxster S last night and while his lap times are slower than me, it's only because of the car's power.

Attacked the track today with his lessons on some of the trickier corners in mind, and immediately took a second off my time - first session was 1:45.35, and then later on in the day 1:45.21. Virtual best for me is 1:43.21 so I know I can get that if I put it all together right. I'm consistently hitting 1:45 though so that was fantastic for me.

Regretfully in the last session my GoPro and mount flew off the car on the main straight, and I couldn't find it later when I was walking the track after it closed, so I lost all the video for the weekend; only a couple sessions from yesterday got saved.
Appreciate 0