View Single Post
      11-19-2015, 01:06 PM   #11
dragonsi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

I don't think it has much adverse affect relative to a car's redline. With that much psi, I would think that the compression ratio is really low - so the torque must be pretty low until you build boost. But who knows, I don't know how far turbo technology has come... Also I know that 35 psi would be a lot for a turbo with an internal wastegate to handle (how they come on factory turbo'd cars). So maybe it's using external wastegates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRBM View Post
Nice details.......thanks for the link, too.

And not to muck up the thread, but Jaguar's new XE S - with a SC'd 3.0 V-6 with mid 300s hp/torque, 4.5 sec. 0-60 time........reportedly has a great chassis/handling dynamics akin to an M3/4 or ATS-V, albeit the not the hi-performance XE R model. So, assuming Jag joins the fray, competition in the little hot luxury sedan class is heating up quite nicely, no pun intended.

Fine with us.

Yeah, bruh; 30-freaking-5. Think it was a typo? Nah.

But answer me this, either or both of you, please. As with engines that rev really high that are said to have a shorter lifespan than those topping out in the 6,000-7,000 range - assuming that's true in my limited gearhead knowledge............does the 35 psi have any adverse affect?

Again, never seen that much used, so there must be a reason most mfgs. limit themselves to 25 or so, it stands to reason.

In fact, can someone in the Bimmerpost Nation educate me, please? Thank you boys & girls.
Appreciate 0