View Single Post
      10-28-2015, 09:25 PM   #56
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by noLimits Enterprises View Post
It's interesting; people that live in Washington D.C. tend to be the most pro-camera in the country.

Why?

Because the cameras are largely positioned on entry highways into the district - very few people actually living in D.C. get nabbed, while all those that commute into it or visit do. The revenue helps subsidize many things in the District. A single camera location took in $8,000,000 in 2012.

Remarkable, isn't it?
Yep, which is exactly the reason why I refused to pay the tickets along with telling everyone I knew who would ask the exact same thing. The cameras have zero to do with community safety, and everything to do with revenue generation. Studies have shown they cause far more accident than if they would otherwise not be there, and the stories of the camera companies and the municipalities being in bed with one another is outright appalling.

Of course, no doubt he's a straight edge who has never broken the law in his life. Never smoked pot, never drank underage, never sped over a posted speed limit, never rolled a stop sign, and I bet he just thinks illegal immigration is great because, well, he just has that annoying vibe about him.

Thumps Up to your business as well. That is some genius stuff right there and I hope you sell a billion of 'em. ;D
Appreciate 0