View Single Post
      12-04-2007, 08:23 AM   #43
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
you read all that? More power to you. That paragraph you sited is the same as every other state I know. Looks like CA isn't that different after all.

"(1) There is displayed, in plain view at all entrances to the property, a sign not less than 17 inches by 22 inches in size, with lettering not less than one inch in height, prohibiting public parking and indicating that vehicles will be removed at the owner’s expense, and containing the telephone number of the local traffic law enforcement agency and the name and telephone number of each towing company that is a party to a written general towing authorization agreement with the owner or person in lawful possession of the property. The sign may also indicate that a citation may also be issued for the violation."

pretty much says they can tow anyone they say isn't supposed to be there. I assume they have the signs?
You miss section (2)

Quote:
(2) The vehicle has been issued a notice of parking violation, and 96 hours have elapsed since the issuance of that notice.
What this means is you have to make sure the owner of the car has been notified that the car is illegal park, once you know they have been notified then the clock start ticking, oh, if the person removes the car and then brings it back again at a future date the process starts all over.

Man you are all worse then politicians, pulling snippets of the overall law and say here look see i am right and you are wrong. The law is all inclusive, you have to meet each and every element, unless it clearly state otherwise.

I am telling you I lived in Calif and had to deal with this insane law on a couple of occasions and it is not that simple and i can tell the Landlord violated the law and so did the towing company, but we only hearing one side here, I am assuming the landlord most likely did notice to these guys and they probably ignored it and he is not telling us that part, because it will not make for a good story.

Also, the tow company or the landlord can not enter the car no matter what.
Appreciate 0