View Single Post
      10-09-2014, 07:09 AM   #90
ellekz
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F22 M235i

Hey guys,

After several more letters between both parties' lawyers, the dealer didn't go for the "return my money" option. So I've picked up the car on Oct 7 and had it registered to me, because I really needed a car and since I'm probably gonna keep this one for the next half year, my lawyer said it's fine to drive it like it was mine (well, it IS mine).

The dealer had the engine replaced with a used engine. So far everything is okay engine-wise.
I asked them what was going on with the old engine. They said a "piston rod" (I don't really know the English words for it, so I'm just using a dictionary for this one) shot a hole through something (can't remember what, maybe the block). They said they don't really know what caused it, but figured it was probably due to bad maintenance from the previous owner or something. I'm no expert, but it sounds like the cause of bad rod bearings?

For now I'm happy I finally have a car and can focus more on my job again, at least until the court date. I'm gonna have the car inspected on Oct 21 in a shop of a racing team that specializes in M cars, to make sure it's safe to drive and maybe tell me more about what might've been damaged before from the crash.
What I've noticed is that the car yesterday started to make weird noises from the front axle when turning the steering wheel further than usually while driving (e.g. for parking). It's multiple sounds... mostly it's a metallic grinding noise and sometimes there's even a knock, like something snapping out of place and then back in. Sounds really unhealthy. But only when parking. Hopefully it's not a big deal though.
Appreciate 0