View Single Post
      11-09-2007, 10:49 AM   #48
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
There is no justice in this world, you guys are talking about not willing to pay anything more than $66K for an M3 and here in the UK I place the order for my M3 specced at £55K which at today's exchange rate of $2.09=£1 means I am paying $115K for the privilege.

Guys get a grip, you don't know when you are getting it good.
Oh I have no doubts that we have easy-mode over here in the US. The fact that we will be buying the same car for most nearly 1:1 (maybe 1.5:1 for the nit-pickers) ratio in price when the currency is roughly 2:1 is ridiculous. But remember that the markets and living costs are completely different as well. I've never lived or even visited Europe but if they were even remotely similar I would be shocked.

Also, the poeple that have posted an upwards limit aren't trying to be cheap or smug or spoiled about getting lower prices. The limit they posted is just that, their limit to how much money they could stretch to spend on the car. Plus on a side note everything has personal (sentimental) worth to poeple, it's only natural that said worth would be different depending on the currency or country you hail from.
Appreciate 0