07-23-2014, 12:40 PM   #321
E90M3velocity
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Manual-Slicktop E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
Are you saying BMW should be let off the hook for knowingly selling a defective product? And who knows if the new F80 may even start having its own bearing issues too!

Besides, $2000 is not chump change, whether or not someone can afford it. I had my car just over 2 years and I already spent $2000 on throttle actuators. To spend another $2000 on bearings is just ridiculous. The M3 is not worth that kind of maintenance costs.
2 years for me too and probably spent more than 2k narrowing down the list of faults that is causing my engine go into limp mode plus the rod bearing issue looming behind my head. Reasons why I dont want to track it as its my only car. I agree that some attention needs to be brought out to make bmw try to fix this and not giving us a band aid fix like replacing the motor with one that can later have the same issue again. Im with W/// in a way that an aftermarket company will have a fix for this first before bmw. With the rave reviews of the f80's, bmw will focus more on them so people will buy buy buy! People wont buy if bmw openly say "my bad, please forgive us" for older gen m3's blowing up. That will turn potential owners of the f80's to question their reliability thus loosing $$$.
Appreciate 0