View Single Post
      01-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #71
Fooshe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I heard of situations where someone called their insurance company to inquire about HPDE coverage, and the insurance company droppped them right there.

There have been other reports where the insurance company goes to driving events and takes pics of the plates and sends a termination letter if one of their cars is there. This is second hand info from an instructor at at CCA event. He had his plate covered with tape, and I asked him why?
I can confirm that not only is that false, but illegal. The insurance companies have to publish all reasons they can cancel or non-renew your coverage. Being at an event where your policy does not cover you is not one of them.

They can decline to write a policy if they know you are going to do something that drastically increases you as a risk, but the rest of the story is on that has been spread like the one about worker's peeing in bottles of Corona at the mfg'ing plant.

That being said, photos are taken of cars on track all the time and covering your plate does take away one form of identifying your car. There would be nothing from stopping an investigator from going onto to the site of the track photographer and looking at what they shot.
Appreciate 0