View Single Post
      05-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #72
dvpouldar26
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 328i, Porsche 987.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
I agree with that, but the price of that SC does't seem to cater towards that demographic. If you wanna target the younger modding crowd that will buy these cars used you need to adjust the price accordingly IMHO. If they can do that (taking into account what they spent during R&D) they'll do well if it turns out to be a reliable kit.
I agree with that statement; they do need to lower their price eventually. However, i'm sure initially, in order to recoup R&D costs, the cost will stay high. As more and more kits are produced, the price of the kit will gradually be lowered to meet a larger demand pool. For example, i'm sure we can all agree that Evolve and Gintani have a smaller pool of customers who paid a premium for their kit. Vf is next up with a good handful more kits than those gintani and evolve kits out there, thus the slightly lower price point. And we all can agree that ESS, which has the most kits out there, has by far the lowest price point. If Harrop, or any company for that matter, follows that model (as long as the demand is there), then i'm sure the price will drop eventually as more and more kits are sold. It's hard to start out initially at a low price point from the get-go and recoup costs.
Jet Black / Gloss Black Grilles / 8000k D1S low beam / 6000k HID fogs / GP Thunder 8500k angels & cornering bulbs / black reflectors / gloss black vinyled window trim / tints / smoked rear turn signals / black roundels / AC Schnitzer roof spoiler / VRS style decklid spoiler / Matte black Stripes / Rear fogs / matte mirrors / 19" LM reps / APR lip
Appreciate 0