View Single Post
      04-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #15
helava
Rep
Drives: 2010 Interlagos DCT Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgate1234 View Post
The ad was likely an honest mistake. The dealer should have fessed up and given you a discount up front instead of acting like scumbags and putting in a cheap-ass aftermarket system and then claiming you got exactly what was advertised. How is that different than advertising a car with a nav system - and giving you a $99 TomTom? Even though in the end they did the right thing, the dealer showed its true colors.
Yeah, my perspective was the ad was an honest mistake, but since that was the negotiated price/options list, they should honor that - and it looked like that would be the case, but then pulled some nonsensical garbage. The nav system argument was almost exactly the argument I made... and then backed it up with a printout of the ad, and the California False Advertising law with the relevant sections highlighted.

I have no doubt - none - that without that last bit, I'd basically have been told to F off based on how the conversation changed after pulling that out. Just goes to show that you need to be prepared, even if you don't end up say, using the hammer, it's nice to know you have one.

I wouldn't buy another car at Sonnen based on this experience, nor would I recommend it to anyone else. But it definitely could have been much worse.
Appreciate 0