View Single Post
      11-20-2011, 12:24 AM   #118
MysticBlue
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '20 M5C, '09 M3 DCT Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMattB View Post
Wow - I don't think that was his intent.

I am still trying to wrap my head around the statement that someone earning an income which ranks in the top 1% (of household, not personal, income) in the United States of America could be considered upper middle class. That statement absolutely astounds me with its absurdity.
+1
Everybody has their own reality. 350k might be upper middle class in certain urban centers. But in the vast majority of the country, fly-over country, red states, all those places where, according to Obama, the great unwashed masses are clinging to their guns and bibles, 350k/year, especially if it was consistent year to year, would not ever be described with a phrase that included the words "middle class". Even if you put "upper" in front of it.
If you live in NYC, San Francisco or other high dollar area, then yeah, but that has more to do with what you spend to live, not what you make, and having blinders on and not being very aware of life outside your immediate circle. And it's what irritates the rest of us, the attitude from people that live in places like that... That it's normal to live in a half a million dollar condo or house and like to discuss whether they velet their car or not. It's not normal.

Last edited by MysticBlue; 11-20-2011 at 01:14 AM..
Appreciate 0