10-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #108
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
The GT-R is a monster, stock or modified, but the performance is not quite in the 'awe' range just yet, I think the biggest 'awe' factor is that it's a Nissan, not a Ferrari, Not a Porsche, it's a Nissan, you can pick up for 100k and give anyone and everyone trouble, I just think people tend to overlook many other cars that take 10k, and give you 0-60 in under 3 seconds, or 1/4 times under 10 seconds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
I think you must be another person who does not know what an R-34 is. That is ok, I'll play anyway.

The GTR is about a 90k-100k car, obviously it's not a Honda Civic or an EVO, it's double the price of most cars I've listed.

No way should 10k on a civic get you a GT-R, are you stupid or something? My point is that Nissan is extracting what is available, not innovating, this extraction is common through the JDM and Modified world, it should not draw shock and awe, especially those who claim to be GT-R know it alls, people who obviously know nothing about prior generations of the Skyline GT-Rs.
I'm not stupid, but if saying that makes you feel better so be it. Thanks for the immature comment. Typical M3 forum member you are indeed. It's hard to post something on this forum without someone making an ignorant childish response. So typical. This is one of the downfalls of the M3 forum. I rarely see comments like this on other forums I follow.

Did I mention anything about the last generations? What does that have to do with my comments? You didn't even properly respond to my post. Well your assumptions are false as I'm well aware of the GTRs history dating back to 1969, including it's racing history. In fact some of those cars were imported here.

Anyway, I was responding to your statement that there are many other cars to choose from that will allow similar performance for an extra 10k. Maybe you should read your own thread to see that. See above. It's not all about 0-60 or 1/4 mile times. The civic was obviously an exaggerated example that can be applied to an EVO, Mustang, etc.

Last edited by erio; 10-19-2011 at 05:09 PM..
Appreciate 0