Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model X

Garage List
2007 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPI View Post
Yea I agree. The rural areas are probably tougher to get anything going as they don't want any change or urbanization near them. They like the way things are, as it is and do not like change. Location and getting the support of the people around you is key for these type of things. It's a lot of work, but I can see it being accomplished. I remember the City of Calgary police dept. had an application for a training facility with a track and shooting range. All the studies were done and looked great, and eventually got shut down because of NIMBY.
The irony is that at one point, someone probably loved the peaceful, raw nature of where their property is now and they have "ruined" that. It's okay for someone to develop their land, but when another person wants to further any other development, they are the first to object!

I did a proposal once for a lakefront development and I asked for comments. They said they didn't want the people in this new development because they would ride their skidoos all over the lake. I asked if we should ban skidoos on the lake all together? They responded "no way" because they wouldn't be able to ride theirs... Oh, brother!