View Single Post
      07-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #18
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonifyd View Post
could you please elaborate on how it did not work well?

When you say two coats of siwssvax, do you just apply one layer, buff out, then apply the next layer right after?

doesn't the sealant add more protection and shine?
With other sealants and waxes, yes. The sealants typically last longer than carnauba waxes but in general, do not give the same amount of depth and shine so people were trying to get the best of both worlds by combining them. I have tried applying Blau Weiss over Powerlock and it seemed like the Blau Weiss just wouldn't cure. I just couldn't get rid of the hazing even after giving it 6-12 hours of cure time (Swissvax suggests 3 hours curing and then another wipe down to remove hazing). It seemed like I was just smearing the uncured wax around. I have asked others in my area who have tried it with other sealants and they had the same results with Swissvax.

When I apply 2 layers, I usually apply one, wipe off, wait at least 3 hours, and then apply the second and wipe off. After wiping off the second coat, wait at least 3 hours, and then wipe off any hazing visible.

Enivronment could play a huge role in how this all works out. I live in a high humidity climate so cure times tend to be longer. I don't get anywhere near the one year that is suggested by Swisswax because of the harsh environment (high humidity, UV, and salt year round). My car is parked outside during the day so it get the direct sun for about 10 hours a day. I also wash weekly so that affects longevity quite a bit.