BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

06-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #45
izzyM3
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I had a coupe before and found the doors a little inconvenient (heavy and long). Got the sedan and is much better. AW or Space Gray both looks great. Maybe if you don't want to see every dirt you might want to go with the grey.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 06:48 AM   #46
soniczoom5
S65 FTW!!!
Rep

Drives: 2011 E90 BMW M3 Silverstone

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
e90 handles better than the e92
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #47
8_is_enough
Captain
Rep

Drives: '11 E92M, '12 GTI

It's really up to your needs and preferences. If you carry more than one passenger, the E90 is the way to go. The E92 sucks for backseat passengers because 1) the opening to the rear is tight even with the front seats folded and moved up, and 2) once you're back there, it feels like you're in a cocoon. But even if you don't care about your passengers' feelings, you'll get annoyed at the inevitable scuffs on your door sills and the backs of your seats.

I had an '08 E90 in Silverstone, and now have an '11 E92 in Alpine White. I always preferred the coupe's styling, but I needed a four door at the time. Also, I liked how the sedan was more unique.

Random thoughts, mostly subjective:
  • I hated my '08's taillights, even after getting OEM blacklines. It made the car look so dated. I considered an LCI retrofit, but a new trunklid, paint, tails, and coding would have cost at least $1200.
  • The door seals on E90s squeak like crazy whenever the chassis flexes, like on speedbumps or going up driveways. The dealer would apply white lithium grease to the seals, but it would only keep them quiet for a month or so. I eventually got my own tube and applied a light layer after every other car wash.
  • I find the coupe's ingress/egress a bit awkward because of the ridiculously long doors. Most of the time I have to squeeze in because I don't want to ding the car next to me.
  • This might just be me, but I prefer the sedan's driving position and outward visibility.
  • Yeah I know it's been mentioned to death, but the CF roof is a must-have (I didn't think it was a big deal until I got my coupe).
  • Even though I had an M-specific color, the general public thought it was a regular 3-series. I don't know why, maybe they just don't associate M3s as sedans. Even with its fat ass, I think the E90 is more of a sleeper than the E92.
  • Silverstone is a polarizing color, even as an owner. It looks best at night, but worst on overcast days. On sunny days, it had too much of a baby blue tint for my liking.
  • Alpine White is as common as common gets, but it just works so well on this car.
Does this confuse you more?
      06-19-2014, 09:27 PM   #48
Eur0Tech
Rep

Drives: e46 330xi

thank you so much for all your opinions , it's helped me to narrow down my decision. As far as interiors are concerned. I going with black leather, unless i can find a Lemon interior, but prob not happening . I like the idea of fox red, possibly Palladium Silver ( more w/ SG, or black ), really separates the car from other M's out ther. Yet I don't want to pay the premium, and possibly seeing myself in X amount of years, selling and the pros and cons of some one loving the color option or feel its too aggressive.
I am Still unable too find a local car w/ color scheme to see in person. So...

Last question:-) if anyone can give some insight on true colors of both( not pictures). If d they have the option in there car. How pleased they are w/ it , or possibly if they feel they should of stuck with something well... A little more lets say "safe"

Two examples
e90 AW m3 fox red (two tone)
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...stingId=0&mmt=[BMW[M3[]][]]&listingId=371842699&Log=0

e90 SG PS interior ( two tone)

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...stingId=0&mmt=[BMW[M3[]][]]&listingId=373852343&Log=0

Last edited by Eur0Tech; 06-19-2014 at 10:05 PM.
Appreciate 0