BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

E92 Lighting

06-09-2014, 05:22 PM   #1
WCM3
canŧ főcus mŷ attėntĭon

Drives: 11 M3 & 95 M3t

What's a fair price? '11 Bare Bones

Hey guys,

So i've been shopping around for M3s and came across this 2011 Le Mans Blue M3 with no premium package (no comfort access, idrive, etc). It does have the competition package and speed cloth. Almost seems like someone who just wanted to race it.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...71354327&Log=0

What's a fair price to pay for such a car? I like the fact it's a 2011, but it also has fairly high miles. Should I lay off?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
WCM3 is offline   United_States
      06-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #2
mercedesc63
Private

Drives: none

If they are negotiating try anywhere from 37-38k.
      06-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #3
cooler2442
Brigadier General

Drives: '11 135 Sport DCT

Send a message via AIM to cooler2442 Send a message via Skype™ to cooler2442
Corporate fleet according to the Carfax, also says "vehicle color noted as White" then it says the same but blue.
      06-09-2014, 09:41 PM   #4
Bavarian Beast
Too many wagons on the bahn.....

Drives: 2011 BMW e93

I would see if it is available next weekend and drive down to see it if you are serious.
      06-09-2014, 09:45 PM   #5
Raja Ventureshield
Banned

Drives: BMW M3 coupe

looks really good if you ask me.
Raja Ventureshield is offline   United_States
      06-10-2014, 07:39 AM   #6
WCM3
canŧ főcus mŷ attėntĭon

Thanks for the comments guys! It's weird, when you pull up the carfax it reads " -$480 below retail blue book." But when you read the carfax, aside from the fleet vehicle, there aren't any accidents or red flags like that. Does anybody know what specially a fleet vehicle was used for?

Curious if anyone sans idrive regretted their decision? I use my phone for maps/music etc, so I feel like I really don't need it.
      06-10-2014, 09:31 AM   #7
Darth Federer
Private First Class

Drives: 2012 m3 SSII Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCM3 View Post
Thanks for the comments guys! It's weird, when you pull up the carfax it reads " -$480 below retail blue book." But when you read the carfax, aside from the fleet vehicle, there aren't any accidents or red flags like that. Does anybody know what specially a fleet vehicle was used for?

Curious if anyone sans idrive regretted their decision? I use my phone for maps/music etc, so I feel like I really don't need it.
When I was shopping for my m3 I initially wanted dct, navigation and idrive. Once I test drove a couple with those features I realized I couldn't deal with the unsightly hump the navigation puts on the clean lines of the simple dashboard. Every time I'm in my friend's m3 with navigation I just can't stand having that screen in front of my face. For me, things like extended premium leather, comfort access and premium packages are much more important to have. My car is fully loaded minus navigation/idrive. As comfortable as it is compared to my friend's Porsche I don't think I'd want to leave off the nice seats in an m3. Also, not sure what sort of fleet car it was but you got to figure if it was used by multiple people who had no financial stake in the car then it might have been abused a bit. I'd keep looking. Budgeting another $8-10,000 for your car over the life of the loan will be worth it for better options. Assuming you're getting it for daily driving.
Darth Federer is offline   United_States
      06-10-2014, 09:43 AM   #8
WCM3
canŧ főcus mŷ attėntĭon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Federer View Post
When I was shopping for my m3 I initially wanted dct, navigation and idrive. Once I test drove a couple with those features I realized I couldn't deal with the unsightly hump the navigation puts on the clean lines of the simple dashboard. Every time I'm in my friend's m3 with navigation I just can't stand having that screen in front of my face. For me, things like extended premium leather, comfort access and premium packages are much more important to have. My car is fully loaded minus navigation/idrive. As comfortable as it is compared to my friend's Porsche I don't think I'd want to leave off the nice seats in an m3. Also, not sure what sort of fleet car it was but you got to figure if it was used by multiple people who had no financial stake in the car then it might have been abused a bit. I'd keep looking. Budgeting another $8-10,000 for your car over the life of the loan will be worth it for better options. Assuming you're getting it for daily driving.
Thanks! Yeah, now that I look at the cars options, it doesn't have comfort access either. Looks like the only things going for it in my eyes are Le Mans exterior, speed cloth, and competition package. I very much enjoy comfort access and probably rear PDC. I'll hold out for a vehicle with one of those.
      06-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #9
thetastelingers
Master lurker

Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCM3 View Post
Hey guys,

So i've been shopping around for M3s and came across this 2011 Le Mans Blue M3 with no premium package (no comfort access, idrive, etc). It does have the competition package and speed cloth. Almost seems like someone who just wanted to race it.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...71354327&Log=0

What's a fair price to pay for such a car? I like the fact it's a 2011, but it also has fairly high miles. Should I lay off?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
I actually drove that car a few weeks ago.
The car drove just great, but you could tell it was daily driven. Had some minor surface scratches, no dents, tires were excellent condition as well.

The battery was expired when I got there to drive it. They had to boost it off.
If you are very serious, get them to replace the battery and do something about the scratches on the car.

They had it on Autotrader for $44k but the window said $42k
I guess they discounted it more since I drove it.

Now that I think about it, the transmission when cold had a slight grind to it going into second, but when the car warmed up, it wasn't there anymore.
      06-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #10
DemolitionJim
First Lieutenant

Drives: E92 MW M3

i have a bare bones '11 m3 with the competition package and speed cloth only (heated manual seats only option) and that seems like a pretty solid price to me.
DemolitionJim is offline   United_States
      06-11-2014, 06:10 PM   #11
Bimmer-M3
Captain

Drives: e90

The price of the car is 38K now...thats really the cheapest you can get for an '11 model with this mileage !
      06-12-2014, 11:04 PM   #12
TrakBch
Captain

Drives: Alpine White E92

Some people choose to title/lease vehicles in their business name. Given the miles, I don't doubt it. My GTR is titled to my business so I can expense the four figure maintenance. I wouldn't let this discourage you.

If a dealer has dropped their price that drastically in a short amount of time they will likely consider a marginal offer below that. It is reasonably cheap, and they will start to get a lot more activity on it at that price.
F80 M3 DCT, CCB - In case the other two are broken