BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-04-2014, 04:43 AM   #23
///M Power-Belgium
Brigadier General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
66
Rep
3,926
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Sad story ! And feel sorry about your situation !
Anyway i wish you "good luck" man,and hope to see you still on here !
Damn the worldwide economical 5H1T ?!?!
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 06:09 AM   #24
thetastelingers
Master lurker
thetastelingers's Avatar
6
Rep
251
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Soddy Daisy

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNate View Post
Tried selling first. Been on the market since January. One bonafide offer since and that individual wants me to basically give it away. I will be renting it out VERY shortly.
Been there done that. We have a renter now.
Market is crap for sellers.
May as well be making money on it if we can't sell it.

BRZ/FRS is going to be cheap to mod. If I had one I would go mod crazy with it.
Warranty? pfff.... those engines are cheap enough to build if they go boom.

Have fun with it!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 06:49 AM   #25
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
PhillyNate's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,038
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Toyota GT-86
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium
Sad story ! And feel sorry about your situation !
Anyway i wish you "good luck" man,and hope to see you still on here !
Damn the worldwide economical 5H1T ?!?!
thank you Sir.
__________________

"what I'm driving here...is an ending." Jeremy Clarkson
2014 Whiteout Toyota GT-86 6mt(Presently enjoying WAY more than anticipated)
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 06:50 AM   #26
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
PhillyNate's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,038
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Toyota GT-86
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetastelingers
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNate View Post
Tried selling first. Been on the market since January. One bonafide offer since and that individual wants me to basically give it away. I will be renting it out VERY shortly.
Been there done that. We have a renter now.
Market is crap for sellers.
May as well be making money on it if we can't sell it.

BRZ/FRS is going to be cheap to mod. If I had one I would go mod crazy with it.
Warranty? pfff.... those engines are cheap enough to build if they go boom.

Have fun with it!
Very much appreciated.
__________________

"what I'm driving here...is an ending." Jeremy Clarkson
2014 Whiteout Toyota GT-86 6mt(Presently enjoying WAY more than anticipated)
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 07:13 AM   #27
Semi-Poor
Lieutenant
Semi-Poor's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
530
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northeast USA

iTrader: (0)

Sorry to hear this. In the face of adversity the true measure of a man is taken. You will be rewarded in the end and derservedly so. Wishing you and your family nothing but the best.
__________________
2013 M3 Coupe Melbourne RedÖhlins Road & Track, MPE Exhaust, Brembo GT 380 BBK, HRE S104 Wheels, iND Painted License Plate Frame, M3 Painted Rear Badge, BMW M3 Edition Grills & Gills, BMW Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2014, 07:47 AM   #28
BetterLate
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: 09 JtB E92
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Hey Philly-

I'm a low poster but frequent lurker here over the years. You are a great member of this forum. I've always appreciated the genuine tone and honest and helpful nature of your posts.

Wishing you the best in the future for you and your family. My son is in college and my daughter recently graduated and will be getting married next year - so I can relate to your situation. In my life - challenges have often become opportunities. Hope this is the case for you. There is nothing more noble than doing the right thing for your family. And the BRZ is a really cool car. Stay in touch with the forum.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 08:08 AM   #29
W///
Major General
W///'s Avatar
84
Rep
5,396
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (12)

Damn, sorry to hear. I'll always remember you by your avatar, always cracks me up.

So is the FRS a done deal? The only reason I ask is because I had a chance to test drive a BRZ Limited a couple of months ago. A lot of things that I absolutely loved about the car (looks, seats+seating position, clutch feel, shifter, very reasonably priced for what it is), but there were also a few things I just couldn't live with. I don't mind low torque cars (heck I DD a 97 4Runner), but merging on the highway was quite a chore in the BRZ.

I know there's always debates about FRS vs E36 M3, but I just got one and literally cannot stop driving it. The E92 has been in the garage all week. Yes, it's an older car and it'll need things, but you can find one that's had everything done to it for not too much money. The power is great on this thing, gets good gas mileage, handles amazing too. Granted, the interior doesn't age very well at all, but that was secondary for me.

Just a thought. Regardless, all the best and please stay in touch with us!
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Catless Eisenmann Race | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 08:16 AM   #30
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
PhillyNate's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,038
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Toyota GT-86
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi-Poor View Post
Sorry to hear this. In the face of adversity the true measure of a man is taken. You will be rewarded in the end and derservedly so. Wishing you and your family nothing but the best.
My man!!! I am truly touched by all the kind words. TRULY. Thank you.
__________________

"what I'm driving here...is an ending." Jeremy Clarkson
2014 Whiteout Toyota GT-86 6mt(Presently enjoying WAY more than anticipated)
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 08:21 AM   #31
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
PhillyNate's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,038
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Toyota GT-86
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterLate View Post
Hey Philly-

I'm a low poster but frequent lurker here over the years. You are a great member of this forum. I've always appreciated the genuine tone and honest and helpful nature of your posts.

Wishing you the best in the future for you and your family. My son is in college and my daughter recently graduated and will be getting married next year - so I can relate to your situation. In my life - challenges have often become opportunities. Hope this is the case for you. There is nothing more noble than doing the right thing for your family. And the BRZ is a really cool car. Stay in touch with the forum.
I NEVER expected to have to do this but this isn't a death in the family fortunately. I am utterly speechless at the outpouring of kind words that my brothers/sisters on this forum have extended to me. Bravo to you! A HEARTY THANK YOU!!!!!!
Remember there is a Porsche in my future ppl.
__________________

"what I'm driving here...is an ending." Jeremy Clarkson
2014 Whiteout Toyota GT-86 6mt(Presently enjoying WAY more than anticipated)
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 08:29 AM   #32
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
PhillyNate's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,038
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Toyota GT-86
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Damn, sorry to hear. I'll always remember you by your avatar, always cracks me up.

So is the FRS a done deal? The only reason I ask is because I had a chance to test drive a BRZ Limited a couple of months ago. A lot of things that I absolutely loved about the car (looks, seats+seating position, clutch feel, shifter, very reasonably priced for what it is), but there were also a few things I just couldn't live with. I don't mind low torque cars (heck I DD a 97 4Runner), but merging on the highway was quite a chore in the BRZ.

I know there's always debates about FRS vs E36 M3, but I just got one and literally cannot stop driving it. The E92 has been in the garage all week. Yes, it's an older car and it'll need things, but you can find one that's had everything done to it for not too much money. The power is great on this thing, gets good gas mileage, handles amazing too. Granted, the interior doesn't age very well at all, but that was secondary for me.

Just a thought. Regardless, all the best and please stay in touch with us!
It's a done deal. Put a deposit down yesterday and they are dealer trading the one I want as we speak. Actually if you rev the car in the upper rpm range you get very decent power out of it IMO. I just don't like how it sounds when you do that. I don't know if it's typical 4 cylinder noises or THIS particular 4 cylinder. Coming from one of the greatest V8's EVER is not helping either Lol. I'm sure I will be getting wheels first and an exhaust VERY soon after. Thank you for your thoughtful words.
__________________

"what I'm driving here...is an ending." Jeremy Clarkson
2014 Whiteout Toyota GT-86 6mt(Presently enjoying WAY more than anticipated)
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 08:31 AM   #33
Acree
Private
United_States
0
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Interesting. I'm about to sell my highly modified BRZ to get into an E92 M3. Hope you're sure!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 08:38 AM   #34
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
PhillyNate's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,038
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Toyota GT-86
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acree View Post
Interesting. I'm about to sell my highly modified BRZ to get into an E92 M3. Hope you're sure!
My pockets are...not sure about the rest but will keep you posted.
__________________

"what I'm driving here...is an ending." Jeremy Clarkson
2014 Whiteout Toyota GT-86 6mt(Presently enjoying WAY more than anticipated)
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 08:47 AM   #35
Amirsm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Amirsm3's Avatar
18
Rep
1,604
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Williams/Flagstaff, AZ

iTrader: (2)

Sorry to hear about your impending loss. I remember when I sold my E46 M3 because my wife at the time thought it was the right thing to do. She ended up leaving me a couple years later.

Lesson? Sell your wife and keep the car.
__________________
2011 e90 M3 Space Grey DCT- black eAs gills/grilles, eAs H8 LED Corona bulbs, BMW carbon fiber mirror caps, Agency Power CF elbow, MS 12f/12r spacers, Alex@AlpineMSS DCT Flash, iND reflectors, Milltek slip-on, F10 M5 front brakes, BMW Perf. steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 08:55 AM   #36
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
PhillyNate's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,038
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Toyota GT-86
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3
Sorry to hear about your impending loss. I remember when I sold my E46 M3 because my wife at the time thought it was the right thing to do. She ended up leaving me a couple years later.

Lesson? Sell your wife and keep the car.
Strangely she doesn't want me to sell but we could be headed in a similar direction. She LOVES the car.
Thank you
__________________

"what I'm driving here...is an ending." Jeremy Clarkson
2014 Whiteout Toyota GT-86 6mt(Presently enjoying WAY more than anticipated)
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #37
Amirsm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Amirsm3's Avatar
18
Rep
1,604
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Williams/Flagstaff, AZ

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNate View Post
Strangely she doesn't want me to sell but we could be headed in a similar direction. She LOVES the car.
Thank you
Joking aside, I'm sure you'll be back in one like I ended up doing.
__________________
2011 e90 M3 Space Grey DCT- black eAs gills/grilles, eAs H8 LED Corona bulbs, BMW carbon fiber mirror caps, Agency Power CF elbow, MS 12f/12r spacers, Alex@AlpineMSS DCT Flash, iND reflectors, Milltek slip-on, F10 M5 front brakes, BMW Perf. steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 09:29 AM   #38
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
PhillyNate's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,038
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Toyota GT-86
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNate View Post
Strangely she doesn't want me to sell but we could be headed in a similar direction. She LOVES the car.
Thank you
Joking aside, I'm sure you'll be back in one like I ended up doing.
The pain would be too great knowing I had a great one already. I would have to go Porsche 911
Thanks
__________________

"what I'm driving here...is an ending." Jeremy Clarkson
2014 Whiteout Toyota GT-86 6mt(Presently enjoying WAY more than anticipated)
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 09:29 AM   #39
car_fan
Captain
car_fan's Avatar
35
Rep
830
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F12 650cic / 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoFla

iTrader: (0)

///M3 or not, please stick around. As others have stated, you are a valued member and contributor.

Totally understand you decision as well
__________________
2012 650cic Space Gray/Vermillon Red/Blk.Top(retired)
2011 MINI CooperS BRGII/Lounge Green/Sport/Prem/Connect/Black Xenon/Black Conical Spokes/ACS springs/ACS exhaust/Alta Shorty/Continental Extreme DW
2012 M3 AW/FR NDH2/2MK/ZPP/ZCP/ZCW/752/6NR/OEM CF splitters/OEM CF Mirror caps
2012 X3 35i Titanium Silver/Black ZAP/ZPP/TECH/APPS/Breyton GTS/Continental Extreme DW
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 09:37 AM   #40
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
PhillyNate's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,038
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Toyota GT-86
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_fan
///M3 or not, please stick around. As others have stated, you are a valued member and contributor.

Totally understand you decision as well
I'm not going anywhere! I love you guys/gals. I'm a BMW man for life even if the philosophy gets lost.
__________________

"what I'm driving here...is an ending." Jeremy Clarkson
2014 Whiteout Toyota GT-86 6mt(Presently enjoying WAY more than anticipated)
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 09:43 AM   #41
Amirsm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Amirsm3's Avatar
18
Rep
1,604
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Williams/Flagstaff, AZ

iTrader: (2)

I feel like a 911 is a worthy replacement
__________________
2011 e90 M3 Space Grey DCT- black eAs gills/grilles, eAs H8 LED Corona bulbs, BMW carbon fiber mirror caps, Agency Power CF elbow, MS 12f/12r spacers, Alex@AlpineMSS DCT Flash, iND reflectors, Milltek slip-on, F10 M5 front brakes, BMW Perf. steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #42
car_fan
Captain
car_fan's Avatar
35
Rep
830
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F12 650cic / 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoFla

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNate View Post
I'm a BMW man for life even if the philosophy gets lost.
I'm with you 100% on this
__________________
2012 650cic Space Gray/Vermillon Red/Blk.Top(retired)
2011 MINI CooperS BRGII/Lounge Green/Sport/Prem/Connect/Black Xenon/Black Conical Spokes/ACS springs/ACS exhaust/Alta Shorty/Continental Extreme DW
2012 M3 AW/FR NDH2/2MK/ZPP/ZCP/ZCW/752/6NR/OEM CF splitters/OEM CF Mirror caps
2012 X3 35i Titanium Silver/Black ZAP/ZPP/TECH/APPS/Breyton GTS/Continental Extreme DW
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 10:01 AM   #43
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
Sebringjetta's Avatar
United_States
49
Rep
3,124
Posts

 
Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-S65 View Post
NO!! Get rid of one of the houses ...or a kid.
Keep the car!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 10:40 AM   #44
davesaddiction
is fast cars
davesaddiction's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
1,593
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tulsa

iTrader: (0)

Love the looks and light weight of the BRZ. Hope you can do a few things and make it a car you love. It sucks, but you're making the right choice.

And glad you're sticking around!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST