BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BPM Sport

05-29-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
3er_Albtraum
e92 ///M3 ZCP

Drives: 2013 e92 ///M3

Lowering spring advice!

I want to install H&R/Eibach lowering springs on my e92 m3 guys, anyone have either of them that can give me advice on em'? I don't want to sacrifice the cars handling capabilities as I will want to run the car on a track every now and then. I heard these kits increase the front rake of the car causing some oversteer and understeer at times.. any advice gentlemen?
3er_Albtraum is offline   United_States
      05-29-2014, 11:30 AM   #2
Remonster
Captain

Drives: M3 6MT VT2-625 - 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3er_Albtraum View Post
I want to install H&R/Eibach lowering springs on my e92 m3 guys, anyone have either of them that can give me advice on em'? I don't want to sacrifice the cars handling capabilities as I will want to run the car on a track every now and then. I heard these kits increase the front rake of the car causing some oversteer and understeer at times.. any advice gentlemen?
Swift Spec-R springs seem like a better option for you, I have them on my M3 now and have owned Eibach on a previous car and driven many cars with H&R springs. I've also driven lots of different M3s with coilovers and I believe the Spec-Rs with the factory dampers are a great combo for the money.

The Swift springs are linear so they really kill a lot of body roll and give you more linear steering response and a sharper turn in than stock, H&R, or Eibach can because of their progressive spring rates. Swift also does not drop the front as much as the others so you don't end up with a forward rake. I got mine from HPA for like $340 and I think they are an insanely great value. The ride will definitely be a little stiffer than stock, I would say similar to H&R. Eibach generally gives you a very comfy ride.
Remonster is offline   United_States
+1
      05-29-2014, 12:06 PM   #3
///M Power-Belgium
Brigadier General

Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II

Quote:
I'm sure that the Swift/R Spec springs are the best !
I'm looking after the Swift springs but need a TUV/Approval for the yearly car inspection here in Belgium !Damn this country !(Just sent Email to EAS )
Here you can see before and after the drop looks just damn perfect !>http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=983628
      05-29-2014, 12:41 PM   #4
3er_Albtraum
e92 ///M3 ZCP

I'll check those thanks!!! This country has shit regulations as well lol
      05-29-2014, 12:42 PM   #5
3er_Albtraum
e92 ///M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium
Quote:
I'm sure that the Swift/R Spec springs are the best !
I'm looking after the Swift springs but need a TUV/Approval for the yearly car inspection here in Belgium !Damn this country !(Just sent Email to EAS )
Here you can see before and after the drop looks just damn perfect !>http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=983628
I was just concerned about the handling as well ya know. I heard bad things about lowering the car
      05-29-2014, 12:43 PM   #6
3er_Albtraum
e92 ///M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster
Quote:
Swift Spec-R springs seem like a better option for you, I have them on my M3 now and have owned Eibach on a previous car and driven many cars with H&R springs. I've also driven lots of different M3s with coilovers and I believe the Spec-Rs with the factory dampers are a great combo for the money.

The Swift springs are linear so they really kill a lot of body roll and give you more linear steering response and a sharper turn in than stock, H&R, or Eibach can because of their progressive spring rates. Swift also does not drop the front as much as the others so you don't end up with a forward rake. I got mine from HPA for like $340 and I think they are an insanely great value. The ride will definitely be a little stiffer than stock, I would say similar to H&R. Eibach generally gives you a very comfy ride.
Ok i am gonna look into that now thanks for the advice.
      05-29-2014, 12:57 PM   #7
///M Power-Belgium
Brigadier General

Quote:
I was just concerned about the handling as well ya know. I heard bad things about lowering the car
Yes me too,my car has EDC and PSS tires and in fast turns i can feel some body roll,so i had several PM's with members with Swift springs,and they say they are slightly harder than Oem,steering feel is much sharper ,response,handling of steering feel is better,and body roll is almost history !
And the price looks good too,what do we want more ?
When i can get a TUV/Approval my order will be done in the same minute !
      05-29-2014, 01:19 PM   #8
swifty
Major

Drives: FO M3

Love my swifts!!

Current: FO e92 M3
      05-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #9
///M Power-Belgium
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post