BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-06-2007, 03:00 PM   #1
Darkkilla
First Lieutenant
Darkkilla's Avatar
8
Rep
388
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 e82 135i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (2)

how long would you think the waiting list is?

well i was just wondering how long do you think it would take to get an M3 in the states right as it comes out WITH OUT putting a pre order on one? just wondering.
__________________
2007 335i E90 sedan: sport package, montego blue, black interior /w aluminum trim, 6MT
delv: 5/25/07
2010 E82 135i
6MT, Saph Black Ext. , Coral Red Int. , Sport pkg, Cold weather, Ipod/USB, Bluetooth assist. N54 FTW!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 03:39 PM   #2
Big Windy
Major General
Big Windy's Avatar
United_States
71
Rep
5,118
Posts

 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
there are a lot of factors to this i.e. where are you in the US, how much money do you have (are you willing to pay a markup), are you planning to buy from the floor or put in an order, etc....
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 03:43 PM   #3
Darkkilla
First Lieutenant
Darkkilla's Avatar
8
Rep
388
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 e82 135i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (2)

well cause i know its a far away but when my lease ends in 2 years i want to get an M3. but yeah i know its a far date from now but i remember people telling me when the M3 came out in like 2001 the e46 the wait was like almost 2 years (mid atlantic, jersey, new york)
__________________
2007 335i E90 sedan: sport package, montego blue, black interior /w aluminum trim, 6MT
delv: 5/25/07
2010 E82 135i
6MT, Saph Black Ext. , Coral Red Int. , Sport pkg, Cold weather, Ipod/USB, Bluetooth assist. N54 FTW!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 05:36 PM   #4
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,558
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
wow 2 years...well BMW does plan to sell 100,000 M3s so im guessing it wouldnt be as bad as the e46? But if your not on the list now i guess maybe a year depending on where you are. Maybe in more rural places you can just walk in and buy one.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 05:41 PM   #5
Smoltz
Lieutenant
5
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: 04 Challenge Stradale + 02 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Live Free or Die

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkkilla View Post
well cause i know its a far away but when my lease ends in 2 years i want to get an M3. but yeah i know its a far date from now but i remember people telling me when the M3 came out in like 2001 the e46 the wait was like almost 2 years (mid atlantic, jersey, new york)
You have nothing to worry about if your lease doesn't end for another 2 years.

-Adam
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 09:10 PM   #6
Darkkilla
First Lieutenant
Darkkilla's Avatar
8
Rep
388
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 e82 135i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (2)

well its not that im worried im more curious rather than looking into it for my self
__________________
2007 335i E90 sedan: sport package, montego blue, black interior /w aluminum trim, 6MT
delv: 5/25/07
2010 E82 135i
6MT, Saph Black Ext. , Coral Red Int. , Sport pkg, Cold weather, Ipod/USB, Bluetooth assist. N54 FTW!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 11:34 PM   #7
Smoltz
Lieutenant
5
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: 04 Challenge Stradale + 02 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Live Free or Die

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkkilla View Post
well its not that im worried im more curious rather than looking into it for my self
There will be no waiting list in two years, discounts will be available readily at many US dealers. BMW wants to sell 50k units, thats more than E46 M3 and the economy isn't as strong and the car costs more than the outgoing model.

-Adam
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 11:48 PM   #8
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoltz View Post
There will be no waiting list in two years, discounts will be available readily at many US dealers. BMW wants to sell 50k units, thats more than E46 M3 and the economy isn't as strong and the car costs more than the outgoing model.

-Adam
BMW sold 43700 E46 M3s in NA, so their current target of 50000 is not a whole lot more, and I don't think the E46 M3 was discounted 2 years into production. Yes, the shape of the economy will be telling though. My thinking is that there will no wait lists for the 2009 model.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 12:17 AM   #9
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,558
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
hmmm 50K cars for the US huh? If there are 366 dealers in the US and lets say 10K cars are produced per year, and production goes for say...5 years, that means each dealer will get 27 cars a year.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 10:08 AM   #10
Smoltz
Lieutenant
5
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: 04 Challenge Stradale + 02 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Live Free or Die

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
BMW sold 43700 E46 M3s in NA, so their current target of 50000 is not a whole lot more, and I don't think the E46 M3 was discounted 2 years into production. Yes, the shape of the economy will be telling though. My thinking is that there will no wait lists for the 2009 model.
The E46 M3 debuted in Spring 01. I didn't shop in 03, but I did shop in early 04, and I was offered 1000 over w/o negotiatin by a number of dealers. That was in a stronger economy and with a lower base price, with lower production targets and when the next model down wasn't capable of making the same amount of power with a $500 chip.

-Adam
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 01:24 PM   #11
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoltz View Post
The E46 M3 debuted in Spring 01. I didn't shop in 03, but I did shop in early 04, and I was offered 1000 over w/o negotiatin by a number of dealers. That was in a stronger economy and with a lower base price, with lower production targets and when the next model down wasn't capable of making the same amount of power with a $500 chip.

-Adam
I bought my car in the Fall of 2003. I looked into a bunch of 2004 model European cars, including Audis, VWs and Saabs. They were all offering serious discounts begging me to buy. Cars weren't selling in general despite the low interest rates, and the "growing" economy at that point. So although the overall shape of the economy will affect mark-downs, I am not sure that it is that simple.

At some point, I do think there will be serious discounts--in the $3000 to $5000 range--to be had on the M3 if you really negotiate. That could happen as early as the 2010 model year.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #12
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,558
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
At some point, I do think there will be serious discounts--in the $3000 to $5000 range--to be had on the M3 if you really negotiate. That could happen as early as the 2010 model year.
True, but i think it will heavily depend on how our economy is doing at that time and the yet to be announced base price of the M3.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST