BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-17-2014, 02:34 PM   #23
TrevorM3
Major
14
Rep
1,483
Posts

 
Drives: S54
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Godzilla "looks" and "sounds" like shit too, but smokes even Ferrari's for fun,i had one belong me last year and from that day i can only have huge respect for a car that smoked me like i was moving in slow motion !
Doesn't matter how it sounds,but how it fly's ,same with new M3/M4 !
And i prefer the sound of my S65 too, but it's not the sound that makes our cars faster or such as in this case slower !



As i've said before, most will jump on this new M solely because of the easily attainable power. Which is fine, it's a 335 fanboy's wetdream, essentially.


But the sound is really something I enjoy when I lay the hammer down. I couldn't see myself driving a performance car that didn't sound good. Just my preference of course. This new M sounds worse than the s54, and that's saying alot.
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2014, 03:07 PM   #24
///M Power-Belgium
Brigadier General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
66
Rep
3,931
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
As i've said before, most will jump on this new M solely because of the easily attainable power. Which is fine, it's a 335 fanboy's wetdream, essentially.


But the sound is really something I enjoy when I lay the hammer down. I couldn't see myself driving a performance car that didn't sound good. Just my preference of course. This new M sounds worse than the s54, and that's saying alot.
I know my friend and i'm 100 % agreed with you,but this bad sounding car will shows his tail to ours !
For me personal the best alternative would be the new Z06 perfect sounding 6,2-liter V8 ,and immense power and the best looking car of the last 10 years,sadly the taxes here on a car like this are also immense ,calculation of yearly driver taxes are based on fiscale HP !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 02:14 PM   #25
baba louey
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
235
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 M3 coupe
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: calgary

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Yes and no. Yes the new Cayman is much better looking than the first gen (inside too, that's an awesome interior), but some will say the Cayman R would be the ultimate one to get because it's still hydraulic steering. GT3 is a great example. New one is undoubtedly faster than ever before, but many will prefer 997 due to MT being available.

So sometimes, newer doesn't necessarily mean "better". And "better" is completely dependent on what you are looking for in a car. Personally, I'm keeping the E92 and adding either an M2 or F80 M3 way down the road.
I laughed when you mentioned the Cayman R because when my wife saw the interior door pulls she said "We are not buying this car!". Yes I am happy that the M3 has hydraulic steering. I came from a RX7 with manual steering. Now that was road feel! What I like most about new cars is the materials used in construction. Usually they are stronger, more rigid and lighter.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2014, 12:34 AM   #26
ChrisF
Private First Class
ChrisF's Avatar
1
Rep
168
Posts

 
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP, '10 997.2 GT3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Marin

iTrader: (1)

Take a look again at the E92 hitting 2nd gear. There's a huge stability control / throttle cut event. I'm sure the F80 is faster but the F80 has TC off and doesn't have the same problem. If you want to call "faster" at least give the "lesser" car a chance
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2014, 06:57 AM   #27
Jonjt
Lieutenant
5
Rep
495
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E92 335i M-sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
No way my friend look above # 4 !
Watch the video, you mean?

I did, the E9x is way faster than the E46 was. The delta is definitely larger than between the F80 and the E90.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 04:35 PM   #28
z19930612
First Lieutenant
z19930612's Avatar
United Kingdom
3
Rep
307
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

335i with RB turbo kill both
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 05:15 PM   #29
///M Power-Belgium
Brigadier General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
66
Rep
3,931
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by z19930612 View Post
335i with RB turbo kill both
BS !
We are talking here about stock cars !
Do you want to mod. ?
Ok,we can get the ESS/VT2-3 or G-Power with 620/720 HP ! > http://www.g-power.com/index.php?id=1233&L=1&carid=
Think your RB turbo would need some >
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 05-24-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 05:23 PM   #30
z19930612
First Lieutenant
z19930612's Avatar
United Kingdom
3
Rep
307
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by z19930612 View Post
335i with RB turbo kill both
BS !
We are talking here about stock cars !
Do you want to mod. ?
Ok,we can get the ESS/VT2-3 or G-Power with 620/720 HP !
Think your RB turbo would need some >
It will always be an endless argue when someone like me appears lol
Just saying ppl always making excuse for their own cars because of love or can't afford anything better(like me :P)
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 05:41 PM   #31
///M Power-Belgium
Brigadier General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
66
Rep
3,931
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by z19930612 View Post
It will always be an endless argue when someone like me appears lol
Just saying ppl always making excuse for their own cars because of love or can't afford anything better(like me :P)
I've realy nothing against you,and for me too it was hard working and long, before i was able to buy my ///M3 !
Anaway i realy hope that one day you can do the same ,and yes like you said it's all about love
But also you know what they say.......>///M3 drivers have no friends ! Damn
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 05:46 PM   #32
z19930612
First Lieutenant
z19930612's Avatar
United Kingdom
3
Rep
307
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by z19930612 View Post
It will always be an endless argue when someone like me appears lol
Just saying ppl always making excuse for their own cars because of love or can't afford anything better(like me :P)
I've realy nothing against you,and for me too it was hard working and long, before i was able to buy my ///M3 !
Anaway i realy hope that one day you can do the same ,and yes like you said it's all about love
But also you know what they say.......>///M3 drivers have no friends ! Damn
We are assholes on the road lol
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 05:54 PM   #33
///M Power-Belgium
Brigadier General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
66
Rep
3,931
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by z19930612 View Post
We are assholes on the road lol
In person i'm not!But on the road it depends of......
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:45 AM   #34
Maddict3
Major
Maddict3's Avatar
25
Rep
1,074
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 MW M4
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

can't wait until gustav gets a hold of a F82 and E92. should be fun to watch.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 09:57 PM   #35
coloradoe92m3
Banned
6
Rep
497
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: u.s

iTrader: (0)

Not really, the f80 will blow a stock e90 away
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 01:57 AM   #36
Ezio
Brigadier General
Ezio's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
3,027
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I know my friend and i'm 100 % agreed with you,but this bad sounding car will shows his tail to ours !
For me personal the best alternative would be the new Z06 perfect sounding 6,2-liter V8 ,and immense power and the best looking car of the last 10 years,sadly the taxes here on a car like this are also immense ,calculation of yearly driver taxes are based on fiscale HP !
It sucks that there are so many less cars that sound really good moving into the future. I agree that Z06 sounds insane. You put that sound next to a M4 and the M4 will run away with its tail between its legs.

but as time goes on, i realize i am not a corvette guy. also not a American muscle guy. I like the luxury, style and performance of German cars. Thats why i loved cars like the E92 m3. you get a Screaming V8 with a European make. perfect for what i am looking for. I don't care how fast the M4 is, it sounds like crap to my ears!

I love my E92, but i do plan to get another car in late 2015. It is also a lease. I will own this car again years from now. SO i can look back at the era of real engines. engines that didn't want turbos messing up there throttle response or sound.

I am slowing accepting the fact that great sound and performance of cars these days is going down. even some of the new exotics have went to turbos or electric systems.

If i cant beat the trubo engines (have to buy them), then i will have to join them.

As of now the car that has my interest is the next gen C63 AMG with the Bitrubo 4.0L V8. at least i can still hear some V8 growl while showing the M4 MY TAIL.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 05:56 AM   #37
///M Power-Belgium
Brigadier General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
66
Rep
3,931
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
It sucks that there are so many less cars that sound really good moving into the future. I agree that Z06 sounds insane. You put that sound next to a M4 and the M4 will run away with its tail between its legs.

but as time goes on, i realize i am not a corvette guy. also not a American muscle guy. I like the luxury, style and performance of German cars. Thats why i loved cars like the E92 m3. you get a Screaming V8 with a European make. perfect for what i am looking for. I don't care how fast the M4 is, it sounds like crap to my ears!

I love my E92, but i do plan to get another car in late 2015. It is also a lease. I will own this car again years from now. SO i can look back at the era of real engines. engines that didn't want turbos messing up there throttle response or sound.

I am slowing accepting the fact that great sound and performance of cars these days is going down. even some of the new exotics have went to turbos or electric systems.

If i cant beat the trubo engines (have to buy them), then i will have to join them.

As of now the car that has my interest is the next gen C63 AMG with the Bitrubo 4.0L V8. at least i can still hear some V8 growl while showing the M4 MY TAIL.
Yeah Ezio,it's a good choise with the new C63 AMG Biturbo,and let's hope that the gearbox is upgrated ,because for the moment the gearbox and the grip sucks !
Anyway i'm agreed this car will sound like it should be !
And not to forget that we have always the option of a SC or even the new Gintani's TT kit....who knows and why not ?
I would say.....we will see...........
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 05-30-2014 at 06:04 AM.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST