BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-22-2014, 06:10 PM   #67
BOOstJunkee
Private First Class
 
Drives: Turbo S54 & N54 awd
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jersey

Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

Seems like most of the complaints come from e9x M3 drivers... I'm sorry but the E9x M3 isn't even the best M3. Yes it has the newest technology bc its the latest. But to some, its still heavy, steering feedback isn't as good as the previous M3s. Looks are subjected, but its not the best looking in my book. But it does have that good sounding V8 that revs to 8500. Can't complain too much about that, but its also the reason that it sucks on the streets. No type of low end torque. The M3 was not made for solely tracking. Here in my area, most E9x M3 owners daily their car. And on the streets, it doesn't impress as great as people rave. So BMW solved that problem and a few others by going turbo. Yes the exhaust note isn't the best. Ok. Many folks move on to a P car that doesn't have the best note either. Move to 911 turbos which don't rev to 8500 either. Oh and I'm pretty sure the reviews I've seen says this electric steering that everyone is complaining about is better than the e9x M3. But you have the E9x M3 owners that like to say, I'll just add a blower. A blown E9x M3 is not God either. Many turbo E46 M3s will wipe the floor with these blown M3s. the new M3/4 is a win. If you don't like it, keep you no torque having, slow daily driver but loud exhaust E9x M3. And I see way more E36 and E46 M3s at the track than E9x. For all those that like to throw out how great the car is on the track.
BOOstJunkee is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #68
rjd598
Brigadier General
 
rjd598's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

Posts: 4,567
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Inb4 you all buy the new f8x. History repeats itself
__________________
rjd598 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2014, 08:41 PM   #69
Bimmer-M3
Captain
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: ---

Posts: 643
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
Inb4 you all buy the new f8x. History repeats itself
+1
Bimmer-M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2014, 09:34 PM   #70
Rambler
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eastern Connecticut

Posts: 244
iTrader: (0)

Can't complain too much about that, but its also the reason that it sucks on the streets. No type of low end torque.

How much torque does your m3 have? It's time that these types of posts be called out every time for their utter ignorance. Tell me at what point is the M3's torque not enough or debilitating in any way?
Rambler is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2014, 10:01 PM   #71
BOOstJunkee
Private First Class
 
Drives: Turbo S54 & N54 awd
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jersey

Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
Can't complain too much about that, but its also the reason that it sucks on the streets. No type of low end torque.

How much torque does your m3 have? It's time that these types of posts be called out every time for their utter ignorance. Tell me at what point is the M3's torque not enough or debilitating in any way?
I test drove the E92 M3 twice. Then got the chance to drive a e90 m3 on many occasions once my neighbor purchased his. It never was enough for me to let go of my turbo e46 m3. So I got a e92 335 and kept my e46 m3. Best of both worlds for me. The e9x m3 just never did it for me since I wanted it as a daily. Around town the v8 sounds great but lacked the low end power I wanted in a car. I can rev my e46 m3 to 8500 rpm and I have the new technology in my 335. Never saw a need to get a e9x m3.
BOOstJunkee is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 12:38 AM   #72
M3guy3
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: May 2014
Location: CA

Posts: 323
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOstJunkee View Post
Seems like most of the complaints come from e9x M3 drivers... I'm sorry but the E9x M3 isn't even the best M3. Yes it has the newest technology bc its the latest. But to some, its still heavy, steering feedback isn't as good as the previous M3s. Looks are subjected, but its not the best looking in my book. But it does have that good sounding V8 that revs to 8500. Can't complain too much about that, but its also the reason that it sucks on the streets. No type of low end torque. The M3 was not made for solely tracking. Here in my area, most E9x M3 owners daily their car. And on the streets, it doesn't impress as great as people rave. So BMW solved that problem and a few others by going turbo. Yes the exhaust note isn't the best. Ok. Many folks move on to a P car that doesn't have the best note either. Move to 911 turbos which don't rev to 8500 either. Oh and I'm pretty sure the reviews I've seen says this electric steering that everyone is complaining about is better than the e9x M3. But you have the E9x M3 owners that like to say, I'll just add a blower. A blown E9x M3 is not God either. Many turbo E46 M3s will wipe the floor with these blown M3s. the new M3/4 is a win. If you don't like it, keep you no torque having, slow daily driver but loud exhaust E9x M3. And I see way more E36 and E46 M3s at the track than E9x. For all those that like to throw out how great the car is on the track.
your right m3s are known for being the best daily drivers with there torque fulled engine. oh man that E46, with its 8K Redline and alllll that torque

M3s have always had more track style engines. period. this new trubo one is different.

people dont rave about the E92 for being a great daily driver. I get around town perfectly fine with the stock power. its worth the "wait" to be able to hear that screaming engine. i get it, you need to feel power at 2k RPM. the E92 M3 is not for you. but i would rather have no torque than spending 70k on a car that sounds like a honda.

i dont like the M4, and i got my M new. which was priced over 70k. better believe i will find a faster, better looking and better sounding car.

go back to the 335 forums with this bs.
M3guy3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 01:14 AM   #73
Ezio
Colonel
 
Ezio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

Posts: 2,692
iTrader: (0)

torque ? whats dat? sounds kind of hot.
__________________
Ezio is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 03:58 AM   #74
driftflo
Private
 
Drives: M3 E92, M3 E46, C63 PP+
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Europe

Posts: 83
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
if you need low end torque the other car this thread is about offers plenty of this and is packed with a wonderful NA v8. if FI is no option, there are few alternatives out there.

the c63 is a perfect daily driver. i prefer the e92 when driving alone and spirited. when pushed hard and squeezed out, it is more fun than the c63.

a 335i is another kind of thing... starts with the missing and hard to retrofit lsd. a funcar without lsd can never ever be a funcar. at least in the way i would define driving pleasure!

boostjunkee: so you already ordered a m4?
driftflo is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 06:47 AM   #75
happos2
Dingleberries
 
Drives: Gray E92 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Indiana

Posts: 1,139
iTrader: (2)

Blah torque....it is called shifting, the car is plenty quick when you downshift...

I don't care if I have the fastest car in the world, as long as I enjoy what I have. I enjoy the E92 and don't plan on upgrading to the latest and greatest anytime soon...no need to go faster around town. And I don't care about street races...only car about how the car feels and if I like it on the track.
happos2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 01:09 PM   #76
BOOstJunkee
Private First Class
 
Drives: Turbo S54 & N54 awd
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jersey

Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3guy3 View Post
your right m3s are known for being the best daily drivers with there torque fulled engine. oh man that E46, with its 8K Redline and alllll that torque

M3s have always had more track style engines. period. this new trubo one is different.

people dont rave about the E92 for being a great daily driver. I get around town perfectly fine with the stock power. its worth the "wait" to be able to hear that screaming engine. i get it, you need to feel power at 2k RPM. the E92 M3 is not for you. but i would rather have no torque than spending 70k on a car that sounds like a honda.

i dont like the M4, and i got my M new. which was priced over 70k. better believe i will find a faster, better looking and better sounding car.

go back to the 335 forums with this bs.
As long as you are content with your M3. Many others aren't. To each their own. My 335 is stock and I don't debate 335 vs M3. That V8 just wasn't enough for me to spend the money on it. Spare me with 335 forum bs.
BOOstJunkee is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 01:12 PM   #77
BOOstJunkee
Private First Class
 
Drives: Turbo S54 & N54 awd
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jersey

Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftflo View Post
if you need low end torque the other car this thread is about offers plenty of this and is packed with a wonderful NA v8. if FI is no option, there are few alternatives out there.

the c63 is a perfect daily driver. i prefer the e92 when driving alone and spirited. when pushed hard and squeezed out, it is more fun than the c63.

a 335i is another kind of thing... starts with the missing and hard to retrofit lsd. a funcar without lsd can never ever be a funcar. at least in the way i would define driving pleasure!

boostjunkee: so you already ordered a m4?
No.. I am waiting for more solid reviews before I determine my next move. If the M4 is not for me, I'll move to a P car.
BOOstJunkee is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 01:47 PM   #78
M3guy3
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: May 2014
Location: CA

Posts: 323
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOstJunkee View Post
As long as you are content with your M3. Many others aren't. To each their own. My 335 is stock and I don't debate 335 vs M3. That V8 just wasn't enough for me to spend the money on it. Spare me with 335 forum bs.
when comparing to a 335i. e92 vs e92.

i thought the m3 looked better, handled better, was faster and had a different engine. sure you can mod a 335i to handle and be just as fast or faster than the M3. but what a 335i could never do is sound and rev like a V8 m3. they were completely different style of engines. its a shame you don't understand this. the S65 shines and feels alive on a racetrack. it was made for a higher purpose. "who cares about torque and MPG" "i was made to race not be babied around town". that is what the S65 would say if it could talk.

i liked the fact the v8 will always have that screaming engine, while sure there are drawbacks like you said. now with this new m4, it feels to much like a 335i to me. i bet you they will even sound the same when people start to put exhausts on these cars.

its frustrating for me to read how the M3 sucks on the sole reason it doesn't make a enough power down low. its not fun enough driving to wall mart for you. So you need a small trubo engine that revs much lower, sounds much worse so you can enjoy your trip to wall mart more. unreal .
M3guy3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 02:01 PM   #79
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,628
iTrader: (3)

I don't understand, after close to 6 years since the e9x m3 has been out, the torque argument.

I never ever felt like the S65 wasn't up to the task of daily driving.

The people who complain about the lack of torque have either never driven a m3 or are jealous/delusional/blah blah/etc.
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 02:17 PM   #80
BOOstJunkee
Private First Class
 
Drives: Turbo S54 & N54 awd
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jersey

Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3guy3 View Post
when comparing to a 335i. e92 vs e92.

i thought the m3 looked better, handled better, was faster and had a different engine. sure you can mod a 335i to handle and be just as fast or faster than the M3. but what a 335i could never do is sound and rev like a V8 m3. they were completely different style of engines. its a shame you don't understand this. the S65 shines and feels alive on a racetrack. it was made for a higher purpose. "who cares about torque and MPG" "i was made to race not be babied around town". that is what the S65 would say if it could talk.

i liked the fact the v8 will always have that screaming engine, while sure there are drawbacks like you said. now with this new m4, it feels to much like a 335i to me. i bet you they will even sound the same when people start to put exhausts on these cars.

its frustrating for me to read how the M3 sucks on the sole reason it doesn't make a enough power down low. its not fun enough driving to wall mart for you. So you need a small trubo engine that revs much lower, sounds much worse so you can enjoy your trip to wall mart more. unreal .
I understand all of what you are saying. But there is no need to debate the 335 vs M3 with me. I am not saying that the 335 is better. My only mention of it was to say that I use it as a daily and I have a turbo e46 m3 for M purposes. My point was that the e9x m3 is a good car in my eyes, but did not offer enough for me to left go of my e46 m3. I've driven the s65 on many many occasions. I know exactly how it drives. We all have our different levels of satisfaction. And it didn't satisfy enough of mine since it would be used as a daily. Some say the s85 does not have enough low end torque. To each their own. I see a lot of e9x m3 guys and attend a bunch of local meets. A lot of them do not track their cars. But they are quick to mention how their cars is so great on the track. lol.
I like the idea of the M4. I have yet to drive one so I do hold off on some of my opinions on it. You speak of the M4 being like a 335. Have you driven one? Because if you haven't, then you are guessing. There are reviews from drivers that state otherwise.
BOOstJunkee is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 02:27 PM   #81
M3guy3
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: May 2014
Location: CA

Posts: 323
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOstJunkee View Post
I understand all of what you are saying. But there is no need to debate the 335 vs M3 with me. I am not saying that the 335 is better. My only mention of it was to say that I use it as a daily and I have a turbo e46 m3 for M purposes. My point was that the e9x m3 is a good car in my eyes, but did not offer enough for me to left go of my e46 m3. I've driven the s65 on many many occasions. I know exactly how it drives. We all have our different levels of satisfaction. And it didn't satisfy enough of mine since it would be used as a daily. Some say the s85 does not have enough low end torque. To each their own. I see a lot of e9x m3 guys and attend a bunch of local meets. A lot of them do not track their cars. But they are quick to mention how their cars is so great on the track. lol.
I like the idea of the M4. I have yet to drive one so I do hold off on some of my opinions on it. You speak of the M4 being like a 335. Have you driven one? Because if you haven't, then you are guessing. There are reviews from drivers that state otherwise.
post like this are much better than your first one BTW. saying the E92 m3 is a good car, but it doesn't do it for you. i can respect that.

saying stuff like how the E92 sucks because it cant be a good daily driver is very subjective.
M3guy3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 03:04 PM   #82
BOOstJunkee
Private First Class
 
Drives: Turbo S54 & N54 awd
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jersey

Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3guy3 View Post
post like this are much better than your first one BTW. saying the E92 m3 is a good car, but it doesn't do it for you. i can respect that.

saying stuff like how the E92 sucks because it cant be a good daily driver is very subjective.
Agreed. I found myself tired of all the complaining about a car that enough people haven't even gotten their hands on. I am back to myself now. I have spent time with every M3 and they all have their pros n cons. I like the e9x m3. It just isn't the car for me. But to each their own.
BOOstJunkee is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 03:30 PM   #83
JRV
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011.75 AWE90M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bedford, NY

Posts: 513
iTrader: (1)

The S65 has plenty of torque for daily driving....300ft/lbs. is plenty. It's virtually the same as the 335i. I think the issue is that people are used to driving cars that are not the high revving type. So the deliver comes in - peak torque comes right after where some of these folks may decide to shift when taking it easy. The 335i though delivers it starting at 1500 rpm. It makes DD'ing easier.
The S65 though has more than enough torque after 3900 rpms and gives you climbing power all the way to redline and makes a racket doing it. I like the total experience. I'm sure the new car will be way more than enough for DD'ing and those who new to the M and didn't have an E92 M3 wont miss a thing.
__________________
'08 Silver/Black C300 (Wife)
'04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8 (My beater)
Loaded AW Fox Red/Black/Black Carbon Leather ZCP E90 M3 (Halloween Delivery)
JRV is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2014, 04:47 PM   #84
MrPrena
Civilian
 
MrPrena's Avatar
 
Drives: 99' Avalon, M3, and Other.
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: CO

Posts: 284
iTrader: (0)

Well said.
People are use to shifting at 3000-3500rpm. M3, S2000, NSX , or some High Revving Ferraris usually need to be up shifted at higher RPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRV View Post
The S65 has plenty of torque for daily driving....300ft/lbs. is plenty. It's virtually the same as the 335i. I think the issue is that people are used to driving cars that are not the high revving type. So the deliver comes in - peak torque comes right after where some of these folks may decide to shift when taking it easy. The 335i though delivers it starting at 1500 rpm. It makes DD'ing easier.
The S65 though has more than enough torque after 3900 rpms and gives you climbing power all the way to redline and makes a racket doing it. I like the total experience. I'm sure the new car will be way more than enough for DD'ing and those who new to the M and didn't have an E92 M3 wont miss a thing.
MrPrena is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2014, 04:00 AM   #85
SOM3
Captain
 
SOM3's Avatar
 
Drives: SO F80
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Euro

Posts: 808
iTrader: (0)

As far as I'm concerned M4 bests C63 in every measurable category. To me it is a clear winner.

There is no need to further discuss that until new C63 can top it in any kind of race.
SOM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2014, 04:05 AM   #86
SOM3
Captain
 
SOM3's Avatar
 
Drives: SO F80
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Euro

Posts: 808
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3guy3 View Post
but i would rather have no torque than spending 70k on a car that sounds like a honda.
Just remember, this car that sounds like a Honda will beat you in any kind of race ON or OFF track. You'll have to submit to it any time you come across one. Even if you supercharge you E9X, you will get dusted by the new ///M at the track. Some things to consider.
SOM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2014, 11:51 AM   #87
M3guy3
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: May 2014
Location: CA

Posts: 323
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOM3 View Post
Just remember, this car that sounds like a Honda will beat you in any kind of race ON or OFF track. You'll have to submit to it any time you come across one. Even if you supercharge you E9X, you will get dusted by the new ///M at the track. Some things to consider.
The new gen beats the old gen. its something that as been going on since the beginning.

Its pretty simple. The i like the M4 i think it will sell. Its going to be a very fast and fun car. But i am not in love with the way it makes its power or how it sounds. So being someone who can afford new M cars. I will find something faster and better sound.

these M4 guys think that these E90 guys are just going to keep there are forever since they don't like the new car. its pretty funny.
M3guy3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2014, 12:24 PM   #88
Rupes
Captain
 
Rupes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 684
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3guy3 View Post
but i would rather have no torque than spending 70k on a car that sounds like a honda.
Just remember, this car that sounds like a Honda will beat you in any kind of race ON or OFF track. You'll have to submit to it any time you come across one. Even if you supercharge you E9X, you will get dusted by the new ///M at the track. Some things to consider.
What makes you think a stock M4 will outpace a supercharged e9x M3?
Rupes is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST