BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Race Precision Motorsport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-29-2007, 09:16 PM   #1
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,528
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Lights Package

I was just looking at the Gauge Cluster at night thread and noticed that the side of the doors insider were illuminated. The poster said it comes with the "lights package" here is the picture:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej View Post
Now this is the cool part..... this is a standard feature in the Ausi cars, pretty sure its an option in other parts of the world, but this is a b4 and after with the 'Lights Package' option:



Are these standard on all E90/92/93? Because i didnt see a lights package in the list of options for the M. Can anyone clear this up? I hope its standard because that is really sexy.
__________________
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 09:29 PM   #2
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
It isn't an option.
In the order list that was posted it specifically mentioned that the light package was standard.
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 09:42 PM   #3
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,528
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
so that means all cars will have this right?

Im guessing its " 563 ambient light package"

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=order
__________________
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 09:49 PM   #4
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2001 SS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burbs of Chicago

Posts: 489
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
so that means all cars will have this right?

Im guessing its " 563 ambient light package"

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=order
I sure am hoping! First thing I'm going to do, tint the windows and change those lights to blue.
ChitownM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 10:06 PM   #5
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,528
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownM3 View Post
I sure am hoping! First thing I'm going to do, tint the windows and change those lights to blue.
nice, im going with a red theme so those lights would be perfect!!
__________________
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 10:10 PM   #6
Pancho
Commander
 
Drives: BMW 530i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mexico

Posts: 222
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
nice, im going with a red theme so those lights would be perfect!!
Yep. The lights package with Fox Red interior makes a lot of sense.
Pancho is offline   Mexico
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 10:11 PM   #7
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2001 SS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burbs of Chicago

Posts: 489
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
nice, im going with a red theme so those lights would be perfect!!
Haha, and I plan on going with blue exterior and silver interior, so if I could change all the lights to blue it would be perfect. Hey pancho, could you take a pic of what the light package looks like on your car? It's kinda blurry in that pic.
ChitownM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 10:12 PM   #8
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
 
SlammedR8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,936
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
is this only on the m3?
SlammedR8 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 10:21 PM   #9
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,528
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed335 View Post
is this only on the m3?
I think its all e90/92/93

anyone with any of those models have this too?
__________________
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 10:28 PM   #10
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,548
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
White balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
I was just looking at the Gauge Cluster at night thread and noticed that the side of the doors insider were illuminated. The poster said it comes with the "lights package" here is the picture:

Are these standard on all E90/92/93? Because i didnt see a lights package in the list of options for the M. Can anyone clear this up? I hope its standard because that is really sexy.
I'm assuming your camera was nto balanced for incandescent light, so they are actually not as red as the photo?
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 10:29 PM   #11
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2001 SS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burbs of Chicago

Posts: 489
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
I'm assuming your camera was nto balanced for incandescent light, so they are actually not as red as the photo?
It's not his car, or picture...
ChitownM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 10:31 PM   #12
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,548
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownM3 View Post
It's not his car, or picture...
Sorry, speed reading! My guess is it's normal incandescent lighting and the photo came out very "warm" because the camera white balance was not set properly.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 11-29-2007 at 11:07 PM.
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 11:06 PM   #13
Pancho
Commander
 
Drives: BMW 530i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mexico

Posts: 222
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownM3 View Post
Haha, and I plan on going with blue exterior and silver interior, so if I could change all the lights to blue it would be perfect. Hey pancho, could you take a pic of what the light package looks like on your car? It's kinda blurry in that pic.
I tried ChitownM3 but my camera is not working properly. It looks very dark. But anyway, believe me it looks much better than any other interior colors.
Pancho is offline   Mexico
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2007, 12:04 AM   #14
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,528
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
I tried ChitownM3 but my camera is not working properly. It looks very dark. But anyway, believe me it looks much better than any other interior colors.
Is it on all the time? Im sure its def. not as red as that picture.
__________________
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2007, 12:50 AM   #15
Pancho
Commander
 
Drives: BMW 530i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mexico

Posts: 222
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
Is it on all the time? Im sure its def. not as red as that picture.
It is on all the time but it is not as bright as it appears on the picture. It is a pleasant dim light that makes the red shine.
Pancho is offline   Mexico
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2007, 12:55 AM   #16
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,528
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
It is on all the time but it is not as bright as it appears on the picture. It is a pleasant dim light that makes the red shine.
__________________
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2007, 09:23 AM   #17
328ZSP
Second Lieutenant
 
328ZSP's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 328i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Killeen TX, Fairfax VT

Posts: 275
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to 328ZSP Send a message via Yahoo to 328ZSP
the ambient lighting is standard on all e92's. my 328i has it. the brightness is in conjunction with the guage lighting. they can be really bright if you turn up the guages. i cant coment on the e90 because i havent seen it.
__________________
'07 328i E92 | Sparkling Graphite | Saddle Brown | Gray Poplar | ZSP | CA | Heated Seats | BMW Performance Exhaust | BMW performance SSK | Valentine1 |
European delivery - Military Sales
328ZSP is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2007, 02:06 PM   #18
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,528
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328ZSP View Post
the ambient lighting is standard on all e92's. my 328i has it. the brightness is in conjunction with the guage lighting. they can be really bright if you turn up the guages. i cant coment on the e90 because i havent seen it.
Thanks for the info, also do you have LED lights under your door handles that turn on when you unlock the car so it illuminates the ground? I hope those are standard too!
__________________
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #19
328ZSP
Second Lieutenant
 
328ZSP's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 328i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Killeen TX, Fairfax VT

Posts: 275
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to 328ZSP Send a message via Yahoo to 328ZSP
yes those are standard too. when you unlock the doors the dome lights come on, the door handle leds come on, the angel eyes in the headlights illuminate and the tail lights come on.
__________________
'07 328i E92 | Sparkling Graphite | Saddle Brown | Gray Poplar | ZSP | CA | Heated Seats | BMW Performance Exhaust | BMW performance SSK | Valentine1 |
European delivery - Military Sales
328ZSP is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2007, 07:14 PM   #20
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,528
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328ZSP View Post
yes those are standard too. when you unlock the doors the dome lights come on, the door handle leds come on, the angel eyes in the headlights illuminate and the tail lights come on.
awesome! Thanks for the info.
__________________
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST