BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

12-06-2007, 03:09 PM   #67
southlight
Moderator / European Editor

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhagat View Post
Very nice. If you get the Novillo without extended leather, is the door wrapped in something other than leather like the picture above?
Same thing I asked my dealer when picking it up...

I tried to get him to tell me what that extended leather actually was... He said that where you put your arm (the armrest in the door), wouldn't be in such a nice leather as the ones in the seat if I understood him correctly. Figured it was a weird answer... But didn't mind it.
Extended leather includes lower part of the dashboard (+glove box) and the sides of the center console. There's no difference referring to the door.

Best regards, south
      12-06-2007, 03:09 PM   #68
Champagne
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E92 M3 Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmtclimber View Post
when she is talking turn the volume knob on the stereo up. not sure if you can do it with the buttons on the wheel, but i know for a fact if you make her say something and while she is talking you turn up the volume on the stereo as if it was a song you'll be good to go....took me a while to figure it out in my 335i too!
Thanks, I'll try that (I tried madly with turning it up with steering wheel buttons). She talks just fine when I'm doing the voice command thing, it's just the navigation.

Also I'd like to mention that I've been having some slight problems with wheel spin now as it's night and the road is getting colder. Especially on the lower gears. Actually I wouldn't define it as problems at all, just been noticing some flashings on the dashboard, didn't feel it or anything, just flashes to notify.

I was also thinking is there anywhere to read all the available voice commands, like a PDF (I know I've seen it somewhere, just can't recall where I found it). I'm well aware of that it's in the manual, but I'm too lazy to go down to the garage :P

I would also like to ask other owners: Where in gods name do you put your manual!? IT JUST DOESN'T FIT in the glove department! I have it in the backseat now... And I usually find it on the floor haha.

Another question... The squeeeeeeek sounds from the brakes when "public-road" braking (braking nicely in other words), does it go away? It gets me really embarrassed when I have like 10 peoples turning there heads just to look at the car.
Champagne is offline   Sweden
      12-06-2007, 03:10 PM   #69
Champagne
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Extended leather includes lower part of the dashboard (+glove box) and the sides of the center console. There's no difference referring to the door.

Best regards, south
I'm almost certain that it does something with the door as well. Does it extend the trim maybe?
      12-06-2007, 03:14 PM   #70
Champagne
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
Looks great! And the silver doesn't show the winter dirt too badly (unlike my sapphire black 5er...)

I'm liking the carbon inserts. And I did NOT want to like the extended leather (thinking to save $$ here) so if yours is extended leather then I hope it's not too dramatically different from base.

Hmm, not great that you can hear that noise ....

I have extended leather.

The sound is actually quite cool, as long as it's suppose to sound like that if you get what I mean :P You can tell your friends who gets into it for the first time if they hear it "imagine the engine if only the transmission sounds as much". And you really have the engine to back that statement up as well. Turn down the windows and enjoy, haven't gone through a tunnel yet though, would really love that!

Thinking about recording a sound clip of it, anyone interesting in hearing it? And where would I post it?
      12-06-2007, 03:19 PM   #71
southlight

Quote:
Where in gods name do you put your manual!? IT JUST DOESN'T FIT in the glove department! I have it in the backseat now... And I usually find it on the floor haha.
It's meant to be in a storage at the right side of the trunk.

Quote:
I'm almost certain that it does something with the door as well. Does it extend the trim maybe?
I'm almost certain that not. Doesn't affect the trim, either.

Best regards, south
      12-06-2007, 03:22 PM   #72
ChitownM3
Lieutenant

Drives: 2001 SS Camaro

Quote:
It's meant to be in a storage at the right side of the trunk.

I'm almost certain that not. Doesn't affect the trim, either.

Best regards, south
South, I actually think you are incorrect here. I was led to believe that the leather on extended leather does ecompass part of the door....
      12-06-2007, 03:29 PM   #73
southlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownM3 View Post
South, I actually think you are incorrect here. I was led to believe that the leather on extended leather does ecompass part of the door....
That's what the aftersales information says:
"The "Novillo" type is also available in an
extended version. In the extended version, the
bottom of the dashboard and the side walls of
the centre console are also covered with
leather in a matching colour."

Only with speed cloth the door is also cloth.

Best regards, south
      12-06-2007, 03:36 PM   #74
Champagne
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
I second that...

Finally loaded up the energy to go and get the manual to learn some voice commands... and I realized a slight thing that's of my disliking:

First of all I should tell you that I realized that I want to adjust the headrest in case of someone driving into me in high speed from behind to reduced whiplash injuries, now... I'm quite tall 1,89 meters, so my headrest has to be high as well. It all works fine with the headrest, as long as you don't fold your seat forward to either get something from the backseat (I usually hang my coat behind the drivers seat) , or to let someone in. When your headrest is high, and you fold your seat forward, it might not go forward because the roof is in the way. It "collides" with the roof, no worries though! The roof is endure and no scratchings, marks or anything (neither on the headrest), just something you should be aware of if you slide to chair forward (after you've folded it) there's nothing like the windows that senses if something is in the way, it just keeps on sliding and sliding.

Be aware, but don't be afraid. And just now I realized I forgot to test how high the GPS lady can sing... Good, now I have another reason for another ride tonight

And thanks Southlight, now I know where to place the manual (which in my opinion was crap, I learned like 1-3 things in there)
      12-06-2007, 03:39 PM   #75
Ted
Private First Class

Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Nope South is correct, Extended Leather does not affect the door, only the lower dash and centre console. I have seen both.
Ted is offline   United Kingdom
      12-06-2007, 03:42 PM   #76
Big Windy
Major General

Drives: audi s4

Garage List
just out of curiosity, what is the model number of your winter rims?
Big Windy is offline   United_States
      12-06-2007, 03:50 PM   #77
southlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmtclimber View Post
just out of curiosity, what is the model number of your winter rims?
M Double spoke style 270

Best regards, south
      12-06-2007, 04:21 PM   #78
Champagne
Second Lieutenant

No idea of model number... It's the standard M 18" with friction tiers customized for the new M3 from continental I believe it was.
      12-06-2007, 04:30 PM   #79
southlight

Quote:
No idea of model number... It's the standard M 18" with friction tiers customized for the new M3 from continental I believe it was.
Don't want to disagree all the time, but they look like Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3.

Best regards, south
      12-06-2007, 07:04 PM   #80
gadget
Major

Drives: 09 e92///M SSII DCT

Quote:
I have extended leather.

Thinking about recording a sound clip of it, anyone interesting in hearing it? And where would I post it?
Congratulations.
Please post the sound clip, not sure how but I'm sure one of the mods can help.

Also, you should take some pics of the M3 next to your Dad's F430.
gadget is offline   United_States
      12-06-2007, 07:18 PM   #81
Pancho
Commander

Drives: BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Nothing's broken. I was kidding. My 325 makes the same noise. I asked about it when I took it in for my first service. They said that's normal and that is simply the engaging of some kind of meshing part within the transmission. I didn't buy that explanation, and then started listening around to hear other manual 3-series cars. They all seemed to make the same noise. I don't have an explanation for it myself. I doubt that it is something to worry about as long as it stops right after you shift. One should not be hearing anything of that nature from the transmission while the gear is engaged.
Agree completely with the explanation. That's the sound I hear. :sad0147:
Pancho is offline   Mexico
      12-06-2007, 08:19 PM   #82
Champagne
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget View Post
Congratulations.
Please post the sound clip, not sure how but I'm sure one of the mods can help.

Also, you should take some pics of the M3 next to your Dad's F430.
We currently own a Porsche 911 Turbo, I could arrange that though... Combined with a helicopter in our hangar ( the porsche is put away during these terrible winter times, fuck green peace and bring on the freaking global warming! ).

Regarding the transmission sounds, I've inquired my dealer through mail about it and should be getting a response in about 8 hours or less. They got their demonstration M3 in Sep. and currently have over 8 000 km on it and it supposedly should have been on a track ripping it up as well.
      12-06-2007, 08:32 PM   #83
Champagne
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Don't want to disagree all the time, but they look like Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3.

Best regards, south
This is what my dealer told me directly:

"När det gäller vinterhjul så har BMW tagit fram ett 18" hjul
friktion av märket Continental till nya M3 pris:25.000:-/4st."

Translated

"When it comes to winter tires, BMW has developed a set of 18" friction wheels of the brand Continental to the new M3 price:25.000:- (SEK) /4st."

In an earlier discussion about these tiers, he told me that they where developing tiers especially made for the M3 right here in Sweden (where they actually usually test winter tiers for winter conditions).

But just to be sure, I'll try to remember to check and take a picture of proof of the tiers whichever the outcome will be. :-)
      12-06-2007, 08:33 PM   #84
Champagne
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by leakybimmer View Post
true dat...global warming is over rated anyway
I sure hope it's not... I want the same climate that Spain has in Sweden... Wonderful, wouldn't it be!?

Just an interesting though... Isn't it funny how last year they claimed that "London had the hottest temperature in 15X (can't recall exactly) years".
That does actually mean that earth was actually hotter before all this "pollution" of cars.
      12-06-2007, 08:55 PM   #85
Champagne
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by leakybimmer View Post
I think I am moving to Sweden hot women and cold weather can't beat that
At least you get too see a lot of hard nipples Can't beat that? Imagine bikinis waking up the sandy shore from the cold water. ;-)
      12-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #86
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief

Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350

Garage List
Leather door panels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted View Post
Nope South is correct, Extended Leather does not affect the door, only the lower dash and centre console. I have seen both.
Synthetics are better for the door panel, which may be exposed to rain when open.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
      12-07-2007, 12:12 AM   #87
drvai
Major

Drives: E92 M3 AW

PLEASE MORE PHOTOS... AND SOUND....

(every angle!!) and more of the idrive and interior.
Here in the US we don't have it...

Congratulations for the new "baby". Enjoy it as much as you can and forget about the envy. With time you learn that you can't let this people spoil the fun (although you should be carefull with bandits!) Wonder how is that thing in Sweden.
But anyhow... It's so great to receive a new toy. I'm almost 30 and I still feel like a child regarding all this stuff (a child that can work and afford a expensive toy).
drvai is offline   United_States
      12-07-2007, 02:27 AM   #88
Big Windy
Major General

Drives: audi s4

Garage List
Quote:

Best regards, south
south, are you human? how do you know all of this? i'm beginning to think you are a cylon.
Big Windy is offline   United_States