BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-13-2014, 02:23 PM   #23
edwinm3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
22

 
edwinm3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 MELBOURNE RED M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Doral


Posts: 1,918
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apecush View Post
one of my front struts does not rebound on its own when compressed, though this indicates it is probably on it's way out.
Not necessarily, high perf struts are not checked that way. Part of it has to do with the resistance when compressing and obviously on rebound as well. Shock dyno gives you that
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #24
apecush
Lieutenant
5

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton


Posts: 446
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinm3 View Post
Not necessarily, high perf struts are not checked that way. Part of it has to do with the resistance when compressing and obviously on rebound as well. Shock dyno gives you that
True, I just assumed that both shocks would exhibit similar behaviour if they were in similar condition. Either way, things haven't gotten bouncy yet, so I'm still in the clear.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #25
MMM3PWR
E90 6MT MASTER
United_States
3

 
MMM3PWR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Poughkeepsie


Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
I'm at 139k miles and my stock EDC suspension still works like a swiss watch although I do have my eyes on the Bilstien replacements. No track days though.
Nice to see another high mile e90 m3, im at 140k Miles as well, can you send me the link for these bilstein parts you speak of, i think im gonna install them soon

__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 02:11 AM   #26
richardg
Major
33

 
richardg's Avatar
 
Drives: e36M / e92M / e36 328i
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bloomfield Hills Mi.


Posts: 1,329
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
I'm at 139k miles and my stock EDC suspension still works like a swiss watch although I do have my eyes on the Bilstien replacements. No track days though.
I thought I was high miles at 98. Have you done the bearings or no?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #27
swifty
Major
22

 
Drives: FO M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: canada


Posts: 1,280
iTrader: (5)

It's comforting to read that there are few high mileage cars being enjoyed in this forum. I just finished year 1, 15k (miles).
__________________
__________________
Past: '89 Cutlass, Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Sapphire Black e60 530, Space Grey 2008 e92 335, Mineral White 2011 e92 335

Current: FO e92 M3
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:24 AM   #28
phrozen06
NA V8
26

 
phrozen06's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 330ci, 08 M3 DCT, 08 VW R32
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 3927'33"N 7758'04"W W. Virgina, Kansas


Posts: 1,544
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM3PWR View Post
Nice to see another high mile e90 m3, im at 140k Miles as well, can you send me the link for these bilstein parts you speak of, i think im gonna install them soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardg View Post
I thought I was high miles at 98. Have you done the bearings or no?
I'm at 165k and I just changed my EDC Shocks (which still worked fine) for coilovers.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST