BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Lux Angel Eyes

04-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #23
Vic311
Banned

Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Nice color
Vic311 is offline   United_States
      04-28-2014, 09:01 PM   #24
Petros
Major

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophizee View Post
To be honest I'm surprised at so much negativity towards my decision . I wasn't trying to knock the m3, I just got an unreal deal on a car I always wanted bur to each there own
the problem is that while half the people here are car enthusiasts, the other half are snobs who only drive overpriced Euro cars to make up for their insecurities, and look down on any "Jap" car. Pay no attention to them. Good luck and enjoy that beast!
      04-29-2014, 07:10 AM   #25
BMW_Boy7
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2010 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophizee
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenzm3edan View Post
Congrats on the GTR bro! Some of you GTR haters need to crawl back in your hole, OP wasn't asking your opinion on the GTR.
To be honest I'm surprised at so much negativity towards my decision . I wasn't trying to knock the m3, I just got an unreal deal on a car I always wanted bur to each there own
I really like the looks of the car, even as a M owner and a overall enthusiast I wouldn't knock the GTR! Congrats on the Neesaann sir. All this GTR talk makes me wanna roll into the dealership n ask for a test drive.
      04-29-2014, 07:18 AM   #26
BMW_Boy7
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2010 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros
Quote:
the problem is that while half the people here are car enthusiasts, the other half are snobs who only drive overpriced Euro cars to make up for their insecurities, and look down on any "Jap" car. Pay no attention to them. Good luck and enjoy that beast!
I 100% agree jus for the image
      04-29-2014, 07:50 AM   #27
Topspeed
fast enough

Drives: E92 M3, GTR, 135i, Boxster S

Quote:
Great UPGRADE!

As long as you are happy with your decision, who really cares what some of these GT-R haters on these boards have to say. They will always have something to bitch about when it comes to the GT-R.

I love my GT-R, it's definitely a keeper.

Are you planning on doing some minor mods?
Topspeed is offline   South Africa
      04-29-2014, 08:49 AM   #28
Prophizee
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 GTR, 2014 x1 3.5 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspeed View Post
Great UPGRADE!

As long as you are happy with your decision, who really cares what some of these GT-R haters on these boards have to say. They will always have something to bitch about when it comes to the GT-R.

I love my GT-R, it's definitely a keeper.

Are you planning on doing some minor mods?
As of right now I am just enjoying the car as is but probably mid summer I'll get an exhaust and see what kind of tunes are out there. I haven't really researched after market for the car yet I am just glad I got a car I wanted since it was first announced.
Prophizee is offline   United_States
      04-29-2014, 09:37 AM   #29
Topspeed
fast enough

Drives: E92 M3, GTR, 135i, Boxster S

Even in stock form the 2012 GT-R is a monster. The vehicle is easily capable of low 11's at over 124 in the 1/4 mile. All you need is a Cobb accessport / Ecutek along with a mid pipe and you're good to go.

You can also change out the stock tires with Toyo R888's. They are awesome!

Enjoy!
Topspeed is offline   South Africa
      04-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #30
lenzm3edan
First Pride

Drives: E90, Mercedes C300, subi

Quote:
Be happy with you decision. The GTR was designed for performance and not luxury, while looks may not appeal to all, one can't mistaken the performance of this vehicle, especially when it's main competitor is 70K more in cost.

Last edited by lenzm3edan; 04-29-2014 at 02:15 PM.
      04-29-2014, 02:49 PM   #31
sunsweet
Captain

Drives: '13 ZCP ED+PCD Only Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
Most people on this forum like to talk about cars and can be passionate. Part of the fun is to sometimes respectfully disagree, exchange views and find out what others like. That's what the forum is about, if you don't like it, then get your behind to some un-moderated blogs where you can let your impulsive hate streak run ad-nauseum just because somebody posted that "the m3 feels more connected than the GT-R". Which incidentally most people will agree.
Keep behaving like a rogue who's first reflex is to throw an expletive at a person because you don't share their view on 2 cars and I'll be more than happy to send you off.
      04-29-2014, 03:11 PM   #32
UGADawgFan
Private First Class

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEY View Post
Masha Allah!
Looking good.
+1 I could tell as well!
      04-29-2014, 03:18 PM   #33
Groundpilot
Major

Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Send a message via ICQ to Groundpilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsweet View Post
Most people on this forum like to talk about cars and can be passionate. Part of the fun is to sometimes respectfully disagree, exchange views and find out what others like. That's what the forum is about, if you don't like it, then get your behind to some un-moderated blogs where you can let your impulsive hate streak run ad-nauseum just because somebody posted that "the m3 feels more connected than the GT-R". Which incidentally most people will agree.
Keep behaving like a rogue who's first reflex is to throw an expletive at a person because you don't share their view on 2 cars and I'll be more than happy to send you off.
Good post

David
Groundpilot is offline   United_States
      04-29-2014, 04:14 PM   #34
Petros
Major

Quote:
You won't send anyone off. You're a nobody. Just a punk with a big mouth on the internet. This isn't your private backyard and you don't have the ability to send anyone off you don't like. So zip it and get your own behind to whatever rathole you came from. I'm done wasting anymore time on your bullshit.

As for "hate" youre the one who hijacked the OP's thread to vent your own hate towards his car choices

Last edited by Petros; 04-29-2014 at 05:09 PM.
      04-29-2014, 07:10 PM   #35
Epoustouflant
Enlisted Member

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros
Quote:
You won't send anyone off. You're a nobody. Just a punk with a big mouth on the internet. This isn't your private backyard and you don't have the ability to send anyone off you don't like. So zip it and get your own behind to whatever rathole you came from. I'm done wasting anymore time on your bullshit.

As for "hate" youre the one who hijacked the OP's thread to vent your own hate towards his car choices
Been visiting this forum for years, not posting, yet every argumentative thread has you sitting alone on one side versus the whole forum.

Maybe you should rethink your involvement here?

Just a friendly advice.
      04-29-2014, 07:29 PM   #36
Petros
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoustouflant View Post
Been visiting this forum for years, not posting, yet every argumentative thread has you sitting alone on one side versus the whole forum.

Maybe you should rethink your involvement here?

Just a friendly advice.
I don't think one or two people with a loud voice equal the "whole forum". maybe you should not use so much hyperbole. And maybe people need to STOP HIJACKING THE OP'S THREAD! He doesn't give a shit about your opinions or your feedback. He already made the deal, signed the papers, and got the car. It's too late for that. Besides, I'm sure he already read the million different threads about M3 vs GTR and that no one here has anything new to say that he hasn't heard before. So why is it so hard for the douchebags to just say congrats, and move on. Or just not say anything at all?
      04-29-2014, 08:28 PM   #37
LarThaL
Colonel

Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
I don't think one or two people with a loud voice equal the "whole forum". maybe you should not use so much hyperbole. And maybe people need to STOP HIJACKING THE OP'S THREAD! He doesn't give a shit about your opinions or your feedback. He already made the deal, signed the papers, and got the car. It's too late for that. Besides, I'm sure he already read the million different threads about M3 vs GTR and that no one here has anything new to say that he hasn't heard before. So why is it so hard for the douchebags to just say congrats, and move on. Or just not say anything at all?
Why post on an M3 forum about one's M3 replacement? I have never done that sort of thing. Just seems odd to me. The OP should just go onto the GTR forums where he will be welcomed with open arms.

The biggest issue with a car like the GTR is that it's whole fundamental design objective is very far from that of a car like the M3. Hence there will be a good amount of M3 owners who have absolutely no desire for a GTR.

I am one of those. I would take a 370Z with about $30k in mods before a GTR....and I would still have over $30k left over.

04-29-2014, 08:50 PM   #38
Petros
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Why post on an M3 forum about one's M3 replacement? I have never done that sort of thing. Just seems odd to me. The OP should just go onto the GTR forums where he will be welcomed with open arms.

The biggest issue with a car like the GTR is that it's whole fundamental design objective is very far from that of a car like the M3. Hence there will be a good amount of M3 owners who have absolutely no desire for a GTR.

I am one of those. I would take a 370Z with about $30k in mods before a GTR....and I would still have over $30k left over.
People post such things all the time about their trading in an M3 for a Vette, or 911, or C63, or M5/M6, etc and they never stir a debate. It's only when someone buys a GT-R that all the haters come out of their holes to trash talk the seller and put him down. Seems like some M3 owners have such an inferiority complex regarding the GT-R specifically that they always feel the need to make excuses to justify driving an M3 instead of a GT-R.

A 370Z with $30k in mods? No I wouldn't take that over a GT-R. But I'll likely take that over a M3 though.
      04-29-2014, 10:46 PM   #39
Prophizee
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 GTR, 2014 x1 3.5 Msport

Thanks Petros for defending me. Secondly I never posted pics of my new car to start controversy just been posting here for three years and wanted to share my excitement with people on the forums. On a side note in the pass year the people on this forum have changed and not for the better. But to everyone thanks for all the compliments and critiques; I made the right decision for me and I am very happy.
Prophizee is offline   United_States
      04-30-2014, 12:23 AM   #40
NavidM3E92
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 11 E92 M3 ZCP

Congrats op.

Not surprised this turned into debate of M3 vs GTR again

I'm just waiting for the E92 vs F80 threads....
'11 E92 ///M3 ZCP AW- Sold
'06 E46 ///M3 ZCP JB- Sold
NavidM3E92 is offline   United_States
      04-30-2014, 01:12 AM   #41
Mthrice
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 e92M3 AW/BLK CF roof 6MT

Good choice

Take it out to the track and enjoy it! Just don't push the trans fluid over 248 degrees and you wont have to change it for 18k. If your heavy on the brakes, you may want to change out the rotors. Otherwise, their fine for gentle abuse. BTW aftermarket rotors are not only better, but cheaper than stock.

2008 M3 BRP 2:08.4 Big Willow 1:37.8 SOW 1:29.0 Chuckwalla CW 2:07.4 LS 1:46.7 ACS 2:00.0
2010 GT-R BRP 2:02.8 Big Willow 1:33.8 Chuckwalla CCW 2:02.5
      04-30-2014, 09:52 AM   #42
Clippers_FTW
Private

Drives: CTS-V

GTR was a heavy favorite when deciding to purchase my next vehicle. Unfortunately it only has 2 doors.
      04-30-2014, 11:24 AM   #43
Bart@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: '14 GT-R

Send a message via AIM to Bart@AUTOcouture
Congrats, I'm debating the same move.

15-01 Pollitt Drive #6 | Fair Lawn, NJ 07642 | P: 201.666.3500 | Bart@autocouturemotoring.com | Facebook | youTube
Bart@AUTOcouture is offline   United_States
      04-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #44
Groundpilot
Major

Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Send a message via ICQ to Groundpilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post

I am not a big fan of a GTR, but have you driven 350z?
I owned it for 3 years and i honestly think, that even if you put $30K in it, it will still be a POS.

David
Groundpilot is offline   United_States