BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Steve Thomas BMW

04-23-2014, 08:13 PM   #1
bigjae1976
Takes threads off topic...daily

Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Thumbs down Vorshlag Engine Mounts - Terrible

I got some poly engine mounts from Vorshlag 3 years ago for my 330 (these are the same mounts for the E36/46/9X) and they have been a headache.

Installed the red mounts, right mount broke within 3 months. Called Vorshlag about it and they claimed to have never seen a failure, must have over torqued. OK, new base plate and stud (special stud they order from Italy) ordered. My engine rebuilder installed, right side broke within a month. Dang...must have been over torqued. Ordered another base plate and stud. I went to the painstaking detail of torqueing the top and bottom nut. Right side broke again within 6 months.

I called Vorshlag...never seen a failure.

So I try and order some camber plates as well...back ordered. 2 months...nothing. Cancelled my order.

So I see these new upgraded base plates that just come out. I order them. 4 months later...no word. I call...I'm told that they have no ETA...they get them when they get them.

BTW...I was at the track checking out a guy's aluminum expansion tank setup. I look at the pass engine mount...the top nut is sitting on the engine mount. Yep, snapped off. It was a Vorshlag.

So I called Vorshlag to get an update. At this point, I'm pretty annoyed. SO I told them my story and the guy said they have never seen a failure. Then I pointed out the incident described above. I got, oh yeah...he just called and then I got attitude. Still no word.

Waited 2 more weeks, called, dealt with a pretty polite and helpful female that ACTUALLY RETURNED MY CALLS! But I still cancelled my order.

Vorshlag is a hot mess...I like their camber plates and would use them if they were ever in stock.

Engine mounts...stay away. This whole "never seen a failure" is total BS.

Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!
      06-22-2014, 11:30 PM   #2
MRSSIIM3
General

Drives: 2013 e92 M3

Anyone else have feedback on their mounts?
MRSSIIM3 is offline   United_States