BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia
 
Stick to Clutch
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-18-2014, 07:16 PM   #1
LSM3
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90 ///M3 & R36 Passat Touring
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Its Finally Happening...

Hi All,

I've been lurking these forums for a while and have been researching and searching E90 M3s for months. DAT_V8 noise and having four doors again has been plaguing my mind and i just couldn't take it anymore.

A customer at my mechanic (SouthernBM in Melbourne) put out the feelers and we made a deal, and i hopefully take delivery of my new E90 M3 next Tuesday.

I put my existing E46 M3 CS up for sale last week and sold her on Tuesday this week to a mature Queensland couple. I loved the way my Interlagos CS made me feel when i looked at it. I am looking forward to building a relationship with the new car, although the colour of the E90 is not one of my favourites (Silverstone II) - but i am sure i will come to love it over time, much like my first E46 M3 that was Pheonixgelb Metallic.

Have already started researching lips and diffusers - can anyone recommend some decent distributors of cosmetic products for E9X M3s? I was thinking of ordering some parts from European Auto Source (EAS)...

I will post pics of the E90 when i pick her up on Tuesday, in the mean time - here are a couple of my (now sold) CS.







LSM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2014, 07:54 PM   #2
nicebraces
///M
 
nicebraces's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 E93 M3/'14 Cayenne Turbo S
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: South Florida

Posts: 1,130
iTrader: (12)

BIG congrats!!! Personally, I recommend iND-Distribution pretty much for everything you need for your new beast ... Top-notch quality and unbeatable customer service!!

Ask for Andrew:
1 (866) 963-4520
info@ind-distribution.com
http://www.ind-distribution.com
nicebraces is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2014, 08:02 PM   #3
LSM3
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90 ///M3 & R36 Passat Touring
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicebraces
BIG congrats!!! Personally, I recommend iND-Distribution pretty much for everything you need for your new beast ... Top-notch quality and unbeatable customer service!!

Ask for Andrew:
1 (866) 963-4520
info@ind-distribution.com
http://<a href="http://www.ind-distr...bution.com</a>
Thanks! I was just looking at the iND site before i read your post. I was leaning towards the Arkym front and rear diffuser, but iND don't seem to stock those. They do, however, have some other nice examples so i'll have a closer look.
LSM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
CON G
Private
 
CON G's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E90 M3, 1995 E36 M3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Posts: 92
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1994 E36 M3 COUPE  [0.00]
2010 E90 M3  [0.00]
excellent colour choice
__________________


CON G is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #5
LSM3
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90 ///M3 & R36 Passat Touring
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Thanks!

I just did a VIN check to see what options my new car has. There is heaps of stuff that is optioned and i have no idea what some of it is...

Does anyone know what the option is called for Bluetooth audio? Is BMW ConnectedDrive an actual option name?

I can see that my car has the options "BMW Online" and "Expanded BMW Online Information"... I have no idea wut that is.
LSM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2014, 03:18 AM   #6
Rajvosa
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Perth

Posts: 263
iTrader: (0)

well done mate! i also didnt rate the silverstone colour until i saw couple in person! cant wait to see some pics
Rajvosa is online now  
+1
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2014, 03:19 AM   #7
netgun
Private
 
Drives: 08 E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne, Vic, Australia

Posts: 61
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM3 View Post
Thanks!

I just did a VIN check to see what options my new car has. There is heaps of stuff that is optioned and i have no idea what some of it is...

Does anyone know what the option is called for Bluetooth audio? Is BMW ConnectedDrive an actual option name?

I can see that my car has the options "BMW Online" and "Expanded BMW Online Information"... I have no idea wut that is.
Fancy seeing you over here What year model is it? Is there a 6VC in the option code list?

Last edited by netgun; 04-19-2014 at 03:25 AM.
netgun is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2014, 05:41 AM   #8
BMWPWR
Second Lieutenant
 
BMWPWR's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ///M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ///M

Posts: 219
iTrader: (0)

Congrats mate, you didn't happen to buy the supercharged silver e90 SBM are selling did you? Great car with some quality mods if it's the one I'm thinking of.
BMWPWR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2014, 06:59 AM   #9
Active
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMWM235i and 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SYDNEY

Posts: 148
iTrader: (0)

Congratulations!

I agree with NICEBRACES, IND Distributors is the go!
Active is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2014, 04:15 PM   #10
LSM3
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90 ///M3 & R36 Passat Touring
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by netgun
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM3 View Post
Thanks!

I just did a VIN check to see what options my new car has. There is heaps of stuff that is optioned and i have no idea what some of it is...

Does anyone know what the option is called for Bluetooth audio? Is BMW ConnectedDrive an actual option name?

I can see that my car has the options "BMW Online" and "Expanded BMW Online Information"... I have no idea wut that is.
Fancy seeing you over here What year model is it? Is there a 6VC in the option code list?
Sadly no 6VC code, albeit it does have upgraded hifi and usb audio and that'll do me just fine.

Adin - is your car Silverstone II?
LSM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2014, 04:16 PM   #11
LSM3
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90 ///M3 & R36 Passat Touring
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPWR
Congrats mate, you didn't happen to buy the supercharged silver e90 SBM are selling did you? Great car with some quality mods if it's the one I'm thinking of.
Thats the one - are you a customer there too?
LSM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2014, 08:04 PM   #12
Rajvosa
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Perth

Posts: 263
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM3 View Post
Sadly no 6VC code, albeit it does have upgraded hifi and usb audio and that'll do me just fine.

Adin - is your car Silverstone II?
no mate, mine is White. but couple of friends own a coupe and sedan. lovely colour in person. one has black CS wheels which looks great, the other silver CS wheels which also looks great haha. cant go wrong either way

so the one you bought is supercharged?!
Rajvosa is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2014, 08:06 PM   #13
Pierrot
New Member
 
Drives: x5 2013, Evo 9 2006
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sydney

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

Congrats LSM3 ! been looking at this particular SC M3 at SBM.
Just couldn't make my mind up quick enough and thought best to go for a "standard" M3 first (coming from an EVO9)
Now feel like I missed out hehe.
Please do share your first impressions/drives.
Pierrot is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2014, 08:14 PM   #14
LSM3
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90 ///M3 & R36 Passat Touring
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajvosa
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM3 View Post
Sadly no 6VC code, albeit it does have upgraded hifi and usb audio and that'll do me just fine.

Adin - is your car Silverstone II?
no mate, mine is White. but couple of friends own a coupe and sedan. lovely colour in person. one has black CS wheels which looks great, the other silver CS wheels which also looks great haha. cant go wrong either way

so the one you bought is supercharged?!
Ahh AW.... That was one of my preferred colours! Couldn't find one with M-Drive though.
LSM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2014, 08:17 PM   #15
Rajvosa
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Perth

Posts: 263
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM3 View Post
Ahh AW.... That was one of my preferred colours! Couldn't find one with M-Drive though.
this one just landed in my lap actually.
yeah i like white but honestly wouldnt care if it was any other colour...they are fantastic cars as you will find out very soon
Rajvosa is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #16
LSM3
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90 ///M3 & R36 Passat Touring
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierrot
Congrats LSM3 ! been looking at this particular SC M3 at SBM.
Just couldn't make my mind up quick enough and thought best to go for a "standard" M3 first (coming from an EVO9)
Now feel like I missed out hehe.
Please do share your first impressions/drives.
I used to have powerful cars, then took a step back in power to get into Euro cars. The E46 M was a great all rounder, but so underpowered in comparison to the cars coming out today. I want to keep the E90 for a while, therefore to counteract the next generation of M3 and C63 power, best to have a charged E90 x=]

Having said that, I would have been happy with a standard E90 M3. I've done BMW M-Dynamic days and i didn't think for a second that the E9X needed more power. Maybe i'd feel differently though if i was alongside a C63 that was pulling away from me...
LSM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2014, 08:26 PM   #17
LSM3
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90 ///M3 & R36 Passat Touring
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajvosa
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM3 View Post
Ahh AW.... That was one of my preferred colours! Couldn't find one with M-Drive though.
this one just landed in my lap actually.
yeah i like white but honestly wouldnt care if it was any other colour...they are fantastic cars as you will find out very soon
I've wanted one for years, however had to put off the purchase in favour of house build and kid etc.

I just cannot wait to hear dat V8 through the Akra on cold start in my garage.

How did yours fall in your lap? I must admit, i was sad when you sold your Estoril E46 M, but glad you're in an E92!
LSM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2014, 08:43 PM   #18
netgun
Private
 
Drives: 08 E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne, Vic, Australia

Posts: 61
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM3 View Post
I used to have powerful cars, then took a step back in power to get into Euro cars. The E46 M was a great all rounder, but so underpowered in comparison to the cars coming out today. I want to keep the E90 for a while, therefore to counteract the next generation of M3 and C63 power, best to have a charged E90 x=]

Having said that, I would have been happy with a standard E90 M3. I've done BMW M-Dynamic days and i didn't think for a second that the E9X needed more power. Maybe i'd feel differently though if i was alongside a C63 that was pulling away from me...
Oh my....you bought a blown one with an Akra Not a fan at all of Silverstone but I can understand why Jerez was off the menu (even though I happily own one).
netgun is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2014, 09:32 PM   #19
Rajvosa
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Perth

Posts: 263
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM3 View Post
I've wanted one for years, however had to put off the purchase in favour of house build and kid etc.

I just cannot wait to hear dat V8 through the Akra on cold start in my garage.

How did yours fall in your lap? I must admit, i was sad when you sold your Estoril E46 M, but glad you're in an E92!
I was waiting to do a PPI on another E46 M3 and at the same time for a call from a friend who works at BM dealership that they just traded in the E92....the rest is history haha...

To be honest wasn't impressed with the first drive. I think I had very high expectations and it didn't deliver first up. Probably as it's such a refined machine.
Just had the de cat and tune done and it's waken it up heaps! Also waiting to do Eibach springs and comp pack wheels.
Rajvosa is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-20-2014, 12:12 AM   #20
NBTBRV8
First Lieutenant
 
NBTBRV8's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche 997.2 GT3 & MG RV8
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Australia

Posts: 378
iTrader: (0)

How many kms were on the CS and what did you get for it. That is a very quick sale.
NBTBRV8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-20-2014, 12:53 AM   #21
LSM3
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90 ///M3 & R36 Passat Touring
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBTBRV8
How many kms were on the CS and what did you get for it. That is a very quick sale.
83,500km

And $enough =]

I sold my previous 2002 PY M3 within the same timeframe.

I get antsy if i don't sell my cars within 2 weeks of advertising!
LSM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-20-2014, 07:27 AM   #22
TWD
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: All sorts of Cars
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sydney

Posts: 1,029
iTrader: (0)

Looking forward to seeing the next toy!

Silverstone is much better in person (especially over black leather) I like it!
__________________
TWD is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST