BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Midwest / Rockies
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-17-2014, 10:48 AM   #1
enthused
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Exclamation SOS - Best Detailer in Denver Area

Greetings Fellow M3 Aficionados,

I just moved to Denver a few weeks ago and I'm in need of some direction. I had to leave town for a couple of weeks before my loft was ready for move-in and parked my black E92 M3 at my sister's home while I was away. During this time her house was egged and so was my car...

I wasn't able to return so I did all that I could and got the only mobile detailer I could find to go by her house to expunge the egg & grime before it did permanent damage. In the process, I believe the detailer induced some nasty scratches trying to rub the egg out. I've always detailed the car myself and taken great care to keep the paint in excellent condition; I'll be needing some help from a master in this situation.

All that to say... Can a brotha help anotha out and point me in the direction of a great detail shop in the Denver area? I'll be filing a comprehensive claim through my insurance with the police report this week. Murray BMW recommends Finish Line, but I've heard mixed reviews on them.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Cheers,
Sean
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 08:07 PM   #2
baliano
Private First Class
baliano's Avatar
1
Rep
172
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado Springs

iTrader: (1)

Sorry to hear about your car! I am rather fanatical about detailing my car and there are only two detail companies I would trust. 1. Aloha Detail. If you use Aloha I would highly recommend only letting the owner, Kerwin, detail your car. He does very good work and has experience with exotics and has a fairly high end clientele. He has detailed my company car and did a great job. 2. The Man Cave. This company has won the 'Best Detail in Denver" two years running. I spoke with the owner, Michael, this weekend at the Denver Auto Show and he knows his stuff. One other suggestion is 'The Intrigue Detail", but I heard that the ownership has turned over so I can't personally vouch for their work.
Be prepared to pay tho...a good 3/4 step detail isn't cheap (nor should it be) You can always do it yourself...I know a few forum members who I would let detail my car who are WAY better than most shops due to the OCD nature of a ///M owner.
Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.
__________________
E92 Alpine 6MT/Premium/Tech/Cold Weather/Enhanced Sound/Extended Leather
Eisenmann Race Black Series/Dinan/Active Autowerke/ Morr VS52/H&R/Arkym Front lip/Arkym Rear diffuser/Blacked out exterior trim/Custom Mirror's/ Performance CF spoiler/Huper Optik 20%/Lux H8/

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #3
bluesm3
Private
2
Rep
62
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: west

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baliano View Post
Sorry to hear about your car! I am rather fanatical about detailing my car and there are only two detail companies I would trust. 1. Aloha Detail. If you use Aloha I would highly recommend only letting the owner, Kerwin, detail your car. He does very good work and has experience with exotics and has a fairly high end clientele. He has detailed my company car and did a great job. 2. The Man Cave. This company has won the 'Best Detail in Denver" two years running. I spoke with the owner, Michael, this weekend at the Denver Auto Show and he knows his stuff. One other suggestion is 'The Intrigue Detail", but I heard that the ownership has turned over so I can't personally vouch for their work.
Be prepared to pay tho...a good 3/4 step detail isn't cheap (nor should it be) You can always do it yourself...I know a few forum members who I would let detail my car who are WAY better than most shops due to the OCD nature of a ///M owner.
Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.
Just curious what man cave location did you take you car to.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 10:18 PM   #4
baliano
Private First Class
baliano's Avatar
1
Rep
172
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado Springs

iTrader: (1)

I've never taken my car to either location. I just based my recommendation off of the paint work I've seen and the conversation I had with the owner. I don't have a personal experience with them.
__________________
E92 Alpine 6MT/Premium/Tech/Cold Weather/Enhanced Sound/Extended Leather
Eisenmann Race Black Series/Dinan/Active Autowerke/ Morr VS52/H&R/Arkym Front lip/Arkym Rear diffuser/Blacked out exterior trim/Custom Mirror's/ Performance CF spoiler/Huper Optik 20%/Lux H8/

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 11:26 AM   #5
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
dnvrdrvr's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
799
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Carbon X5M
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesm3 View Post
Just curious what man cave location did you take you car to.
I'll be dropping my E90 off at the Centennial Man Cave for a 3-stage polish to correct mag chloride damage first weekend in May. I'm happy to report back, but I suspect you're looking for something more immediate.
__________________
Just a girl and her 550 ponies...
www.mw3motorsports.com
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 02:08 PM   #6
bluesm3
Private
2
Rep
62
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: west

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrdrvr View Post
I'll be dropping my E90 off at the Centennial Man Cave for a 3-stage polish to correct mag chloride damage first weekend in May. I'm happy to report back, but I suspect you're looking for something more immediate.
thanks,I was just curious because I went to the westminster man cave a few months back and did'nt really like the work that I saw.maybe it was just that day or the person doing the detailing..thank you, I'll go and check out the centennial location sometime.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST