BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Midwest / Rockies

04-17-2014, 10:48 AM   #1
enthused
Registered
Rep

Drives: 08 E92 M3

Exclamation SOS - Best Detailer in Denver Area

Greetings Fellow M3 Aficionados,

I just moved to Denver a few weeks ago and I'm in need of some direction. I had to leave town for a couple of weeks before my loft was ready for move-in and parked my black E92 M3 at my sister's home while I was away. During this time her house was egged and so was my car...

I wasn't able to return so I did all that I could and got the only mobile detailer I could find to go by her house to expunge the egg & grime before it did permanent damage. In the process, I believe the detailer induced some nasty scratches trying to rub the egg out. I've always detailed the car myself and taken great care to keep the paint in excellent condition; I'll be needing some help from a master in this situation.

All that to say... Can a brotha help anotha out and point me in the direction of a great detail shop in the Denver area? I'll be filing a comprehensive claim through my insurance with the police report this week. Murray BMW recommends Finish Line, but I've heard mixed reviews on them.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Cheers,
Sean
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 08:07 PM   #2
baliano
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: M3

Sorry to hear about your car! I am rather fanatical about detailing my car and there are only two detail companies I would trust. 1. Aloha Detail. If you use Aloha I would highly recommend only letting the owner, Kerwin, detail your car. He does very good work and has experience with exotics and has a fairly high end clientele. He has detailed my company car and did a great job. 2. The Man Cave. This company has won the 'Best Detail in Denver" two years running. I spoke with the owner, Michael, this weekend at the Denver Auto Show and he knows his stuff. One other suggestion is 'The Intrigue Detail", but I heard that the ownership has turned over so I can't personally vouch for their work.
Be prepared to pay tho...a good 3/4 step detail isn't cheap (nor should it be) You can always do it yourself...I know a few forum members who I would let detail my car who are WAY better than most shops due to the OCD nature of a ///M owner.
Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #3
bluesm3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by baliano View Post
Sorry to hear about your car! I am rather fanatical about detailing my car and there are only two detail companies I would trust. 1. Aloha Detail. If you use Aloha I would highly recommend only letting the owner, Kerwin, detail your car. He does very good work and has experience with exotics and has a fairly high end clientele. He has detailed my company car and did a great job. 2. The Man Cave. This company has won the 'Best Detail in Denver" two years running. I spoke with the owner, Michael, this weekend at the Denver Auto Show and he knows his stuff. One other suggestion is 'The Intrigue Detail", but I heard that the ownership has turned over so I can't personally vouch for their work.
Be prepared to pay tho...a good 3/4 step detail isn't cheap (nor should it be) You can always do it yourself...I know a few forum members who I would let detail my car who are WAY better than most shops due to the OCD nature of a ///M owner.
Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.
Just curious what man cave location did you take you car to.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 10:18 PM   #4
baliano
Private First Class
Rep

I've never taken my car to either location. I just based my recommendation off of the paint work I've seen and the conversation I had with the owner. I don't have a personal experience with them.

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 11:26 AM   #5
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 Carbon X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesm3 View Post
Just curious what man cave location did you take you car to.
I'll be dropping my E90 off at the Centennial Man Cave for a 3-stage polish to correct mag chloride damage first weekend in May. I'm happy to report back, but I suspect you're looking for something more immediate.
      04-18-2014, 02:08 PM   #6
bluesm3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrdrvr View Post
I'll be dropping my E90 off at the Centennial Man Cave for a 3-stage polish to correct mag chloride damage first weekend in May. I'm happy to report back, but I suspect you're looking for something more immediate.
thanks,I was just curious because I went to the westminster man cave a few months back and did'nt really like the work that I saw.maybe it was just that day or the person doing the detailing..thank you, I'll go and check out the centennial location sometime.
Appreciate 0