BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-11-2014, 08:36 PM   #67
NAV8TT
Major
 
NAV8TT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The greatest country in the world

Posts: 841
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krockit1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
McLaren MP4/4



[IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...ikel/mp4-4.jpg[/IMG]


Real racing.


So incredible and no paddles! If you haven't seen the docu on his life you can find it on Netflix. "Senna". A must see for any racing fan. Karts to NASCAR to F1. A must! No one has been able to take a car to the edge like him. Ever.

For me, an original GT40. The dream car of my youth. Hell we are all still kids here, right?
Just watched this today. Amazing movie. Amazing driver. Unfortunate guy but a legend who will be remembered forever.
__________________
NAV8TT is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2014, 03:23 PM   #68
Clippers_FTW
Private
 
Drives: CTS-V
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaumont, CA

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)



1350 hp.... yes please..

2014 SSC Tuatara
Clippers_FTW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2014, 03:28 PM   #69
Clippers_FTW
Private
 
Drives: CTS-V
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaumont, CA

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

My obtainable dream car is a 1990 Ferrari Testarossa or 1968 chevy camaro ss (dad owns 2)...
Clippers_FTW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2014, 03:34 PM   #70
Clippers_FTW
Private
 
Drives: CTS-V
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaumont, CA

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)



this for zombie Apocalypse .... video wouldnt download for me to share

GURKHA
Clippers_FTW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2014, 02:10 PM   #71
W///
Brigadier General
 
W///'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

Posts: 4,445
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
What happened to the 997 Turbo?? Mine is the P1 but i'll probably have to settle for a 650s
Been talking to a few Turbo owners. Quite a few of them said they should have gone for the GT3 (as a weekend car). Oh and the sound of the S65 has raised my standards a little bit too haha.
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Eisenmann | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
W/// is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2014, 06:52 PM   #72
LarThaL
Colonel
 
LarThaL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: West Springfield, MA

Posts: 2,495
iTrader: (0)

Some of this also depends on how you define a dream car. For me, a car that is completely out of my reality is not something I ever dream about. I look at it, say "that's nice" and move on. In that sense, I don't have a dream car that I'll never get, because if there is no chance that I will ever get it, I don't think about it.

The type of car I dream about is the type of car that may someday be within my realm of affordability, albeit at the top end. It is something to strive, save, and plan for. A 911 turbo S, R8, or used Gallardo, 430 Spyder, or Aston DBS are dream cars for me because they all fall within the top end of what I can realistically think about actually owning.
__________________
Precision tool: 2011 BMW ///M3
Sledgehammer: 2014 Audi S6

LarThaL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #73
NAV8TT
Major
 
NAV8TT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The greatest country in the world

Posts: 841
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL
Some of this also depends on how you define a dream car. For me, a car that is completely out of my reality is not something I ever dream about. I look at it, say "that's nice" and move on. In that sense, I don't have a dream car that I'll never get, because if there is no chance that I will ever get it, I don't think about it.

The type of car I dream about is the type of car that may someday be within my realm of affordability, albeit at the top end. It is something to strive, save, and plan for. A 911 turbo S, R8, or used Gallardo, 430 Spyder, or Aston DBS are dream cars for me because they all fall within the top end of what I can realistically think about actually owning.
__________________
NAV8TT is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2014, 08:30 PM   #74
ToothDoc
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 997.2 TTS, IS-F, X5M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicagoland

Posts: 228
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Some of this also depends on how you define a dream car. For me, a car that is completely out of my reality is not something I ever dream about. I look at it, say "that's nice" and move on. In that sense, I don't have a dream car that I'll never get, because if there is no chance that I will ever get it, I don't think about it.

The type of car I dream about is the type of car that may someday be within my realm of affordability, albeit at the top end. It is something to strive, save, and plan for. A 911 turbo S, R8, or used Gallardo, 430 Spyder, or Aston DBS are dream cars for me because they all fall within the top end of what I can realistically think about actually owning.
Funny you say this because with the exception of the Aston DBS, I looked into all of those cars and ended up with my dream car the Turbo S. Now, the problem is once you achieve your "dream car", you go looking up the next rung on the ladder and now I'm looking at MP4-12C, LF-A, 458 Spyder, Aventador. Of those, I think I personally like the Nurb. ed. LF-A - I think it's the most special... but the 450K sticker is pushing me away. BUT, if I ever achieve that, then I suppose the next rung is going to be the 918, P1, etc. There seems to be no end!
ToothDoc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2014, 08:39 PM   #75
iron_man
do you even lift?
 
iron_man's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: new orleans

Posts: 224
iTrader: (0)

Is it bad that i can see myself in the future owning whatever car I want. I'm 25 so I'm young, but I don't know about you guys but I have goals to build an empire. So the P1 people post, or agera r, one day I truly believe I will be in a financial position to buy a car of that caliber. But since we are posting I would love to own one of these:
__________________
08 E92 M3 l Jet Black l C/F roof l 6speed l Technology Package l Megan Racing axleback
iron_man is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2014, 07:11 AM   #76
NAV8TT
Major
 
NAV8TT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The greatest country in the world

Posts: 841
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL
Some of this also depends on how you define a dream car. For me, a car that is completely out of my reality is not something I ever dream about. I look at it, say "that's nice" and move on. In that sense, I don't have a dream car that I'll never get, because if there is no chance that I will ever get it, I don't think about it.

The type of car I dream about is the type of car that may someday be within my realm of affordability, albeit at the top end. It is something to strive, save, and plan for. A 911 turbo S, R8, or used Gallardo, 430 Spyder, or Aston DBS are dream cars for me because they all fall within the top end of what I can realistically think about actually owning.
Dealer in town has a used gallardo for 137k
__________________
NAV8TT is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #77
paddy335
Captain
 
Drives: 335i Touring; X5 40d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Zealand

Posts: 979
iTrader: (0)

Ferrari F40
Ferrari 330GTC
Lamborghini Islero
Jaguar Group C car
BMW Group A E30 M3
Plymouth Super Bird
Bentley S2 Fastback

This (depressing) list could get very long very fast.
paddy335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2014, 08:51 PM   #78
bmw-nj
Captain
 
bmw-nj's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 BMW 335 xdrive M sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hillsborough, NJ

Posts: 630
iTrader: (1)

Would love a LP720 but that is very unrealistic. Even if I had the money I probably wouldn't buy it.

Dream car that's possible and I would buy when and if feasible is a new GT3.

Perfect weekend car with track capabilities.
bmw-nj is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2014, 11:42 PM   #79
ChrisF
Private First Class
 
ChrisF's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP, '10 997.2 GT3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Marin

Posts: 137
iTrader: (0)

F40
Ferrari Daytona Coupe
Lamborghini Muira S
CGT
ChrisF is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2014, 08:21 AM   #80
MerchantSailor03
Im on a Boat!
 
MerchantSailor03's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Trumbull, CT

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Noble M600
Yes please
__________________
Eisenmann Race w/conn pipes, AFE filter & scoops, TMS pedals, M performance steering wheel, black gloss kidney grills w/ M striping, carbon fiber side gills, painted reflectors....
MerchantSailor03 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2014, 08:25 AM   #81
03///m3
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007

Posts: 272
iTrader: (1)

993 GT2
03///m3 is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2014, 09:24 AM   #82
CSanto
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York

Posts: 1,792
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Some of this also depends on how you define a dream car. For me, a car that is completely out of my reality is not something I ever dream about. I look at it, say "that's nice" and move on. In that sense, I don't have a dream car that I'll never get, because if there is no chance that I will ever get it, I don't think about it.

The type of car I dream about is the type of car that may someday be within my realm of affordability, albeit at the top end. It is something to strive, save, and plan for. A 911 turbo S, R8, or used Gallardo, 430 Spyder, or Aston DBS are dream cars for me because they all fall within the top end of what I can realistically think about actually owning.
I like this interpretation.

In this sense my Dream Car is a 458 Speciale.
CSanto is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2014, 09:27 AM   #83
sgrinavi
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 M3 & 2013 328i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SW FL

Posts: 161
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 328i  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I don't know that I would ever buy a really expensive sports car even if I had the money to burn - Possibly the 918, but probably not - Probably would end-up driving the high end R8 or a GT3.

No offense to anyone, but every time I see someone get out of a high end / super car on the street it's some fat, rich, jack-ass that's showing off his money. I don't want to be that guy.
sgrinavi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2014, 12:21 PM   #84
vegaseric
Enlisted Member
 
vegaseric's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3, G35 Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Jaguar D-Type



Or a 959...

vegaseric is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2014, 06:37 PM   #85
LarThaL
Colonel
 
LarThaL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: West Springfield, MA

Posts: 2,495
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrinavi View Post
I don't know that I would ever buy a really expensive sports car even if I had the money to burn - Possibly the 918, but probably not - Probably would end-up driving the high end R8 or a GT3.

No offense to anyone, but every time I see someone get out of a high end / super car on the street it's some fat, rich, jack-ass that's showing off his money. I don't want to be that guy.
Depending on where you live, even an R8 or GT3 can give that impression, even if that is not who you are. The wealthiest car meccas in the US are in SoFlo and SoCal. There is also a big pocket of wealth surrounding NYC. Outside of these areas, however, the money drops off fast, and the money spent on cars drops off faster. Sure there are the major metropolitan hubs where you will find small pockets of high end cars....Boston, Chicago, Houston, SF bay area, but for most of the country, even an M3 is high end. Where I live, I even feel a little self-conscious driving around in my M3 or S6.
__________________
Precision tool: 2011 BMW ///M3
Sledgehammer: 2014 Audi S6

LarThaL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2014, 06:59 PM   #86
INNOVATE_1
EL MERO MERO
 
INNOVATE_1's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Catalina Wine Mixer

Posts: 702
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Some of this also depends on how you define a dream car. For me, a car that is completely out of my reality is not something I ever dream about. I look at it, say "that's nice" and move on. In that sense, I don't have a dream car that I'll never get, because if there is no chance that I will ever get it, I don't think about it.

The type of car I dream about is the type of car that may someday be within my realm of affordability, albeit at the top end. It is something to strive, save, and plan for. A 911 turbo S, R8, or used Gallardo, 430 Spyder, or Aston DBS are dream cars for me because they all fall within the top end of what I can realistically think about actually owning.
This man gets it.

__________________
| EVOLVE TUNED VT2-6XX ITW | GTS DCT | VAC | ARP | ARKYM | RPI | KW | HANKOOK | MODECARBON | IND | AUTOCOUTURE | APEX | ONEIGHTY | RECARO |AUTOTECKNIC | MFEST | VORSTEINER | RENN | BMWP |
INNOVATE_1 is offline   Mexico
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2014, 10:54 PM   #87
M3 Pilot
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 13' E92 M3 Comp Pack
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia

Posts: 353
iTrader: (0)

It depends on life's priorities.

I'm quite happy to have a 997/991 GT3 RS, 458 or Aventador but I don't foresee I will ever purchasing it brand new. Although it is within reach, it would not be financially prudent for me to do so.

If my networth was north of $10 Million I would still consider a near new 2nd hand in cash.

Aventador/458 sells for $1.03 million USD here and in the first year of ownership, you will be looking to wipe out about $240K USD in depreciation alone.

$240k USD gets you about 3 M3s different colours or bodyshape.
M3 Pilot is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2014, 08:58 AM   #88
sgrinavi
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 M3 & 2013 328i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SW FL

Posts: 161
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 328i  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Depending on where you live, even an R8 or GT3 can give that impression, even if that is not who you are. The wealthiest car meccas in the US are in SoFlo and SoCal. There is also a big pocket of wealth surrounding NYC. Outside of these areas, however, the money drops off fast, and the money spent on cars drops off faster. Sure there are the major metropolitan hubs where you will find small pockets of high end cars....Boston, Chicago, Houston, SF bay area, but for most of the country, even an M3 is high end. Where I live, I even feel a little self-conscious driving around in my M3 or S6.
Sure, except your average bear can't tell a GT3 from a plain vanilla 911 or an M3 from a 328 coupe. I even had a guy try to tell me that an R8 was the same car as a TT....

But everyone knows that a Ferrari or a Lambo is over-the-top, insane money to buy and maintain.
sgrinavi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST