BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-21-2007, 12:24 AM   #1
hl0m4n
Brigadier General
hl0m4n's Avatar
United_States
380
Rep
4,861
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NY

iTrader: (42)

Post Help On Fashion Desigerns For Moms :)

my moms b-day comming up and i want to get her something special. to my understanding and asking around i came up with

coach<gucci<louis vutton<christian diore<prada?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2007, 12:38 AM   #2
nmulax
Brigadier General
nmulax's Avatar
United_States
68
Rep
4,324
Posts

 
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Metro-Detroit

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [3.83]
umm... a designer label isn't going to make the gift special.

First off, if you do want to go this route, what stuff does she like?
Most women prefer one label to another. My ex loves Prada, but thinks Gucci and LV are tacky and ugly. Don't assume she'll like it, just because it's expensive.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2007, 12:54 AM   #3
truong321
Second Lieutenant
truong321's Avatar
7
Rep
270
Posts

 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

louis vuitton lost some of its prestige because of the customer that buys their products so i'd say gucci> louis vuitton

go w/dior or cavalli or dg
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2007, 12:58 AM   #4
nine4surfah
Captain
nine4surfah's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
790
Posts

 
Drives: 325i Electric Red
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ighlight=pradaprada......
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2007, 02:04 AM   #5
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
63
Rep
4,250
Posts

 
Drives: E70 X5
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NOR*CAL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
umm... a designer label isn't going to make the gift special.

First off, if you do want to go this route, what stuff does she like?
Most women prefer one label to another. My ex loves Prada, but thinks Gucci and LV are tacky and ugly. Don't assume she'll like it, just because it's expensive.
+1
__________________
2010 E92 BSM 335i | M-Sport | ST Coils | Linea Corse Lemans | Cobb AP | BMS DCI | Cyba Tips
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2007, 02:44 PM   #6
hl0m4n
Brigadier General
hl0m4n's Avatar
United_States
380
Rep
4,861
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NY

iTrader: (42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by truong321 View Post
louis vuitton lost some of its prestige because of the customer that buys their products so i'd say gucci> louis vuitton

go w/dior or cavalli or dg
what is dg? im not seeking out the most expensive. just something new from her collection i guess. main color in her colection is black. so i want to get her something different like the louis i see its white with the diamond colored shapes or gucci has a tan one. something different besides the typical she has.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2007, 02:50 PM   #7
JOSG328I
First Lieutenant
JOSG328I's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
377
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 328I Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Huntington Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 328I  [0.00]
DG is Dolce & Gabbana.

Chanel are sweet but pricey I would definitely check out Coach if you are looking for some different styles & colors that are a little bit less expensive.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2007, 02:54 PM   #8
hl0m4n
Brigadier General
hl0m4n's Avatar
United_States
380
Rep
4,861
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NY

iTrader: (42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSG328I View Post
DG is Dolce & Gabbana.

Chanel are sweet but pricey I would definitely check out Coach if you are looking for some different styles & colors that are a little bit less expensive.
moms collection is mainly coach. sorry i didn't mention. that is the reason i want to get her something new.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 12:37 AM   #9
truong321
Second Lieutenant
truong321's Avatar
7
Rep
270
Posts

 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

coach <<<<<<<<<<<< louis vuitton
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 01:57 AM   #10
fobunited
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i, 2011 550i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Folsom

iTrader: (1)

coach<gucci<louis vutton<christian diore<prada

Coach is garbage and is machine made. They are trendy, but people who buy high end purses ORIGINALLY didn't buy them because they were trendy.

Gucci has been stagnant lately and their designs haven't changed much. They're still soaking up what's left of Tom Ford.

LV has definitely lost its glamour. Their high-end purses beginning in the 4k+ range are still rather exclusive, but everything else has been copied and is everywhere. They've become brand whores and put their logo on everything, knowing that people will buy.

Christian Dior is classic. GENERALLY speaking doesn't shout its brand out as much as LV, and their mainline designs are timeless. Depending on your flair for fashion, they may be too conservative.

Prada has lost much of its edge. They used to push the envelope quite a bit with their cut, but now everything generally looks the same.

Are you looking to buy a purse, shoes, clothes, gift certificate, etc.? Have you looked at Bottega? or Christian Louboutin?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 02:14 AM   #11
hl0m4n
Brigadier General
hl0m4n's Avatar
United_States
380
Rep
4,861
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NY

iTrader: (42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobunited View Post
coach<gucci<louis vutton<christian diore<prada

Coach is garbage and is machine made. They are trendy, but people who buy high end purses ORIGINALLY didn't buy them because they were trendy.

Gucci has been stagnant lately and their designs haven't changed much. They're still soaking up what's left of Tom Ford.

LV has definitely lost its glamour. Their high-end purses beginning in the 4k+ range are still rather exclusive, but everything else has been copied and is everywhere. They've become brand whores and put their logo on everything, knowing that people will buy.

Christian Dior is classic. GENERALLY speaking doesn't shout its brand out as much as LV, and their mainline designs are timeless. Depending on your flair for fashion, they may be too conservative.

Prada has lost much of its edge. They used to push the envelope quite a bit with their cut, but now everything generally looks the same.

Are you looking to buy a purse, shoes, clothes, gift certificate, etc.? Have you looked at Bottega? or Christian Louboutin?
wow thanks for info. i never even heard of the two you speak of. mainly a purse or if i can't find the right thing for her ill settle for a gift certificate.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 02:17 AM   #12
fobunited
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i, 2011 550i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Folsom

iTrader: (1)

Bottega mainly does purses although they've started to branch out into men's and women's fashion. Their namesake, however, is that they don't put their name where it's visible, therefore establishing themselves as a brand that doesn't cater to label-whores. Their leather is top notch.

Christian Louboutin is a designer specially known for his shoes. If your mom wants shoes that are comfortable and she suffers from sore feet, she should take a look at Taryn Rose as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 03:30 AM   #13
truong321
Second Lieutenant
truong321's Avatar
7
Rep
270
Posts

 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobunited View Post
Bottega mainly does purses although they've started to branch out into men's and women's fashion. Their namesake, however, is that they don't put their name where it's visible, therefore establishing themselves as a brand that doesn't cater to label-whores. Their leather is top notch.

Christian Louboutin is a designer specially known for his shoes. If your mom wants shoes that are comfortable and she suffers from sore feet, she should take a look at Taryn Rose as well.


how do you know all this?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 11:50 AM   #14
fobunited
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i, 2011 550i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Folsom

iTrader: (1)

I have a mom and a sister, and boy do they shop!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 06:04 PM   #15
truong321
Second Lieutenant
truong321's Avatar
7
Rep
270
Posts

 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

i guess you do too nothing wrong with that.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 06:21 PM   #16
GAM3OVR85
Major General
GAM3OVR85's Avatar
Kuwait
95
Rep
8,059
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, QC

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
coach<gucci<louis vutton<christian diore<prada < BMW
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST