BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-29-2014, 09:53 AM   #1
ahsanh
Private
0
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

10W60 in Montreal Area

In Montreal today and the car needs oil top up. Anyone know of a place that would be open on Saturday/anyone in the Montreal area have a spare bottle lying around?

Thanks,

Ahsan
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
CASM3
Private
1
Rep
72
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (2)

I have a few spare bottles lying around if you haven't found any yet (Laval area).

Most dealers are closed on weekends in Montreal.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 03:08 PM   #3
jhbrennan
Private First Class
1
Rep
153
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Austin

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsanh View Post
In Montreal today and the car needs oil top up. Anyone know of a place that would be open on Saturday/anyone in the Montreal area have a spare bottle lying around?

Thanks,

Ahsan
Are you getting an add oil message or is it just showing below max? If showing below max, no need to "top off".
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 03:56 PM   #4
Jaypod
Brigadier General
Jaypod's Avatar
No_Country
64
Rep
4,962
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Rookie mistake Ahsan, how many times have I told you to leave a spare in the trunk....
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 06:16 PM   #5
ahsanh
Private
0
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbrennan View Post
Are you getting an add oil message or is it just showing below max? If showing below max, no need to "top off".
Add oil. It was half way between min and max when I left toronto so figured i'd be fine, got to min about 150Km out of montreal. Going to try and link up with CASM3, but if not, I picked up a litre of 5w50 from CT that should suffice for the drive back and then oil change when back in to.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 06:21 PM   #6
ahsanh
Private
0
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Rookie mistake Ahsan, how many times have I told you to leave a spare in the trunk....
lol - always keep an extra but it just came out of storage and my mind's been too focused on the gt3... kinda like neglecting your wife for the mistress i guess (or is it the other way round) funny thing is there is a litre sitting on my f'in shelf in the garage.

It was 50% there before I left, I guess that's the downside of the Dinan diff and running at 3500-4000 for 3 hours...Next time, I'm flying.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 06:35 PM   #7
Jaypod
Brigadier General
Jaypod's Avatar
No_Country
64
Rep
4,962
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsanh View Post
lol - always keep an extra but it just came out of storage and my mind's been too focused on the gt3... kinda like neglecting your wife for the mistress i guess (or is it the other way round) funny thing is there is a litre sitting on my f'in shelf in the garage.

It was 50% there before I left, I guess that's the downside of the Dinan diff and running at 3500-4000 for 3 hours...Next time, I'm flying.
Excuses, excuses...you better keep your mind on the M3, I am going to be driving your GT3 for a few months it looks like....

Have fun in Montreal!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST