BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-21-2014, 01:45 PM   #23
Spazdoc
Major
Spazdoc's Avatar
16
Rep
1,186
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i - Montego
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Winnetka, IL

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Remember most non-CPO warranties offer pro-rated refunds. For instance I got 65% of my last one back after 1 out of 3 years coverage.

I believe his car is Jerez Black. It's in the FS section help the man out!

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=957921
Very nice. Although very popular, I am not a fan of black rims and am looking for Blue or Mineral white sedans.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #24
dmk08
///Maniac
dmk08's Avatar
80
Rep
3,471
Posts

 
Drives: 15 F80 MG/SO 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazdoc View Post
Very nice. Although very popular, I am not a fan of black rims and am looking for Blue or Mineral white sedans.
Gotcha.

FWIW I think he has silver comp wheels too. Says in the post it's shown with the included winter set.

Car is Jerez Black.. that's really blue bro!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 01:53 PM   #25
Spazdoc
Major
Spazdoc's Avatar
16
Rep
1,186
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i - Montego
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Winnetka, IL

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Gotcha.

FWIW I think he has silver comp wheels too. Says in the post it's shown with the included winter set.

Car is Jerez Black.. that's really blue bro!
When you are coming from a Montego Blue, it is hard to go back:
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 02:06 PM   #26
dmk08
///Maniac
dmk08's Avatar
80
Rep
3,471
Posts

 
Drives: 15 F80 MG/SO 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazdoc View Post
When you are coming from a Montego Blue, it is hard to go back:
Haha, I understand that. I just bought LeMans Blue myself!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 10:11 PM   #27
Spazdoc
Major
Spazdoc's Avatar
16
Rep
1,186
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i - Montego
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Winnetka, IL

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
So I have a question about a few M3 out in Atlanta with low miles and good price, for example: http://www.gwinnettbmw.com/detail-20...-11763291.html

From what the salesperson told me, they were 'demo' cars used for traing at a BMW facility, hence the low mileage. Could these have been used at the BMW Performance Driving school in SC? If so, I would be skittish on these because they would have been tracked by 'non-owners' and maybe not even run through a proper break-in.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 11:28 AM   #28
Bimmer-M3
Captain
10
Rep
744
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: ---

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazdoc View Post
So I have a question about a few M3 out in Atlanta with low miles and good price, for example: http://www.gwinnettbmw.com/detail-20...-11763291.html

From what the salesperson told me, they were 'demo' cars used for traing at a BMW facility, hence the low mileage. Could these have been used at the BMW Performance Driving school in SC? If so, I would be skittish on these because they would have been tracked by 'non-owners' and maybe not even run through a proper break-in.

Any thoughts?
I would avoid all demo cars by all means, but that is just my opinion
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 11:32 AM   #29
Spazdoc
Major
Spazdoc's Avatar
16
Rep
1,186
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i - Montego
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Winnetka, IL

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestine View Post
I would avoid all demo cars by all means, but that is just my opinion
That is my uneducated opinion, but I was wondering if anyone had an opposing view.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 12:48 PM   #30
Bimmer-M3
Captain
10
Rep
744
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: ---

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazdoc View Post
That is my uneducated opinion, but I was wondering if anyone had an opposing view.
Why is it uneducated opinion?? Please search on what does "demo" mean before posting such a comment.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 02:05 PM   #31
Spazdoc
Major
Spazdoc's Avatar
16
Rep
1,186
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i - Montego
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Winnetka, IL

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestine View Post
Why is it uneducated opinion?? Please search on what does "demo" mean before posting such a comment.
The problem is that I don't know how to read some of these carfax histories to know if it is a simple 'demo' car, a manufacturer/exec car, or used in the Performance Center in SC. When I spoke with the salesperson, her response was basically,"Yeah, something like that."

There are already a few opinion threads on demo cars in general. I just don't know how to differentiate the differences if the salesperson has no idea.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 02:51 PM   #32
M3li
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 SG M3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazdoc View Post
The problem is that I don't know how to read some of these carfax histories to know if it is a simple 'demo' car, a manufacturer/exec car, or used in the Performance Center in SC. When I spoke with the salesperson, her response was basically,"Yeah, something like that."

There are already a few opinion threads on demo cars in general. I just don't know how to differentiate the differences if the salesperson has no idea.

Spazdoc,

I know that if the dealer pulls the vehicle history from the key, the sheet will say DEMO if it was a demo.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST