BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-04-2014, 03:06 AM   #23
Msports180
Soon to be Owner
Australia
0

 
Msports180's Avatar
 
Drives: R36 Passat, Patrol, Skyline
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bunbury Western Australia


Posts: 59
iTrader: (0)

I mean more if priced accordingly i would consider.
__________________
- R36 Passat - Nissan Patrol Family Explorer- 500hp Skyline - Looking for the right M3 -
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 03:08 AM   #24
Savitar
Aussie in Scotland....
0

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Competition Pack
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantam3 View Post
Hey mate, personal story here, as I currently own a personal UK import -

what Dzenko is saying is somewhat true, the UK car imports always get a suspicious look from potential buyers (including myself) mainly because we all wonder what the 'real' reason is you are bringing this car over - you looking to make a fast buck? why dont you just sell the thing over there? are we getting rubbish unloaded on us? that sort of thing. The guy I got mine from had some real issues selling it, because alot of people walked away thinking it was a 'grey' import and that means it has herpes - its only somone who is willing to look past the UK badge to really see what the car is worth - and these people are few and far between. Also if you DONT lable it as a UK import and people find out, buyers will drop you like a hot stone.

you are also right - no issues on insurance, I never had any issues whatsoever.

Honestly you need to price this thing below a similarly ranged car for someone to look at it, simply because of this fact: Aussies don't want imported cars - we are a fickle bunch- even though all of them are made in the same factory - we dont care! and if you price it at 110 - noone is going to look at it as most of the potential buyers would rather pay a little more premium for something 'safe'. its a strange concept, but true unfortunately.

I was the exception that makes the rule , but take it from me, you are not going to have it easy - the seller took my low-ball offer almost immediately because it had been on the market too long already with tire kickers not really focused on the car - but on the fact its a UK import.

GLWTS
Thanks all for the comments, very much appreciated. I fully appreciate that at / around a $100K mark its going to be hard to sell as a UK import (even if it was not).

Currently the cheapest comp pack on the market is $130K so I have put mine up for $109K to start and see how it goes. Not really sure what I will be willing to let it go for but we will see over time. I am sure that if I put it up for $75K I would sell it immediately but that is the same for any car (put it way below market and you will see regardless of the UK import status).

This is the second M3 I have owned and I looked around for quite a while to get this. Its basically perfect so I hope with $20K - $30K below Aussie market for a car in perfect condition then it might get a buyer....

But I am a dreamer....

Some photos from the ad just being loaded :







Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 03:11 AM   #25
Savitar
Aussie in Scotland....
0

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Competition Pack
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur84wr View Post
Savitar I paid 99 for mine with 18000kms in oct last year. It's an lci 2010. M/T though and no comp pack.

Don't wana tell you how to suck eggs as that's v annoying on a forum just an FYI :-)
Interesting and very helpful, thanks......

manual always seem to go for 5-10K less than DCT's in OZ from what I can tell. It just seems like the market so it seems like $110 for a comp pack DCT is about right, so perhaps somewhere less for a UK import should be expected.....
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 03:13 AM   #26
Savitar
Aussie in Scotland....
0

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Competition Pack
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CON G View Post
wouldn't an indication of the supposed "disc for import" be measured by trade in price. i.e. a low trade in price lower than what normally someone would expect?

I bought my 2010 M3 Silverstone II with sunroof and comp pack for 100k plus on roads a year ago (11 Mar 13).
Thanks, good price point. Seems the sedans in OZ go for far less than the coupe's right (not sure why)? How many KM's did yours have?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 03:15 AM   #27
Savitar
Aussie in Scotland....
0

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Competition Pack
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts325i View Post
In my opinion, that's too high. There was a '13 Comp Pack for sale alongside mine last week that was advertised for $110k.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Interesting....where was that for sale? I have been watching the comp pack's on carsales and have not seen any around $110 for a while......now if it was 50K+ KM's then perhaps but given its sold, it must have been around the right price point?? So therefore a UK import would be worth less, I get that....so can see what offers I get....
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 03:22 AM   #28
Savitar
Aussie in Scotland....
0

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Competition Pack
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantam3 View Post
You say that - but would you be willing to buy it for above what an equivalent AUS car is asking?
I have currently priced it $20K less than any 2010+ comp pack in the country so with bargaining they would probably get one for $20 - $30K less than an aussie delivered one....

Now I fully appreciated that the market might allow for some other cars being lower so I might have to reduce my price, but I am looking to sell it for around 15-20% less than the aussie market.....

Having said that, when I say market i mean similar features, similar KM's, similar year etc. You can't put a 2008 manual sedan with 90K against a MY11 COmp pack with 15K and say "Look, your's is over the market price"....
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 04:50 AM   #29
Ben0426
First Lieutenant
Australia
6

 
Drives: e92 325i /MB ML350
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sydney


Posts: 300
iTrader: (1)

Why not sell it at your purchased price? You won't lose anything, and you also offering a great chance for someone who wants to own a nice car. I remember you bought it for less then 60K AUD last year, let's say you spend 15K to shipped it here. Put it up for 80K maybe? I think that's fair price, everyone happy. Just an head up, that was an UK imported Ferrari 360 sold for 82K on carsales last year

Last edited by Ben0426; 03-04-2014 at 05:01 AM.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 04:59 AM   #30
Rajvosa
Second Lieutenant
4

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Perth


Posts: 286
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben0426 View Post
Why not sell it at your purchased price? You won't lose anything, and you also offering a great chance for someone who wants to own a nice car. I remember you bought it for less then 60K AUD last year, let's say you spend 15K to shipped it here. Put it up for 80K maybe? I think that's fair price, everyone happy
I dont think you need to mention how much he paid for it as thats not the point of this thread...

why should he not make money if he is able to? its a hassle bringing the car from overseas and if he can make $ on it then well done to him.

at the end of the day, there will be someone who will want to save big $$ and buying this import will end up being a Win/Win situation for both parties.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 05:14 AM   #31
Ben0426
First Lieutenant
Australia
6

 
Drives: e92 325i /MB ML350
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sydney


Posts: 300
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajvosa View Post
I dont think you need to mention how much he paid for it as thats not the point of this thread...

why should he not make money if he is able to? its a hassle bringing the car from overseas and if he can make $ on it then well done to him.

at the end of the day, there will be someone who will want to save big $$ and buying this import will end up being a Win/Win situation for both parties.
We all want to see this car end up win/win. Potential buyer will find out how much the car worth from UK eventually. Just try to make his sale easier
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 05:22 AM   #32
Rajvosa
Second Lieutenant
4

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Perth


Posts: 286
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben0426 View Post
We all want to see this car end up win/win. Potential buyer will find out how much the car worth from UK eventually. Just try to make his sale easier
yes but its his luck to be able to buy it for that much to begin with...

if someone is going to pick this up for about 20-30k less than same model here, its pretty good for them as well!

anyways, good luck with the sale OP!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #33
Savitar
Aussie in Scotland....
0

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Competition Pack
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben0426 View Post
Why not sell it at your purchased price? You won't lose anything, and you also offering a great chance for someone who wants to own a nice car. I remember you bought it for less then 60K AUD last year, let's say you spend 15K to shipped it here. Put it up for 80K maybe? I think that's fair price, everyone happy. Just an head up, that was an UK imported Ferrari 360 sold for 82K on carsales last year
Interesting coming from someone who does not actually own an M3.....

Anywho...based on the exchange today, this cost me $75K to purchase, then its $22k to import, add on to that insurance here and the UK we are talking over $100K total cost. Having it up for $110K advertised, assume bargaining, we ARE talking cost price for me...which is $20 - $30K lower than an Aussie delivered car.....

I am NOT trying to make a profit, just trying to get the best price I can to cover my costs.....some people are very harsh....
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #34
Savitar
Aussie in Scotland....
0

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Competition Pack
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajvosa View Post
yes but its his luck to be able to buy it for that much to begin with...

if someone is going to pick this up for about 20-30k less than same model here, its pretty good for them as well!

anyways, good luck with the sale OP!
Thanks, that is the theory.....the person who gets this gets a 15,000 KM M3 in perfect condition, garaged all its life will all the features that make this car great....all for $30,000 less than an aussie delivered car....and the difference....a plate affixed to the car....that is it!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 10:55 AM   #35
DR-JEKL
Lieutenant Colonel
31

 
Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia


Posts: 1,935
iTrader: (1)

G/L with the sale mate, for $109k it seems fair if it doesn't move you can always drop the price if you get desperate.

It's a case of damn if you do damn if you don't with the price as if it's too high people will be like but i can get an australian delivered model for much the same price, yet if its cheaper then an australian delivered model some guys will be like hmm i wonder whats wrong with it why is it selling it so cheap?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #36
jmo
Enlisted Member
Australia
0

 
Drives: BMW M3 E90
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Australia


Posts: 47
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben0426 View Post
Why not sell it at your purchased price? You won't lose anything, and you also offering a great chance for someone who wants to own a nice car. I remember you bought it for less then 60K AUD last year, let's say you spend 15K to shipped it here. Put it up for 80K maybe? I think that's fair price, everyone happy. Just an head up, that was an UK imported Ferrari 360 sold for 82K on carsales last year
Yeah Savitar, I don't understand why you don't just give money away?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #37
wantam3
Private
Australia
0

 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Victoria, Australia


Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savitar View Post
Anywho...based on the exchange today, this cost me $75K to purchase, then its $22k to import, add on to that insurance here and the UK we are talking over $100K total cost. Having it up for $110K advertised, assume bargaining, we ARE talking cost price for me...which is $20 - $30K lower than an Aussie delivered car.....

I am NOT trying to make a profit, just trying to get the best price I can to cover my costs.....some people are very harsh....

haha, sorry mate, as you are starting to see, some people see this as a personal attack on the whole car market (refer to my previous post!)-

knowing more about what other comparable cars are out there, I think its priced well, you will no doubt get quite alot of hate from some people - and be prepared to sit on it for quite some time - this is a car that costs 1/3 of a standard house, so be prepared for some dirty sales tactics - bloody nice looking beast as well -

I see you are looking to bring it into Vic - im thinking of making a VIC meet at some point in the near future, would you be interested in bringing her along for a look if you still have her?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 05:56 PM   #38
wantam3
Private
Australia
0

 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Victoria, Australia


Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo View Post
Yeah Savitar, I don't understand why you don't just give money away?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 05:58 PM   #39
Savitar
Aussie in Scotland....
0

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Competition Pack
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo View Post
Yeah Savitar, I don't understand why you don't just give money away?
I know, I can't tell you how many times I just get $1,000 out of the ATM and give it to someone on the street....
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #40
Savitar
Aussie in Scotland....
0

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Competition Pack
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantam3 View Post
haha, sorry mate, as you are starting to see, some people see this as a personal attack on the whole car market (refer to my previous post!)-

knowing more about what other comparable cars are out there, I think its priced well, you will no doubt get quite alot of hate from some people - and be prepared to sit on it for quite some time - this is a car that costs 1/3 of a standard house, so be prepared for some dirty sales tactics - bloody nice looking beast as well -

I see you are looking to bring it into Vic - im thinking of making a VIC meet at some point in the near future, would you be interested in bringing her along for a look if you still have her?
Fully appreciate it might take some time to sell, I am not in a rush so if it takes weeks / months, so be it. It is already in VIC and would be interested in the meet up for sure. There is a E46 M3 coming in as well in a few weeks so if this E92 is gone, I can bring that along....
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 10:36 PM   #41
Savitar
Aussie in Scotland....
0

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Competition Pack
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

I just got a call from a very helpful chap who said that he has owned UK imports before and so knows how difficult it is to sell them.... He said :

- It took him 4 months to sell his Jag XKR and he had to sell it for $62,000 when the going price at the time was $90,000
- People can't get finance on personally imported cars (not sure if that is true)
- The redbook price on my car is $82,000 - $91,000. I mentioned to him that this is based on 18" rims, no comp pack and an average of 50,000KM's

I then looked it up and found this :

http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/resea...&Ridx=4&eapi=2

- Red book price for a MY11 is in fact $88,400 - $96,600 with average KM's of 40,000 - 70,000 and that does not take in to account options...

Then he made me an offer, cash, $60,000. I said no.....
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 11:48 PM   #42
DAL344
Private First Class
Australia
1

 
DAL344's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 Pure Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Perth, Australia


Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savitar View Post
I just got a call from a very helpful chap who said that he has owned UK imports before and so knows how difficult it is to sell them.... He said :

- It took him 4 months to sell his Jag XKR and he had to sell it for $62,000 when the going price at the time was $90,000
- People can't get finance on personally imported cars (not sure if that is true)
- The redbook price on my car is $82,000 - $91,000. I mentioned to him that this is based on 18" rims, no comp pack and an average of 50,000KM's

I then looked it up and found this :

http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/resea...&Ridx=4&eapi=2

- Red book price for a MY11 is in fact $88,400 - $96,600 with average KM's of 40,000 - 70,000 and that does not take in to account options...

Then he made me an offer, cash, $60,000. I said no.....
Cheeky fecker
I would have said more than 'no' to him....
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 01:44 AM   #43
jmo
Enlisted Member
Australia
0

 
Drives: BMW M3 E90
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Australia


Posts: 47
iTrader: (0)

Anyone that mentions redbook should immediately be hung up on
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 03:31 AM   #44
Savitar
Aussie in Scotland....
0

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Competition Pack
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAL344 View Post
Cheeky fecker
I would have said more than 'no' to him....
I closed the conversation down quickly after that but I could tell within 30 seconds he was going to low ball me as he started with "Well I have owned a UK import and realise how hard it is to sell and how much you need to discount them"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo View Post
Anyone that mentions redbook should immediately be hung up on
Right....When we got the E46 M3 I looked at two on one day, same year, same mileage, same specs and same price....one looked like it had been washed twice in its life but an owner who cared nothing about the car and the other (which we bought) was mint.....

Redbook is a great guide, but it not what you should base the price on.....

Having said that, he did mention a redbook price at the low end of $82K but offered me $60K so not really sure what he was smoking....

I do give him credit for trying though....unlucky for him I am not as stupid as he thinks I am.....
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST