BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-18-2014, 11:50 AM   #1
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
Sebringjetta's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
3,629
Posts

Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (39)

Anyone Else Interested To See Apex Ac8 In 19"

anyone else interested in seeing what the apex arc8 look like in 19" or is it just me....excited for the release!!!!!!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 01:09 PM   #2
slicer
Brigadier General
slicer's Avatar
107
Rep
4,147
Posts

Drives: '04 E46 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (21)

Not me.
__________________
'08 E90 M3 - Alpine White - Sold
'13 E92 M3 - Silverstone II - Sold
'04 E46 M3 - Jet Black - BBS E88, KW Clubsports, Brembo BBK, SuperSprint Exhaust, Recaro
'15 i3 - Laurel Gray - Why would I mod this thing?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #3
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
Sebringjetta's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
3,629
Posts

Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (39)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Not me.
ya i know....i have no idea what im going to go with...for now might rock another set of apex for the street until i can make up my mind...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
slicer
Brigadier General
slicer's Avatar
107
Rep
4,147
Posts

Drives: '04 E46 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebringjetta View Post
ya i know....i have no idea what im going to go with...for now might rock another set of apex for the street until i can make up my mind...
Here is what I would consider if I were you (all in 18's) considering your car is evolving into a track car for the street...

BBS E88
HRE R40
HRE R43
Volk TE37
Advan TC3
Volk ZE40
__________________
'08 E90 M3 - Alpine White - Sold
'13 E92 M3 - Silverstone II - Sold
'04 E46 M3 - Jet Black - BBS E88, KW Clubsports, Brembo BBK, SuperSprint Exhaust, Recaro
'15 i3 - Laurel Gray - Why would I mod this thing?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 01:29 PM   #5
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
Sebringjetta's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
3,629
Posts

Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (39)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Here is what I would consider if I were you (all in 18's) considering your car is evolving into a track car for the street...

BBS E88
HRE R40
HRE R43
Volk TE37
Advan TC3
Volk ZE40
ya another buddy/member is selling a set of orig te37 non sl i might have to jump on them...they will clear my bbk better then some...thats what i had on the e46....but they are a great wheel
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 01:33 PM   #6
slicer
Brigadier General
slicer's Avatar
107
Rep
4,147
Posts

Drives: '04 E46 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebringjetta View Post
ya another buddy/member is selling a set of orig te37 non sl i might have to jump on them...they will clear my bbk better then some...thats what i had on the e46....but they are a great wheel
TE37's are always a winner for being light weight, strong, great sizing, fairly priced and good looking.

By the way... I just got off the phone with BBS Motorsports and they confirmed that the E88's not only fit Stoptech 380mm (already knew that) but also Brembo 380mm front and rear. I think there was misinformation from some vendors regarding Brembo fitment with the E88's. The E88's can be added to the list of 18" wheels that clear Brembos.
__________________
'08 E90 M3 - Alpine White - Sold
'13 E92 M3 - Silverstone II - Sold
'04 E46 M3 - Jet Black - BBS E88, KW Clubsports, Brembo BBK, SuperSprint Exhaust, Recaro
'15 i3 - Laurel Gray - Why would I mod this thing?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #7
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
Sebringjetta's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
3,629
Posts

Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (39)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
TE37's are always a winner for being light weight, strong, great sizing, fairly priced and good looking.

By the way... I just got off the phone with BBS Motorsports and they confirmed that the E88's not only fit Stoptech 380mm (already knew that) but also Brembo 380mm front and rear. I think there was misinformation from some vendors regarding Brembo fitment with the E88's. The E88's can be added to the list of 18" wheels that clear Brembos.
not sure why ST wasn't real help full when i called them...but at the same time they are a manufacturer not a vendor...something tells me eventually im going to end up w/ a set of e88 with black on black....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 01:39 PM   #8
slicer
Brigadier General
slicer's Avatar
107
Rep
4,147
Posts

Drives: '04 E46 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebringjetta View Post
not sure why ST wasn't real help full when i called them...but at the same time they are a manufacturer not a vendor...something tells me eventually im going to end up w/ a set of e88 with black on black....
That would be sick! I guess in Stop Tech's defense they don't have access to drawings of BBS's wheels while BBS has access to drawings of Stoptech brakes. Either way the fact that the E88's clear Brembo 380's makes me like them even more.
__________________
'08 E90 M3 - Alpine White - Sold
'13 E92 M3 - Silverstone II - Sold
'04 E46 M3 - Jet Black - BBS E88, KW Clubsports, Brembo BBK, SuperSprint Exhaust, Recaro
'15 i3 - Laurel Gray - Why would I mod this thing?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #9
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
Sebringjetta's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
3,629
Posts

Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (39)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
That would be sick! I guess in Stop Tech's defense they don't have access to drawings of BBS's wheels while BBS has access to drawings of Stoptech brakes. Either way the fact that the E88's clear Brembo 380's makes me like them even more.
ya im pretty sure it wouldnt be an issue since you have the trophy ed...sometimes i wonder if the trophy is just a marketing ploy...but it would have been an expensive gamble since parts in the for sale section are not moving very fast for some reason....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 01:54 PM   #10
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
kawasaki00's Avatar
68
Rep
1,531
Posts

Drives: E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Charlotte NC

iTrader: (8)

I wish they made the ec-7 in 19" also, 19x11. I think alot of people would buy them if they offered 10.5 or 11 inch. Same as the arc-8, offer in correct width for 295, and they would sell well.
__________________
Electronics Junkie, Engine Builder.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #11
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
Sebringjetta's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
3,629
Posts

Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (39)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00 View Post
I wish they made the ec-7 in 19" also, 19x11. I think alot of people would buy them if they offered 10.5 or 11 inch. Same as the arc-8, offer in correct width for 295, and they would sell well.
i think its poss they might make the arc-7 in a 19 but not sure..i hope the widths get more aggressive as well!!!!!!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #12
8k3
Banned
67
Rep
956
Posts

Drives: Car
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boise, ID

iTrader: (1)

Sent them an email, can't hurt. Their website currently only lists a 18" wheel
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 02:53 PM   #13
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
Sebringjetta's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
3,629
Posts

Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (39)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k3 View Post
Sent them an email, can't hurt. Their website currently only lists a 18" wheel
they wont be released for a few mos...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 04:34 PM   #14
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
kawasaki00's Avatar
68
Rep
1,531
Posts

Drives: E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Charlotte NC

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebringjetta View Post
they wont be released for a few mos...
I hope so because I heard the same thing a year ago
__________________
Electronics Junkie, Engine Builder.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 06:02 PM   #15
8k3
Banned
67
Rep
956
Posts

Drives: Car
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boise, ID

iTrader: (1)

They replied, something along the lines later this year a 19" is coming out
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 06:10 PM   #16
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
Sebringjetta's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
3,629
Posts

Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (39)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k3 View Post
They replied, something along the lines later this year a 19" is coming out
thats what i was told as well...not sure if they would look that much different in 19..especially if they are black....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 11:24 AM   #17
aus
Major General
United_States
240
Rep
7,946
Posts

Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00 View Post
I wish they made the ec-7 in 19" also, 19x11. I think alot of people would buy them if they offered 10.5 or 11 inch. Same as the arc-8, offer in correct width for 295, and they would sell well.
I agree. It's a great looking wheel and would look even better in 19" sizing.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #18
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
Sebringjetta's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
3,629
Posts

Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (39)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I agree. It's a great looking wheel and would look even better in 19" sizing.
lets just hope they come wider
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 06:30 PM   #19
Hujan
Brigadier General
Hujan's Avatar
United_States
163
Rep
3,248
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (13)

Forgive me, but wouldn't a 19" Arc-8 basically just be the E46 CSL wheels with maybe a different hub interface? I mean, I'm sure even Apex would admit that the Arc-8 was inspired by the E46 CSL wheel.



__________________
E92 M3: MRF Velaforza | Brembo GT | KW Clubsport | BBS E88 | Recaro Sportsters
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 01:05 AM   #20
M3ANMACHINE
Hella Functional
M3ANMACHINE's Avatar
United_States
89
Rep
2,256
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mission Viejo, CA

iTrader: (6)

I heard that APEX already has a 19" ARC8 in the works. Don't quote me on that though!
__________________

--- E90 ///M3 - AW - 6MT - APEX - Bimmerworld - BMW Performance - Dinan - Evolve - IND - KW - PFC - Recaro - Vorsteiner ---

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 01:53 AM   #21
JTO24
Got an 8:30 res at Dorsia
JTO24's Avatar
United_States
937
Rep
3,454
Posts

Drives: 2015 TZB F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Jersey

iTrader: (7)

They told me in the other thread that they have both the arc-8's, ec-7's and a totally new wheel design coming out in 19's in Q2 of this year.. They also said they should have samples in the coming weeks so hopefully they share those with us soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 04:58 AM   #22
Route 16
I got lei'd
Route 16's Avatar
Philippines
200
Rep
5,841
Posts

Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dark Side of the Moon

iTrader: (51)

Been waiting on that wheel since 2012.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST