BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

Lux Angel Eyes

10-27-2017, 05:57 PM   #1
GTGhost
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 GTS Build

My M3 track build with GT4 mk2 rear wing

On another thread about the GT4 mk2 rear wing I mention I managed to get one. A couple of people asked for pics once it was fitted as these wings are very hard to source.

The wing was fitted today and the rest of stage 1 of the build should be finished for me to pick up next weekend. I'll post more pics when it's finished. The car stock is a 2012 competition pack car.

The build list for this car is.... full Akrapovic exhaust system that has downpipe decats and 100cell cats on the x pipe with carbon fiber tips, Macht Schnell underdrive pullies, BMC air filter, Evolve Stage 2 remap with the overrun burble map and GTS DCT map. On the front the car has Brembo 6 pot mono block brakes from an Audi R8 and on the back the car has Brembo 4 pot brakes from a Porsche 911 GT3. The car also has Ground Control camber plates, GT4 carbon fiber front splitter, GT4 carbon fiber canards, carbon fiber side skirts, carbon fiber rear diffuser and rear undertray, GTS half cage, fire exstingisher, recaro bucket seats, harnesses, and BMW M Performance alcantara flat bottom steering wheel

In December/January the car is going back in for stage 2 of the build where it will be fitted with Intrax 2 way adjustable suspension with Intrax black titan and anti roll control. The rear windscreen and rear quarter glass will be removed and replaced with lightweight polycarbonate glass. Also a carbon fiber CSL bootlid and carbon fiber bonnet (hood as you call them in America) is going on. The rear subframe will also be dropped with solid metal rear subframe bushes being installed and various other stuff such as poly bushes all round front and back. The 359 competition pack wheels will also be coming off and Apex ARC-8 18's will be going on. Also a Gruppe M carbon fiber intake kit will be installed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 09:56 PM   #2
Redd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

That wing looks massive! Any pic of the full car with the wing?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 11:31 PM   #3
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Wow! Very impressive build. Clean and functional. Looks great!
      10-28-2017, 03:05 AM   #4
becausephilchow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3

Curious as to why you went with a pieced together brake setup, with R8 Fronts. I reckon would've been better to get a kit that's off the shelf?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2017, 04:39 AM   #5
GTGhost
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by becausephilchow View Post
Curious as to why you went with a pieced together brake setup, with R8 Fronts. I reckon would've been better to get a kit that's off the shelf?
Because the stopping power of these brakes is way more powerful than a off the shelf kit. The Brembo Mono Block calipers completely dwaf AP calipers.

However they have caused a dilema. After the build started I decided that I wanted to move down to 18's so I'm going to have to get an AP big brake kit as 18's won't fit with these front calipers.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2017, 04:42 AM   #6
GTGhost
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
That wing looks massive! Any pic of the full car with the wing?
I'll have some more pics next weekend mate when I pick the car up. Camber plates still need fitting and then it's off to get it's geo aligned.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2017, 11:55 AM   #7
///Mobbin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ZCP e92 M3

Congrats on the build!! Looking forward to the next steps and driving impressions. Wing looks great!
      10-28-2017, 07:33 PM   #8
Leglessracing
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

Great build, Paul is doing an epic job for you
Geoff steel racing, MS*Motorsports-raceparts.biz, Bimmerworld, Elise Racing, Nitron, DO88, Templar racing lexan, Race data systems, Radium engineering, Super B batteries, Flossman, VAC motorsports, American Racing Headers, Ricky Evans Motorsport, Corbeau, Goodridge hoses, Trackstormers, PSDesigns
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2017, 05:25 AM   #9
GTGhost
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leglessracing View Post
Great build, Paul is doing an epic job for you
Yeah the guy is a legend. In our last conversation I told him he's an artisan at what he does. A man who races and can knock out metal like this with his own hands is a bad man
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2017, 10:14 AM   #10
dkracing
///M3NTAL
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW E92 M3 ZCP

nice build
      10-31-2017, 09:25 AM   #11
GTGhost
Rep

Just an update...

AP Racing BBK on order so I can come down to 18in wheels. Also put an order in for Intrax suspension which in the end I've gone with the 4 way adjustable suspension with Black Titan and Anti Roll Controll. I thought I've come this far, I might as well go the full mile and get the best suspension on the market. There's a 1 month wait though for the suspension as apparently this time of year is busy for motorsport. I guess everyone is building their cars for next year.

Also ordered a Tegiwa carbon fiber intake. I was going to get the GruppeM but this one is pretty much the same and is half the price. The intake will arive in 2 weeks.

Here's a pic of the intake
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-31-2017, 10:59 AM   #12
///Mobbin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Nice! Congrats on the suspension and everything coming together. Please take plenty of suspension pics if you don't mind, not many folks on Intrax here and I'm curious to see it.
      10-31-2017, 01:02 PM   #13
GTGhost
Rep

Some more pics
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2017, 07:46 PM   #14
GTGhost
Rep

Stage 1 complete. Back in next month for the intrax suspension and AP's etc
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-31-2017, 08:40 PM   #15
Leglessracing
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

The suspension is a good call. I went nitron in the end with my build.
Is the engine remaining stock? Have you done anything with the diff yet?
Geoff steel racing, MS*Motorsports-raceparts.biz, Bimmerworld, Elise Racing, Nitron, DO88, Templar racing lexan, Race data systems, Radium engineering, Super B batteries, Flossman, VAC motorsports, American Racing Headers, Ricky Evans Motorsport, Corbeau, Goodridge hoses, Trackstormers, PSDesigns
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2017, 09:03 PM   #16
GTGhost
Rep

Quote:
The suspension is a good call. I went nitron in the end with my build.
Is the engine remaining stock? Have you done anything with the diff yet?
Yeah I was going to go with Intrax 1k2 with anti roll control orginally, but I figured the extra money for the Intrax 4 way with anti roll control wasn't much in the grand scheme of things so I thought I might aswell go all the way.

Nothing done to the engine yet mate apart from a remap, underdrive pullies and the carbon intake that will be here in a couple of weeks. The plan is though to do a 4.4 stroker with the stroker kit from VAC. I'm just researching it at the moment. I'll probably get that done in January with the aim to have the car ready for spring.

Nothing done with the diff yet, but have discussed options with Paul. Forgot to mention in previous posts that I'm upgrading the cooling with the DO88 kit too.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 07:43 PM   #17
Leglessracing
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Itís rude not to go all the way when suspension and brakes are concerned. Talking of suspension, I assume itís you that Paul is talking to about my rear adjustable arms and carbon bonnet?

I was looking at a 4.4 stroker. Now that would be awesome to see. I ended up just going with medium lift cams. May go dry sump, will see where my build eventually takes me.

In regards to the diff, Will at GSR supplied mine, my dct box car is running a 4.1 diff which is plated. A truly awesome setup for sure. Good call on the DO88 too. Thatís what I went for. Will you be cooling the diff too?

Sorry if Iíve missed this, but are you going into racing with it or just a general track toy?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 08:00 PM   #18
Redd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Wow isn't 4.1 final drive super short for dct?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 08:07 PM   #19
GTGhost
Rep

Quote:
Itís rude not to go all the way when suspension and brakes are concerned. Talking of suspension, I assume itís you that Paul is talking to about my rear adjustable arms and carbon bonnet?

I was looking at a 4.4 stroker. Now that would be awesome to see. I ended up just going with medium lift cams. May go dry sump, will see where my build eventually takes me.

In regards to the diff, Will at GSR supplied mine, my dct box car is running a 4.1 diff which is plated. A truly awesome setup for sure. Good call on the DO88 too. Thatís what I went for. Will you be cooling the diff too?

Sorry if Iíve missed this, but are you going into racing with it or just a general track toy?
Yeah, that would be me he was talking to you about. How come you don't want the adjustable arms? I want to get into racing, but right now I don't have the experience to be competitive. So I plan to get as much track time under my belt and have plenty of racing tuition in 2018 and then race 2019. Come April I'm going to rent a house as close to the Nurburgring as I can for 6 months and get as much track time in as possible. I was saying to Paul that next year I'll then go with a full cage and carbon doors etc and have it as a full race setup.

Paul has mentioned about cooling the diff and that's something I'll get done before heading out to live by the ring for 6 months. Everything is an option with this car as this is my main toy/race car and is something I've always wanted to do. My other fast car is a 991 carrera s convertible so it's nothing to really rag around a track, it's more just my nice car so to say. Whereas the M3 is going to either be the car in my garage when I'm older with a trophy cabinet next to it or the car that kills me. So yeah, it's going to be a full race car, but the build will develop with my experience. Right now, even as it is I'm the guy with all the gear and no idea.

What's the standard diff ratio on the DCT? I was looking into changing the diff ratio but read stuff about how it's not feasible with the DCT as the DCT has to be remapped entirely or something.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 11:39 PM   #20
///Mobbin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Wow, 6 months at the Nurburgring sounds amazing!

I have the 3.45 final drive gears on my e92 m3. These were installed by the previous owner and came from Dinan who later indicated to me that this was a BMW Motorsport sourced gearset that is no longer made. This gearset has worked well on my car with both the standard OE DCT tune and now the OE GTS DCT tune.

It's possible driftflo may have some used sets for sale.

Good info on final drive gears in this thread, LINK.
      11-03-2017, 06:29 AM   #21
Leglessracing
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I thought it may be, I’ve alreay got a set installed on my race car build. Have a look at my build thread to see how good they look! What are you going to be looking at racing in the end? Brit car maybe? I know kumho won’t let you run engine mods and carbon doors unless you go in the invitation class. Now the ring for 6 months is something to be jealous of. I need to get out there at some point.

Have you thought of going for GRP doors? With mine being a race car, I couldn’t bare to use CF doors and have someone drive into me and smash them. Especially as GRP doors are around £400 and very similar in weight

I’ve been putting together a diff cooling pack for my car, so let me know if you need it or guidance on what to buy. I’ve seen far too many cars piss diff oil after a bit of abuse.

You will get there, it won’t take long at all to get up to speed on track.

The standard diff ratio if I remember rightly is 3.154 and with the setup like it is there is a bit too much preload. In regards to the mapping, I’ve gone with a Syvec stand alone ecu to operate the car and Syvec H Pro to run the DCT box. So it’s getting mapped anyway. I’ve got some pics of the data pull of using the 4.1 and it’s perfect for the ring and Spa

Last edited by Leglessracing; 11-03-2017 at 07:55 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2017, 06:30 AM   #22
Leglessracing
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
Wow isn't 4.1 final drive super short for dct?
Nope, 4.1 is ideal. Running the Drexler style diff with 0 preload and 6 plates means everything runs amazingly
Appreciate 0