BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-04-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
Pertplus
Colonel
 
Pertplus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 C2S
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Diego, California

Posts: 2,217
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
Good to know ADV1 thinks I have good taste in wheel finish colors

http://web.stagram.com/p/648669990190708642_13204476

Apparently they murdered the M5 game...well, we know they are dead in the M3 game.


M5 by FotosByAlex, on Flickr
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Pertplus; 02-04-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Pertplus is offline   United_States
0
      02-04-2014, 06:44 PM   #2
euro*
Private First Class
 
euro*'s Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 186
iTrader: (3)

and whats the point of your post?
euro* is offline   Canada
0
      02-04-2014, 06:49 PM   #3
Pertplus
Colonel
 
Pertplus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 C2S
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Diego, California

Posts: 2,217
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_bimmer
and whats the point of your post?
I actually meant to add to another thread. And can't delete this one.

And my general point is that ADV1's website claims that unlike all other wheel manufacturers, they are original and do not copy designs or styles. And yet, here we are with ADV1 boasting about making Red tinted wheels for an M5. Basically, if you (the collective "you" not you personally) wondered why ADV1 is called out for their business practices, customer service, etc....here is a great example of how they bring that criticism onto themselves.

For example:

The wheel industry is very competitive, what has been the primary reason for ADV1’s success over others?

Because I simply DO NOT STOP, there’s is no break time, no being caught up, no downtime. Why? Because when I finish a project or development I move on to the next one, if there is no next one I make one up and move on with it. This is why ADV.1 is so overwhelming to the industry because you cannot catch up because by time someone finally copies our style I’m 3 more ahead of them when they started. How? Because I have the team, the knowledge and the drive to do so. Besides that, we’re passionate about this and we’re real, not just copies who are here for a buck, this is who we are and progressing the company with new products and designs isn’t work, it’s play to us.

http://www.adv1wheels.com/blog/the-w...ret-entourage/


or how about:

Our wheels are simple, timeless, and at the same time recognizable in a crowd of other styles. Why? Our wheels aren't designed by a contracted engineer, a hired staff member, or any other type of industrial engineer, they're designed by our company's President, Jordan Swerdloff. What this means is, ADV.1 is not a wheel brand like all the others, making replicas of all the other wheels, instead it's a design company, who's own president is the designer. This isn't something we got into because it looked profitable, it's something we've simply always been. It's similar to an artist painting for profit, mimicing what he or she thinks will sell as opposed to an artist painting for their own enjoyment and from the heart. We've been obsessed with automotive design our whole lives and that's what led us to this business, that's what sets us apart from the others.

http://adv1wheels.com/process/process.php

Last edited by Pertplus; 02-04-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Pertplus is offline   United_States
0
      02-04-2014, 10:06 PM   #4
Night Hawk
USAF/ Veteran/ F-16 Crew Chief
 
Night Hawk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 MR M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida

Posts: 359
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Night Hawk Send a message via Yahoo to Night Hawk
__________________

- Greg Professional Table Flipper
Night Hawk is offline   United_States
0
      02-04-2014, 10:13 PM   #5
aus
Major General
 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

Posts: 7,298
iTrader: (5)

I tried to warn those fuuls on the M5 board here about ADV, but instead got banned for doing so.
They're a very CLOSED minded group there and feel superior to us lowly M3 guys. Some of us lowly M3 buys could get an M5 if we wanted to drive a boat around... a very fast boat, but still a boat.

.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
aus is offline  
0
      02-04-2014, 11:20 PM   #6
SuckaGDog
Private First Class
 
Drives: M5
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: DFW, TX

Posts: 197
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I tried to warn those fuuls on the M5 board here about ADV, but instead got banned for doing so.
They're a very CLOSED minded group there and feel superior to us lowly M3 guys. Some of us lowly M3 buys could get an M5 if we wanted to drive a boat around... a very fast boat, but still a boat.

.
Do you mean M5board.com or like the M5 sub section forum on here? From what I'm aware both know about ADV1's bad business practices.
SuckaGDog is offline  
0
      02-04-2014, 11:38 PM   #7
khanhdom
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 354
iTrader: (2)

you seem to be a bit obsessive with adv1 and bashing their company

pretty ridiculous to claim a color as copying another company, since there has been silver wheels before adv1 started in business or even 360 forged, should they not make silver wheels? lol

anywho nice m5 lol
khanhdom is offline  
0
      02-04-2014, 11:42 PM   #8
Pertplus
Colonel
 
Pertplus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 C2S
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Diego, California

Posts: 2,217
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanhdom
you seem to be a bit obsessive with adv1 and bashing their company

pretty ridiculous to claim a color as copying another company, since there has been silver wheels before adv1 started in business or even 360 forged, should they not make silver wheels? lol

anywho nice m5 lol
You mean it's normal for them to say that every other wheel company just copies them? Did you read the quotes? It's funny because you always seem to be sticking up for them. Curious, what wheels do you own? Someone just sent me this today so I figured to post it.
Pertplus is offline   United_States
0
      02-04-2014, 11:46 PM   #9
aus
Major General
 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

Posts: 7,298
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaGDog View Post
Do you mean M5board.com or like the M5 sub section forum on here? From what I'm aware both know about ADV1's bad business practices.
The sub-forum here; they LOVE ADV on the sub-forum here.
I linked a couple of the ADV threads here and they just blew it off as a few guys jumping on the bandwagon to bash ADV. I was going to post specific posts about what they said about TUV certification, but got banned even though I didn't attach anyone and they were totally bashing me personally.

.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
aus is offline  
0
      02-04-2014, 11:51 PM   #10
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
 
radiantm3's Avatar
 
Drives: >1000 HP in my garage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Danville, CA

Posts: 3,766
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [4.80]
2013 BMW X5M  [4.33]
So basically ADV1 is the brand for owners with too much money and not enough brains.
__________________
(1:40 @ Laguna Seca, 2:03 @ Thunderhill, 1:52 @ Infineon)
radiantm3 is offline   United_States
0
      02-04-2014, 11:54 PM   #11
Pertplus
Colonel
 
Pertplus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 C2S
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Diego, California

Posts: 2,217
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
I got not problems with someone saying they like ADV1 or their wheels. My problem is their marketing campaign/strategy is consistently contradicted by their own nonsense. How can you be a wheel company that hasn't even been around a decade and just got your TUV certification and then dub yourself The Designer of the Wheel Industry? How can you claim that every other company copies styles and designs but then you blatantly do that and post it on your own social media website?

Khandom? Any explanation?
Pertplus is offline   United_States
0
      02-04-2014, 11:56 PM   #12
Pertplus
Colonel
 
Pertplus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 C2S
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Diego, California

Posts: 2,217
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
I mean....
Attached Images
  
Pertplus is offline   United_States
0
      02-05-2014, 12:00 AM   #13
khanhdom
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 354
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertplus View Post
You mean it's normal for them to say that every other wheel company just copies them? Did you read the quotes? It's funny because you always seem to be sticking up for them. Curious, what wheels do you own? Someone just sent me this today so I figured to post it.
sure they're pretty cocky with their wheels and everybody will think they are the best at what they do. the marketing is working for them obviously, so they are going to continue to do it.

I do have a set of ADV1 wheels coming but also going to be getting S101's later in the year, and I have some rebarreled Work Equips.
khanhdom is offline  
0
      02-05-2014, 12:04 AM   #14
Jbook
Major
 
Jbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 ESS E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Bay Area

Posts: 1,227
iTrader: (20)

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [4.72]
Putting the quality and look of their wheels to the side, I just think the owner and employees come off as HUGE d-bags.
__________________
ESS VT2-625 w/ DCT Software | Stack Gauges | 19" BBS FI | Ohlins R&T w/ Vorshlag CPs | Dinan Sway Bar, Strut Braces, & Pedals | Fire Orange Brembo GT 380 F&R w/ Endless Pads | Akrapovic GT4 | Vorsteiner GTS-V Lip & White Piped Floormats | 3D Design Diffuser | Platte Forme CF Side Skirt Extensions | BMW Performance Seats, CF Spoiler, CF Mirror Covers w/ M5 Paint Scheme, & Performance Steering Wheel w/ White Stripe
Jbook is offline  
0
      02-05-2014, 12:10 AM   #15
Pertplus
Colonel
 
Pertplus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 C2S
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Diego, California

Posts: 2,217
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanhdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertplus View Post
You mean it's normal for them to say that every other wheel company just copies them? Did you read the quotes? It's funny because you always seem to be sticking up for them. Curious, what wheels do you own? Someone just sent me this today so I figured to post it.
sure they're pretty cocky with their wheels and everybody will think they are the best at what they do. the marketing is working for them obviously, so they are going to continue to do it.

I do have a set of ADV1 wheels coming but also going to be getting S101's later in the year, and I have some rebarreled Work Equips.
Now that makes sense! Good luck with your ADV1s. Can't wait until you post pics!
Pertplus is offline   United_States
0
      02-05-2014, 12:14 AM   #16
khanhdom
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 354
iTrader: (2)

I do understand they can come off as douchey though, but it is Miami, city of the douchebags lol

but I have done some personal research, they seem to have fixed their quality issues from previous years. There is a big shop here in Houston and I have seen them in person and on cars.
khanhdom is offline  
0
      02-05-2014, 12:40 AM   #17
avex8
Captain
 
avex8's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 E92 M3, 13 X3 35i, 14 650i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 731
iTrader: (2)

OP, i like the red over your new silver color for ur m5
avex8 is offline  
0
      02-05-2014, 12:48 AM   #18
Pertplus
Colonel
 
Pertplus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 C2S
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Diego, California

Posts: 2,217
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by avex8
OP, i like the red over your new silver color for ur m5
Ok and?
Pertplus is offline   United_States
0
      02-05-2014, 12:57 AM   #19
avex8
Captain
 
avex8's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 E92 M3, 13 X3 35i, 14 650i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 731
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertplus
Quote:
Originally Posted by avex8
OP, i like the red over your new silver color for ur m5
Ok and?
And adv is better than HRE.

Jkjk nice car
avex8 is offline  
0
      02-05-2014, 01:43 AM   #20
Pertplus
Colonel
 
Pertplus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 C2S
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Diego, California

Posts: 2,217
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbook
Putting the quality and look of their wheels to the side, I just think the owner and employees come off as HUGE d-bags.
No way....
Attached Images
  
Pertplus is offline   United_States
0
      02-05-2014, 02:10 AM   #21
Millie
Second Lieutenant
 
Millie's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kamloops/Alberta

Posts: 241
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
So basically ADV1 is the brand for owners with too much money and not enough brains.
Funny enough before I bought my M3 thats what I thought about BMW drivers. After reading the forums for almost a year now, I can confirm its true.
__________________
09 E92 SG M3
Dinan Stuff
Millie is offline   Canada
0
      02-05-2014, 03:19 AM   #22
BlackJetE90
Colonel
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: e90

Posts: 2,231
iTrader: (0)

Aren't all ADV.1 made in MHT facilities in California? They are basically just wheel designers.
BlackJetE90 is offline  
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST