BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-01-2014, 07:35 AM   #1
Rupes
Lieutenant
 
Rupes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ohio

Posts: 587
iTrader: (0)

Steering audio settings reversed?

Hey guys, the two buttons that change the track forward / back are reversed on my steering wheel. When I push the "up" arrow it goes back to the previous song and when I push the "down" arrow it skips to the next song! Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?
Rupes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2014, 09:02 AM   #2
MineralWeiss
USAF Retired
 
Drives: 2011 BMW M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Oklahoma City

Posts: 249
iTrader: (0)

I'm pretty sure that's the way it's supposed to be. If you have idrive the list of songs will appear on the screen in a list format so using the down arrow will go to the next song on the list which is down.

It frustrates me that my Dodge Ram is configured the way you suggest. The list on my screen is displayed like a list also, but the arrows are opposite of navigating the list. So if I want the next song down on my playlist, I have to hit the up arrow.
MineralWeiss is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2014, 09:34 AM   #3
Rupes
Lieutenant
 
Rupes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ohio

Posts: 587
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralWeiss
I'm pretty sure that's the way it's supposed to be. If you have idrive the list of songs will appear on the screen in a list format so using the down arrow will go to the next song on the list which is down.

It frustrates me that my Dodge Ram is configured the way you suggest. The list on my screen is displayed like a list also, but the arrows are opposite of navigating the list. So if I want the next song down on my playlist, I have to hit the up arrow.
Ahh, thanks. That makes sense. My last BMW didn't have idrive so the opposite was true.
Rupes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2014, 12:41 AM   #4
M3AG
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP, 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gatineau

Posts: 228
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupes View Post
Hey guys, the two buttons that change the track forward / back are reversed on my steering wheel. When I push the "up" arrow it goes back to the previous song and when I push the "down" arrow it skips to the next song! Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?
My E90 without iDrive is the same and my M3 with iDrive is reversed.
M3AG is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2014, 10:43 PM   #5
premo
[IMG]http://www.bimmerpost.com/*****s/attachment.
 
premo's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 ///M3 Jerez Black
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Ohio

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

2008 M3 iphone 5 connectivity

Hey all,

I just picked up an 08 Jerez black M3 two days ago and have a few questions about iphone 5. I have ios 7.1 and have a usb port and small case for an ipod, attached to the center console, inside. I could not get my iphone to read in the idrive menu, I did attempt using the "external device" feature. Currently, I am using the a car charger and aux port. If I use the y-cable, will I be able to control my iphone 5 through the idrive system. I would like full integration, if possible. Also, I had an Alpine custom stereo in my last car and I was able to run my "maps navigation" app through the car stereo, can I do this with a 2008 M3? In addition. I have got the bluetooth sync to work well, but haven't got music to play through car using bluetooth. I am new to this car so any help would be appreciated, thanks. Lastly, the M3 is AWESOME!
premo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2014, 01:04 AM   #6
M3AG
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP, 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gatineau

Posts: 228
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by premp View Post
Hey all,

I just picked up an 08 Jerez black M3 two days ago and have a few questions about iphone 5. I have ios 7.1 and have a usb port and small case for an ipod, attached to the center console, inside. I could not get my iphone to read in the idrive menu, I did attempt using the "external device" feature. Currently, I am using the a car charger and aux port. If I use the y-cable, will I be able to control my iphone 5 through the idrive system. I would like full integration, if possible. Also, I had an Alpine custom stereo in my last car and I was able to run my "maps navigation" app through the car stereo, can I do this with a 2008 M3? In addition. I have got the bluetooth sync to work well, but haven't got music to play through car using bluetooth. I am new to this car so any help would be appreciated, thanks. Lastly, the M3 is AWESOME!
You have to use the Y-cable to play music from your iphone 5 (you'll need lightning convertor). With iphone 4 and ipod classic you will get full integration but not sure about iphone 5.
Read this thread:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758529

Not sure what you mean by "Maps Navigation" app.
M3AG is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2014, 12:02 AM   #7
d0o0fy
Private
 
d0o0fy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Let's Go Pens

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupes
Hey guys, the two buttons that change the track forward / back are reversed on my steering wheel. When I push the "up" arrow it goes back to the previous song and when I push the "down" arrow it skips to the next song! Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?
I was confused the exact same way when I made the switch from the 135i (no iDrive) to the M3. Then a quick look in the manual and playing with the on-screen menus using the steering controls confirmed that everything was working the way it should be even though it's reversed from the 135i controls and (in my opinion) counter-intuitive.
d0o0fy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #8
MilkAndRelish
Member
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Spd
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SoCal

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupes View Post
Hey guys, the two buttons that change the track forward / back are reversed on my steering wheel. When I push the "up" arrow it goes back to the previous song and when I push the "down" arrow it skips to the next song! Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?
Yes- mine is like this too. I HATE IT. I wonder if there's an easy way to reprogram this?
__________________

2008 BMW M3 Coupe | 6-Speed | SSII | Stock
SOLD: 2008 BMW 135i Coupe | 6-Speed | AW | Stock
MilkAndRelish is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2014, 04:37 AM   #9
premo
[IMG]http://www.bimmerpost.com/*****s/attachment.
 
premo's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 ///M3 Jerez Black
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Ohio

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Got the Y cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AG
Quote:
Originally Posted by premp View Post
Hey all,

I just picked up an 08 Jerez black M3 two days ago and have a few questions about iphone 5. I have ios 7.1 and have a usb port and small case for an ipod, attached to the center console, inside. I could not get my iphone to read in the idrive menu, I did attempt using the "external device" feature. Currently, I am using the a car charger and aux port. If I use the y-cable, will I be able to control my iphone 5 through the idrive system. I would like full integration, if possible. Also, I had an Alpine custom stereo in my last car and I was able to run my "maps navigation" app through the car stereo, can I do this with a 2008 M3? In addition. I have got the bluetooth sync to work well, but haven't got music to play through car using bluetooth. I am new to this car so any help would be appreciated, thanks. Lastly, the M3 is AWESOME!
You have to use the Y-cable to play music from your iphone 5 (you'll need lightning convertor). With iphone 4 and ipod classic you will get full integration but not sure about iphone 5.
Read this thread:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758529

Not sure what you mean by "Maps Navigation" app.
I bought the Y cable for $10.39 on Amazon and it works well. I have full integration,etc... Maps etc.... And music. I can control it all through I drive.
premo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST