BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

12-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #23
Paul@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 335i, E60 M5, E92 M3, R56 MCS

Many of our customers do the same. That's why we have always tried to build an upgrade path with our products. Hence the tune, xpipe, full exhaust, supercharger options we offer. We also give discounts to customers moving up that ladder to our SC.

In general you are never going to be happy forever with any amount of power. Personally I think going tune and xpipe/test pipes first, living with that for a while until your used to it, then going SC, is the best bet. Stretches out your enjoyment.

Saying that I've yet to come across a customer that is 'used' to the power the kit supplies!
Paul@Evolve is offline   United Kingdom
      01-03-2014, 07:37 PM   #24
biglare
Brigadier General

Drives: ?

I'd go with an ESS Tune with exhaust and then when you have the cash, upgrade to the ESS Supercharger! This is a natural upgrade progression offered by several S/C companies.

One last thing, I'd be a very cautious if you choose to Supercharge your M3 and then decide to have a company that does not make Superchargers tune it for you. Why in the world would you want someone else to tune a Supercharged car other than the company that researched, tested and developed the Supercharger? That to me is just ridiculous!

At any rate, enjoy your M3 in good health!
      01-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #25
JEllis
Brigadier General

Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare View Post
I'd go with an ESS Tune with exhaust and then when you have the cash, upgrade to the ESS Supercharger! This is a natural upgrade progression offered by several S/C companies.

One last thing, I'd be a very cautious if you choose to Supercharge your M3 and then decide to have a company that does not make Superchargers tune it for you. Why in the world would you want someone else to tune a Supercharged car other than the company that researched, tested and developed the Supercharger? That to me is just ridiculous!

At any rate, enjoy your M3 in good health!
The different SC kit manufacturers are defined by their tunes. The raw parts (SC, manifold etc...) are the easy things to produce while the tune is the tricky part.
      01-05-2014, 02:03 PM   #26
lenzm3edan
First Pride

Drives: E90, Mercedes C300, subi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius Black View Post
I went the NA tuned route before going SC. If I had it to do over again, I would have skipped the NA tune, Pulleys, and drop in filter. That was about $1500 I could have saved and spent on the SC.
+1 on the above as I had the same issue but if you have the extra cash just go with the 625 kit. I love my 550 kit + cat delete as it's plenty fast but as most will tell you power is addicting.

01-05-2014, 10:56 PM   #27
spool twice
Rainbow Racer

Drives: S65B40

I would save for an S/C...I can barely feel a difference in my "go-fast" portions of mods I have.
Now gone
spool twice is offline   United_States
      01-05-2014, 10:59 PM   #28
M3Captain
Banned

Drives: M3 and a McDonnell Douglas

Neither.... buy a faster car.....
M3Captain is offline   Greece
      01-05-2014, 11:18 PM   #29
Ezio
Colonel

Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Captain View Post
Neither.... buy a faster car.....
wait a M3 is not the fastest car around?

hehe
      01-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #30
KennyPowers
Brigadier General

Drives: .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinm3 View Post
Supercharger is a lot of fun, but I learned my lesson when I did my E46, the feeling of throwing away money is not good, doesn't matter how well you take care of it ppl will always think there is something wrong or about to go wrong with the car when it's time to sell. My E92 is staying NA (Currently with all bolt ons). I'll wait for the new M to come out and play with that instead. It won't be long before the E9X platform start looking aged and won't be the shit anymore. DCT's having issues and more horror engine issues, who knows, vanos, subframe, diffs. It's your money I know but this is my .02.
totally agree, and I came from an e46 sc as well.

I loved the kit, but was always nervous about it and it was a PITA to remove and sell and I just wasn't happy about the total amount of money I had in the car (which really wasn't much since the e46 cars are much cheaper to mod than e9x)

I don't think I would ever boost an N/A car again, jmo.