BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

GT Haus

12-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #45
checkmate
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: AW M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post
yea, but it doesnt have the driving dynamics and soul of the M3/M4.lol
You're kiddin right? M3/M4s 'soul' is long gone with the S65 engine. The new turbo variant has none. Its a vacuum machine with exhaust flaps.

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #46
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep

Drives: chariot

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
You're kiddin right? M3/M4s 'soul' is long gone with the S65 engine. The new turbo variant has none. Its a vacuum machine with exhaust flaps.
I was being sarcastic. VERY sarcastic. Its a knock to the koolaid sipping fanbois.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 12:27 AM   #47
davcrz5
Private
Rep

Drives: X5 M Sport 2011, ISF 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
IMO Lexus doesn't make good performance cars for consumers to purchase so that's why I can't take the badge seriously. Don't get me wrong the LFA is great and all, but for the price and what it does there are other cars I rather have and a lot of people would too.
Interesting statement, you would be current if this were 6 yrs ago Lexus made luxury cars with no real sport or performance models in there line up but that's not so true anymore. First in 2008 they released IS-F, with major update that occurred in 2011 fixing many complaints regarding it's handling enabling it to catch up in handling department, then 2010 they release LFA and yes there are faster cars for the money, with more HP etc, but then again only 500 will ever be made and each one is already worth more than what they were sold for, spun carbon fiber body and other exotic materials used to build it, and then there sound at WOT!!! just insane sounds like F1 car. All that tech Lexus used to to create LFA is now being incorporating into there current line up such as IS,GS,RC and up coming LF-LC concept which will be cheaper version of LFA.

When R/T, C/D, and several other mag and internet blog compared 2013 335i M vs IS350 F Sport the Lexus came out on top not because it was faster than 335 it was actually slightly slower, what IS350 F-sport did was out handled 335, and was more fun car to drive,with more communicative chassis. Similar out come happen when 535iM was compared to GS350 F Sport it was lexus that came out on top with all reviewer claiming GS to be better handling car more fun to drive as well.

I just saw a review of new LS 460 F sport by Matt Farah in nut shell is said it was nicely equipped, very good sporty car not canyon carver but good DD with very good handling car but needed more power but that he liked how Lexus is doing the the fine tuning of suspension dynamic and handling of there cars (made same comment about Is350F sport) first before throwing large amounts of HP like AMG did in early 2000's. I remember those car they were fast in straight line but could handle at all.

I'm not inferring that Lexus is some how now better than BMW that would be silly they both produce great cars Lexus is playing catch up and have step up there game just like Audi and Cadillac have done.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #48
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep

Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
OMG! That's fugly. I don't care how many hp's it has.
Quote:
No offense to anyone but I can't take a Lexus badge seriously
lol..dude..please stop posting...

Edit...May I ask why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Too bad it is hideous.

Lexus is finally stepping up performance and driving dynamics, but now they are ruining the exterior styling.
Fanboyism at its best.
Whine about how ugly the GTR is now this. I understood the gtr not being sexy but this too?

Geeze.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #49
BlackJetE90
Colonel
Rep

Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattixxg View Post
Fanboyism at its best.
Whine about how ugly the GTR is now this. I understood the gtr not being sexy but this too?

Geeze.
Why is that a fanboy comment? What am I a fanboy of, it certainly isn't BMW. They basically don't have a current model I give a sh*t about.

The GTR is great. It is an amazing car and looks fantastic. I could care less what badge are on cars, as long as they look good and drive good. American, German, Japanese, etc...

So I am a fanboy if I believe Lexus is ruining the styling of their cars. I would drive a IS-F all day long, the styling is more refined. Let me know if you find the LF-NX attractive.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #50
GreeKon
It ain't gonna suck itself
Rep

Drives: 2010 M3

I use the same method for buying cars as I do with buying clothes. If it fits me well...I'm sold. I couldn't care less who thinks what about my possessions. I bought what I have because it suits me the best. A lot of people buy things because it projects status...so sad.

I'm not brand loyal by ANY means...but I understand why people find it difficult to break away from the //M badge. It combines everything they're looking for, in an unbelievable package. What I DON'T understand...is why those same people neglect to recognize a great competitor, all because of a badge (or lack there of).

Btw: Not saying any of you are these people. I'm just making a statement.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #51
rjd598
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 10' M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by davcrz5 View Post
Interesting statement, you would be current if this were 6 yrs ago Lexus made luxury cars with no real sport or performance models in there line up but that's not so true anymore. First in 2008 they released IS-F, with major update that occurred in 2011 fixing many complaints regarding it's handling enabling it to catch up in handling department, then 2010 they release LFA and yes there are faster cars for the money, with more HP etc, but then again only 500 will ever be made and each one is already worth more than what they were sold for, spun carbon fiber body and other exotic materials used to build it, and then there sound at WOT!!! just insane sounds like F1 car. All that tech Lexus used to to create LFA is now being incorporating into there current line up such as IS,GS,RC and up coming LF-LC concept which will be cheaper version of LFA.

When R/T, C/D, and several other mag and internet blog compared 2013 335i M vs IS350 F Sport the Lexus came out on top not because it was faster than 335 it was actually slightly slower, what IS350 F-sport did was out handled 335, and was more fun car to drive,with more communicative chassis. Similar out come happen when 535iM was compared to GS350 F Sport it was lexus that came out on top with all reviewer claiming GS to be better handling car more fun to drive as well.

I just saw a review of new LS 460 F sport by Matt Farah in nut shell is said it was nicely equipped, very good sporty car not canyon carver but good DD with very good handling car but needed more power but that he liked how Lexus is doing the the fine tuning of suspension dynamic and handling of there cars (made same comment about Is350F sport) first before throwing large amounts of HP like AMG did in early 2000's. I remember those car they were fast in straight line but could handle at all.

I'm not inferring that Lexus is some how now better than BMW that would be silly they both produce great cars Lexus is playing catch up and have step up there game just like Audi and Cadillac have done.
you make some great points, but that still doesn't do it for me. it's a personal opinion and many will disagree or agree, but it doesn't really matter. if you buy a lexus and you are happy with your decision then good because that's all that matters. it's just my opinion that lexus doesn't have a strong performance image and I wasn't really referring to their normal cars with sport packages I was talking more about cars that could compare to M models. like I said LFA: great. ISF: eh whatever really because the c63 and m3 get way more of the spotlight and for a good reason. like I said just all my opinion.
      12-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #52
rjd598
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute View Post
so cereal
      12-28-2013, 04:45 AM   #53
davcrz5
Private
Rep

Quote:
you make some great points, but that still doesn't do it for me. it's a personal opinion and many will disagree or agree, but it doesn't really matter. if you buy a lexus and you are happy with your decision then good because that's all that matters. it's just my opinion that lexus doesn't have a strong performance image and I wasn't really referring to their normal cars with sport packages I was talking more about cars that could compare to M models. like I said LFA: great. ISF: eh whatever really because the c63 and m3 get way more of the spotlight and for a good reason. like I said just all my opinion.
I just like to start by saying you are right it just your opinion, and you have every right in world to your opinion, this not meant to be pissing match and if you don't care for Lexus vehicles you have every right to voice your opinion. I actual agree with you with your first half of your statement especially part about Lexus not having strong performance image you are right about that and they are trying to change image it will take some time.

But the second half of your statement is when you lost me when you flip flopped and said that you weren't and I quote [referring their normal cars with sport packages I was talking more about cars that could compare to M models] it kind of sounds like cop out to me just my opinion 535iM and 335iM BMW models lost to Lexus GS Sport ,IS350 Sport in these comparison but this doesn't count because what you meant was this only applied to car that could compare to M models interesting. Even though 335 and 535 have dominated there respective category for years and years with every auto mag ,car enthusiast, blog,etc. My friends and fellow enthusiast considering 335 to be a very capable sporty car and with chip, tune and down pipe give stock M3 or ISF a run for there money just my opinion.

As far as C63AMG and M3 getting way more of the spot light yes they do. The M3 has been around over 20yrs, AMG Merc's have also bee around over 20yrs as well with both of these cars helping to define the segment.Where as ISF is new kid on block having only been around now for 6yrs with roughly 11,000 total world wide sales for past 6 yrs. Many non car enthusiast don't even know what ISF is, let alone that it has 5.0 V8. Will just have to agree to disagree once for now.

Happy Holidays, hey RJD598 since your such fan of ISf here some pics of mine lol just kidding.

2011 ISF with PPE jet hot coat ceramic Headers, Joe-Z Intake and stainless cat back exhaust -cats, AFE hi flow filter, skicky sway bar
Name:  20131224_195620 resized.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  100.6 KB

Name:  2013-09-10 23.22.16.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  86.8 KB

Name:  2013-09-17 23.32.46.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  121.7 KB
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #54
GreeKon
Rep

^Nice ride my mans....but you're no match for this guy and his EPIC review. Lolzzzzz Enjoy

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #55
rjd598
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I just like to start by saying you are right it just your opinion, and you have every right in world to your opinion, this not meant to be pissing match and if you don't care for Lexus vehicles you have every right to voice your opinion. I actual agree with you with your first half of your statement especially part about Lexus not having strong performance image you are right about that and they are trying to change image it will take some time.

But the second half of your statement is when you lost me when you flip flopped and said that you weren't and I quote [referring their normal cars with sport packages I was talking more about cars that could compare to M models] it kind of sounds like cop out to me just my opinion 535iM and 335iM BMW models lost to Lexus GS Sport ,IS350 Sport in these comparison but this doesn't count because what you meant was this only applied to car that could compare to M models interesting. Even though 335 and 535 have dominated there respective category for years and years with every auto mag ,car enthusiast, blog,etc. My friends and fellow enthusiast considering 335 to be a very capable sporty car and with chip, tune and down pipe give stock M3 or ISF a run for there money just my opinion.

As far as C63AMG and M3 getting way more of the spot light yes they do. The M3 has been around over 20yrs, AMG Merc's have also bee around over 20yrs as well with both of these cars helping to define the segment.Where as ISF is new kid on block having only been around now for 6yrs with roughly 11,000 total world wide sales for past 6 yrs. Many non car enthusiast don't even know what ISF is, let alone that it has 5.0 V8. Will just have to agree to disagree once for now.

Happy Holidays, hey RJD598 since your such fan of ISf here some pics of mine lol just kidding.

2011 ISF with PPE jet hot coat ceramic Headers, Joe-Z Intake and stainless cat back exhaust -cats, AFE hi flow filter, skicky sway
Once again you make some great points and I'm glad we both had a very civilized and mature discussion. I said earlier in this thread that I'll give credit to a car when it deserves it regardless of brand and my hats off to Lexus for beating out 3/5 series. I have no problem with that and I don't even find it hard to believe. Believe it or not I have a friend who was in the market for a new car and I told him to consider the new IS. The IS has always been a very good looking model in it's class compared to 3 series , c class, and a4. It's always stood out at least for me. Stock for stock they have beautiful designs and it doesn't fall short for the IS-F. Yours is pretty badass and I'm sure it sounds awesome as well
      12-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #56
davcrz5
Private
Rep

UOTE=GreeKon;15183223]^Nice ride my mans....but you're no match for this guy and his EPIC review. Lolzzzzz Enjoy

[/quote]

Greekon pretty funny I remember this video from about 4 years ago,the guy doesn't know much about cars you can Tell lol this guy caught hell on ISF forums when he couldn't back up his claims . You can't tune ISF, ecu are locked no one has been able to crack one yet the owner of that car eventually pulled turbo out and sold it. Beside just my opinion but car sounded like ass lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #57
GreeKon
Rep

^ I love IS-F's....I get excited when I see one on the road (RARELY). I posted that video because I found it hilarious that he had all that work done to the car and he was clueless as to what it was. Oh and he talks like an idiot too...lol.

So not ONE company has ever cracked the ecu? That's insane. That car has been around for about 5 years...right?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #58
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep

http://www.autospies.com/news/photof...&photoid=49048
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 12:44 AM   #59
BlackJetE90
Colonel
Rep

^
Well the renders were correct, it is very ugly.

Patiently waiting for the Supra concept in Detroit. A new Supra could be epic.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 01:40 AM   #60
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep

Well, the new M3/M4 isnt a looker either.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 01:56 AM   #61
davcrz5
Private
Rep

[Q84075]Once again you make some great points and I'm glad we both had a very civilized and mature discussion. I said earlier in this thread that I'll give credit to a car when it deserves it regardless of brand and my hats off to Lexus for beating out 3/5 series. I have no problem with that and I don't even find it hard to believe. Believe it or not I have a friend who was in the market for a new car and I told him to consider the new IS. The IS has always been a very good looking model in it's class compared to 3 series , c class, and a4. It's always stood out at least for me. Stock for stock they have beautiful designs and it doesn't fall short for the IS-F. Yours is pretty badass and I'm sure it sounds awesome as well[/quote]

No problem RJD the reality is M3, ISF, C63, RS5 all of these cars are pretty close performance wise, they all have pros and cons it comes down to personal preference can't go wrong with any of them. It great to have so many Kool cars to pick from. Oh and thanks luv the way my F sounds. When it was stock it sounded good, with cat back great and fantastic once I add headers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeKon View Post
^ I love IS-F's....I get excited when I see one on the road (RARELY). I posted that video because I found it hilarious that he had all that work done to the car and he was clueless as to what it was. Oh and he talks like an idiot too...lol.

So not ONE company has ever cracked the ecu? That's insane. That car has been around for about 5 years...right?
Unfortunately for ISF owners no one has been able to crack the ECU for Lexus or Toyota that includes all those Supra making big horse power.There all running standalone systems. There are still few owners trying to work on that problem. The ISF community is small and there grassroots effort trying to solve problem with the ECU. For me personally this is has been both good and also bad. It's a good thing because for the first time in 15 years I haven't put any sort of forced induction on my car,
this has kept the car very reliable and saved me a ton of cash lol. Bad because I still want a little more horsepower .
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 02:06 AM   #62
davcrz5
Private
Rep

Latest pic of RC -F from Japanese auto mag
Name:  image-1.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  93.1 KB
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 02:47 AM   #63
BlackJetE90
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post
Well, the new M3/M4 isnt a looker either.
I agree. But that thing is beyond ugly.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 03:04 AM   #64
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
I agree. But that thing is beyond ugly.
You know what? I'm not a jap car fan. At all. I never liked them. But for once, I gotta say this Lexus looks ok. It looks or reminds me of the Audi RS5. I'm sure once all the pics are released I'll go back to hating it because the jap companies always find a way of over styling and making their cars look like robots.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 03:17 AM   #65
fbm3cab
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Drives: M3

If I HAD to decide on an alternative to my e93 m3 then there would be dozens of cars Id choose before this.

I have a hard time keeping a straight face when I look at it.

Quote:
Latest pic of RC -F from Japanese auto mag
Attachment 957422
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 06:59 AM   #66
GreeKon
Rep

Quote: