BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-14-2007, 06:50 PM   #1
gbb357
Captain
24
Rep
707
Posts

 
Drives: IS300
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

e92 M3 or GTR for $69,800:

Now granted we still don't know how much the M3 is, but considering the bargain price for the GTR at $69.8k, this could complicate things for customers.


Here's the official price released on the GTR.
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/14/l...ain-at-69-850/
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:58 PM   #2
Sedan_Clan
Banned
Brazil
130
Rep
10,918
Posts

 
Drives: '14 335i(prev.IB,AW M3's & X5)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (25)

I'll still take an ///M. It's more my style.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:59 PM   #3
JEllis
Brigadier General
JEllis's Avatar
84
Rep
4,783
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD CA/Yuma

iTrader: (4)

2000 GTR's are coming each year to the USA to only select dealers. Do you actually believe anyone is going to sell these babies at MSRP?

Very very hard to get a hold of one of these.... too bad

Jason
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14547_7.gif
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 07:02 PM   #4
gbb357
Captain
24
Rep
707
Posts

 
Drives: IS300
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
2000 GTR's are coming each year to the USA to only select dealers. Do you actually believe anyone is going to sell these babies at MSRP?

Very very hard to get a hold of one of these.... too bad

Jason

You're probably right, guarantee it's easily a $10k mark up.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 07:05 PM   #5
JEllis
Brigadier General
JEllis's Avatar
84
Rep
4,783
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD CA/Yuma

iTrader: (4)

A few will probably be able to get one at MSRP and that most likely will happen in the second or third years of production.

In my opinion the Bimmer, while slower, is more of a car and you get a little more for your money.

The GTR is a niche auto that will appeal to a small percentage of buyers. Nissan knows this and thus the small distribution to the US.

Jason
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14547_7.gif
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 07:06 PM   #6
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
607
Rep
6,748
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

All I say is: 1675kg!

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 07:16 PM   #7
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
NavNurs's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
308
Posts

 
Drives: E92 / S2000 beater
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Amazing performance!

Oh schidt, amazing price as well!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 07:52 PM   #8
ToddMcF2002
Private First Class
1
Rep
120
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 (Sold)
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

I heard only certain dealerships will have the training to maintain them. Huge show stopper IMO.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 08:19 PM   #9
masmole
Lieutenant
6
Rep
489
Posts

 
Drives: 07 RS4, 07 ML63, 06 M5
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

I called 5 Nissan dealers here in the Chicago area to inquire about the GTR (not really interested but considered putting a deposit down just in case I change my mind). On average, these dealers made it clear than there will be a $10-20k mark-up on the car, and one dealer even had the nerve to ask for a $5k deposit! LOL! It's a Nissan not a Ferrari for chrissakes. Anyhow, it's going to be a very fast and well-sorted 'supercar' for the techno-savvy who enjoys all the gimmicks and almost everything about the car has my name written on it, especially the bang-for-the-buck factor. Only one problem: fast doesn't cure fugly.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 08:53 PM   #10
gbb357
Captain
24
Rep
707
Posts

 
Drives: IS300
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Even at $80k it's still a bargain considering what's available out there. The RS4's where selling for $80k when it first came out also and the base price where $66k. I just hope they give better service than the average Nissan service. But then again the Z06 and Viper customers are in the same position and it does'nt seem to be any problems there.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 09:21 PM   #11
Robert
Major General
118
Rep
6,902
Posts

 
Drives: 135i, current is350
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

I will lean towards GTR
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 11:39 PM   #12
swamp2
Lieutenant General
swamp2's Avatar
United_States
215
Rep
10,201
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masmole View Post
I called 5 Nissan dealers here in the Chicago area to inquire about the GTR (not really interested but considered putting a deposit down just in case I change my mind). On average, these dealers made it clear than there will be a $10-20k mark-up on the car, and one dealer even had the nerve to ask for a $5k deposit! LOL! It's a Nissan not a Ferrari for chrissakes. Anyhow, it's going to be a very fast and well-sorted 'supercar' for the techno-savvy who enjoys all the gimmicks and almost everything about the car has my name written on it, especially the bang-for-the-buck factor. Only one problem: fast doesn't cure fugly.
No denying the performance (except my lingering questions about the Ring time...) nor the bang for the buck but not really a car for me. Sheesh and that story above is Chicago, granted a very cosmopolitan city, but not nearly as car crazy as the West Coast. Who knows what will happen here. Do I hear $25k over, $30k over?

As much as I am a techno-savy kind of guy the interior design is really over the top for me. Sure I like all the amazing information and customizaton you get on the in car screen, but it is simply way too Gran Turismo for me. Does this car only appeal to young rich video game magnates?

The biggest remaining problem was clearly stated above,
Quote:
fast doesn't cure fugly
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2007, 12:12 AM   #13
coaster
Private First Class
coaster's Avatar
4
Rep
123
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Sure but as they say where I come from

"fugly ... is in the eyes of the beholder"

but "fast" is not!


If this car comes even $5K under the M3, I am gettin' one. It's starting to grow on me (especially the "fast" part).
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2007, 01:46 AM   #14
swamp2
Lieutenant General
swamp2's Avatar
United_States
215
Rep
10,201
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

iTrader: (1)

Uhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
If this car comes even $5K under the M3, I am gettin' one. It's starting to grow on me (especially the "fast" part).
How is $70k base going to be a penny under a base of about $60k? Did you mean over instead of under? Even with that $10k error you are still probably off by about $5k still. Oh wait ... I think I got it, you are doing another "coaster" comparison of a fully loaded M3 vs. a base GT-R. Not to imply that that would put them in the same performance league either way.

Also, since you are getting one what price over sticker are you prepared to pay? And how many months ago did you find a US authorized GT-R dealer and get your name on the list....or did you simply mean you would get one in 2010, or simply that you want to get one?

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2007, 06:08 AM   #15
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
155
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Sorry guys, but given the choice I would take the GTR and if the rumours are true Nissan will be servicing the car free for the first three years which will go a long way to paying the difference between the two and when you factor in it's more rare, it's faster, will out perform it in every discipline.

But the word is that out of the 500 per year that will be coming to the UK, Nissan have orders for 2000 which means I won't be getting one any time soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2007, 06:41 AM   #16
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
Keto's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,585
Posts

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: WHO DAT NATION

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Sorry guys, but given the choice I would take the GTR and if the rumours are true Nissan will be servicing the car free for the first three years which will go a long way to paying the difference between the two
Does the UK not have free service from BMW? We have it for four years.... Doesn't affect a difference in TCO.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2007, 06:48 AM   #17
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
155
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
Does the UK not have free service from BMW? We have it for four years.... Doesn't affect a difference in TCO.
To be truthful I don't know, you see I drive an Audi at the minute and it doesn't offer free servicing that's for sure.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2007, 08:17 AM   #18
gbb357
Captain
24
Rep
707
Posts

 
Drives: IS300
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Fully loaded supposedly only goes up to $71k, and that's the premium model. The base already comes almost fully loaded. Here's the report from Edmunds. http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=123431
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2007, 08:21 AM   #19
gbb357
Captain
24
Rep
707
Posts

 
Drives: IS300
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
Sure but as they say where I come from

"fugly ... is in the eyes of the beholder"

but "fast" is not!



If this car comes even $5K under the M3, I am gettin' one. It's starting to grow on me (especially the "fast" part).
Very good point. I myselft think that the GTR is very nice looking.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2007, 08:58 AM   #20
termigni
Lieutenant
termigni's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
583
Posts

 
Drives: S2000, X5, 528xi, E92
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

even though M3 is more my style, i would take a GTR for what it is. its just mean car that represents one of Japan's best. You can't beat that.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2007, 09:08 AM   #21
termigni
Lieutenant
termigni's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
583
Posts

 
Drives: S2000, X5, 528xi, E92
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

i'll take a second hand GT R in 2010. thankyouverymuch.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2007, 11:37 AM   #22
spearfisher
Lieutenant
spearfisher's Avatar
6
Rep
409
Posts

 
Drives: C6 ZO6
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb357 View Post
Now granted we still don't know how much the M3 is, but considering the bargain price for the GTR at $69.8k, this could complicate things for customers.


Here's the official price released on the GTR.
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/14/l...ain-at-69-850/
it's gonig to be interesting to see how pricing is going to be for both
I'm sure dealers for both vehicles are going to be asking for a over msrp premium.

not too fond of the GTR looks, great performer though
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST