BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

GTB Performance

11-07-2007, 07:54 AM   #67
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post

You're really tough with BMW. Let me say this: There's always a place in the MT club exclusive for you!
True. However, we have a very strict recruitment policy. Not sure Swamp could pass it...
      11-07-2007, 07:57 AM   #68
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
True. However, we have a very strict recruitment policy. Not sure Swamp could pass it...
Swamp could blackmail you by saying he will stop running simulations for the forum if he is not admitted. I don't get the sense he's interested though from his last post here.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 10:29 AM   #69
ILC32
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 1993 Porsche RSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Yes and no. I think it's a quite good marketing strategy to launch it in the Convertible. What could better emphasize the qualities of the DCT than launching it on the really heavy convertible: If BMW can state that the E93 DCT times (0-62) are on par with the E92 MT times (dunno, but possible), everybody would say: Wow, imagine what DCT's benefits on the E92 will be...

Interesting thought. Hopefully you are correct.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #70
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
It makes a whole lot of sense to me, south. Reading back through the thread, when probed about DCT, Scott quoted one of his previous posts relating to the promotion of the convertible, and bolded a piece of it.

To me that is confirmation.

It seems fairly clear to me that he is saying that the DCT box will debut with the convertible at Geneva. I realize everyone will have their own belief system here, however. I guess what I am saying is - clearly Scott can't be verbose about things, so he will find other ways to clarify a point, such as taking the time to re-highlight something. Come on guys, its like Pictionary, when someone begins wildly underlining a word you've previous gotten correct.

$100 bucks to a charity says DCT on the convertible in Geneva. Who will take it?
Mike, for us who are sometimes very lazy can we bother you to requote exactly what was said and where? Seems like you are on to something here (as disappointing as it may be...). In the mean time I am not likely to take your bet!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 01:44 PM   #71
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Ouch! :sad0147:
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 03:12 PM   #72
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Drives: 335 cab,C-6 08, 73 911E 59 D,

TIming of the DCT

The Trans will be made available on all body styles come spring, they will likely release it at Geneva where the timing is good, but availability will
be on the Coupe and sedan as well

I throw a $100 that coupes and sedan deliveries will have DCT at or before the actual sale of the DCT in the convertible,

After watching the Dollar slide, better hope BMW hedged like crazy !

11-07-2007, 03:34 PM   #73
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmund1948 View Post
I throw a $100 that coupes and sedan deliveries will have DCT at or before the actual sale of the DCT in the convertible.
I am all but certain of that much. I would say the chances of that not being the case are infintesimally small.
      11-07-2007, 05:58 PM   #74
rick berry
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2015 M4 DCT/ 2014 750li

I for one would be very happy if BMW would 1. Tell us the price! 2. Give us a firm release date. 3. Give us a realistic window for when orders will be taken
4. Include the information about whether DCT will be offered in the intial batch of US cars. 5. Do all this NOW so we won't be waitng till 2008!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 07:04 PM   #75
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick berry View Post
I for one would be very happy if BMW would 1. Tell us the price! 2. Give us a firm release date. 3. Give us a realistic window for when orders will be taken
4. Include the information about whether DCT will be offered in the intial batch of US cars. 5. Do all this NOW so we won't be waitng till 2008!
Well I can tell you about #3. Orders are being taken right now and have been for a week or two. All the rest is what we are all waiting for.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 08:35 PM   #76
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Well I can tell you about #3. Orders are being taken right now and have been for a week or two. All the rest is what we are all waiting for.
However, it's not clear what those really are. If the dealers are handing out tracable order numbers, then things are beginning to roll indeed.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #77
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
However, it's not clear what those really are. If the dealers are handing out tracable order numbers, then things are beginning to roll indeed.
Yes, I suppose there may be a distinction. This "order taking" that is happening now may be simply feelers put out by NA or feelers for BMW in Germany. Is it normal to get a VIN at the time your order is truly placed? If not perhaps there is another criteria that makes and order REALLY official.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 09:43 PM   #78
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Yes, I suppose there may be a distinction. This "order taking" that is happening now may be simply feelers put out by NA or feelers for BMW in Germany. Is it normal to get a VIN at the time your order is truly placed? If not perhaps there is another criteria that makes and order REALLY official.
If I remember correctly from my 04 325ci purchase, the order becomes "official" once you are handed a production number. You can use that to track the status of your order on the BMW website. A production number does not mean your car is in production, but when you trace it, you should be able to when it is scheduled for production. I can't remember when the VIN becomes available. In other words, I'd say that any conversation one might have with a dealer that does not result in a production number is not exactly an official order, and can mean just about anything else.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 09:51 PM   #79
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
If I remember correctly from my 04 325ci purchase, the order becomes "official" once you are handed a production number.
Thanks. Hopefully we will hear soon from US folks who get their production number, then indeed we will know orders have been taken.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 08:38 PM   #80
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Sorry for the confusion here.

The Debut will be the Geneva Motor Show in March.

The press release occurs in November 2007.

"Distinctive engagement with the elements."

The new BMW M3 Convertible.

The colors are Jerez Black and Alpine White.
Well, that didn't happen. Did they push it back? Any updates?