BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-25-2007, 06:26 AM   #23
swiss_cornholio
First Lieutenant
 
swiss_cornholio's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 DTC M3 (AW/PS)
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

Posts: 379
iTrader: (0)

[quote=mkoesel;1590733]Yeah, I remember that too. But the question is, who has confirmed that? QUOTE]

My source is a guy from BMW Switzerland who is going to Geneva himself, so I take that for a fact. What is happening before March 08 is just speculation so far...
swiss_cornholio is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2007, 06:39 AM   #24
Stahlgrau
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Backwards
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Greenland

Posts: 225
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
January.
Damn...I'm gonna miss it. Thanks.
Stahlgrau is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2007, 06:43 AM   #25
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: 2015 Felt IA2
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 13,696
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss_cornholio View Post
My source is a guy from BMW Switzerland who is going to Geneva himself, so I take that for a fact. What is happening before March 08 is just speculation so far...
Fair enough, and thanks for the info. We'll have to just wait and see what, if anything, happens in November. In the past, SCOTT26 has given timeframes for when they start "shooting the car". This could be what he is referring to also. That would mean a press release would likely come soon after.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2007, 02:52 PM   #26
REP1KRR
My other car is a Scooter'ia
 
REP1KRR's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 Saloon
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Salt Lake City

Posts: 1,270
iTrader: (8)

Not saying it means anyting, but this is LA Auto Show's response on a possible E93 making its appearance also...
Quote:
Haven’t heard anything about that – sorry.

Scott
REP1KRR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2007, 04:24 PM   #27
SCOTT26
Brigadier General
 
SCOTT26's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE

Posts: 3,107
iTrader: (0)

Sorry for the confusion here.

The Debut will be the Geneva Motor Show in March.

The press release occurs in November 2007.

"Distinctive engagement with the elements."

The new BMW M3 Convertible.

The colors are Jerez Black and Alpine White.
SCOTT26 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2007, 04:50 PM   #28
REP1KRR
My other car is a Scooter'ia
 
REP1KRR's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 Saloon
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Salt Lake City

Posts: 1,270
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
"Distinctive engagement with the elements." The new BMW M3 Convertible.

The colors are Jerez Black and Alpine White.
What colors will we see in Los Angeles?
REP1KRR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2007, 06:22 AM   #29
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: 2015 Felt IA2
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 13,696
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Sorry for the confusion here.

The Debut will be the Geneva Motor Show in March.

The press release occurs in November 2007.
Thanks for the clarification Scott. Will availability essentially be immediately upon release at the Geneva show? Or will it come later?
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 01:50 PM   #30
SCOTT26
Brigadier General
 
SCOTT26's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE

Posts: 3,107
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
What colors will we see in Los Angeles?
I believe Alpine White.

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification Scott. Will availability essentially be immediately upon release at the Geneva show? Or will it come later
European sales will commence from Late spring/early summer . I do not know the US plans but the car will probably arrive in the summer.


Endurance... "Form and function with equal emphasis..."

Stamina... "Principle of Innovation , not immitation..."

Engagement ... " Precision without restriction..."


The new BMW M3 Convertible

"The Expression of Velocity"...
SCOTT26 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 01:58 PM   #31
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
I believe Alpine White.

European sales will commence from Late spring/early summer . I do not know the US plans but the car will probably arrive in the summer.

Endurance... "Form and function with equal emphasis..."

Stamina... "Principle of Innovation , not immitation..."

Engagement ... " Precision without restriction..."

The new BMW M3 Convertible

"The Expression of Velocity"...
Anything at all you can say about DCT, when, where, how much?
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 02:18 PM   #32
SCOTT26
Brigadier General
 
SCOTT26's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE

Posts: 3,107
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Anything at all you can say about DCT, when , where, how much?
Endurance... "Form and function with equal emphasis..."

Stamina... "Principle of Innovation , not immitation..."

Engagement ... " Precision without restriction..."

The new BMW M3 Convertible

"The Expression of Velocity"...


Quote:
soon...
SCOTT26 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 02:22 PM   #33
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Thanks. I am running all of the decryption algorithms I could dig out on your response, and the computer will spit out a definite DCT release date and price in a matter of hours!

Seriously, I am encouraged to hear "soon". Come on, letís go BMW!
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 02:23 PM   #34
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: 2015 Felt IA2
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 13,696
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
European sales will commence from Late spring/early summer . I do not know the US plans but the car will probably arrive in the summer.
Thanks for your reply. Sounds to me like this car might be MY09 for the US.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 02:26 PM   #35
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: 2015 Felt IA2
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 13,696
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Thanks. I am running all of the decryption algorithms I could dig out on your response, and the computer will spit out a definite DCT release date and price in a matter of hours!

Seriously, I am encouraged to hear "soon". Come on, letís go BMW!
It sounds to me like the E93 in Geneva will come equipped with M-DCT!
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 04:10 PM   #36
m_bazeepaymon
Major
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,075
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Endurance... "Form and function with equal emphasis..."

Stamina... "Principle of Innovation , not immitation..."

Engagement ... " Precision without restriction..."

The new BMW M3 Convertible

"The Expression of Velocity"...
this is the best will get out of him

thanks scott Appreciate it
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
m_bazeepaymon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 04:18 PM   #37
swamp2
Lieutenant General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 10,201
iTrader: (1)

Ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Stamina... "Principle of Innovation , not immitation..."
Scott, if that is the best BMW can say about M-DCT I am not impressed. VW, Audi, Bugatti and Mitsubishi have all beaten BMW to market with a DCT box. Furthermore everyone is using outside suppliers for the box (Bugatti?). The only innovation left is if BMW develops better software control for the transmission. All of the above boxes have obtained great accord on their ability to pre-select correct gears so improvements simply can not be enormous.

BMW M-DCT:
Safety and Marketing ... "Wait just long enough to bring new technologies to the market, so others can burden the most risk."

That being said I am sure it will perform and be an absolute blast to drive.

Last edited by swamp2; 10-31-2007 at 06:52 PM.
swamp2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 04:24 PM   #38
m_bazeepaymon
Major
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,075
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Scott, if that is the best BMW can say about M-DCT I am not impressed. VW, Audi, Bugatti and Mitsubishi have all beaten BMW to market with a DCT box. Furthermore everyone is using outside suppliers for the box (Bugatti?). The only innovation left is if BMW develops better software control for the transmission. All of the above boxes have obtained great accord on their ability to pre-select correct gears so improvements simply can not be enormous.

BMW M-DCT:
Safety and Marketing ... Wait just long enough to bring new technologies to the market so others can burden the most risk.

That being said I am sure it will perform and be an absolute blast to drive.
Maybe its not the best BMW could ever say
its just the Best Scott can say for now
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
m_bazeepaymon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 05:26 PM   #39
swamp2
Lieutenant General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 10,201
iTrader: (1)

Sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bazeepaymon View Post
Maybe its not the best BMW could ever say
its just the Best Scott can say for now
Sure Scott is a marketing fellow (I am as well). I was just poking a little fun at him and BMW. However, there is some truth in every sarcasm.
swamp2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 05:46 PM   #40
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
However, there is some truth in every sarcasm.
Agreed. It can be the best avenue sometimes to roast someone without being too blatant. Mainly reserved for work.

Marketing? Tell me more please.
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 05:57 PM   #41
swamp2
Lieutenant General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 10,201
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Agreed. It can be the best avenue sometimes to roast someone without being too blatant. Mainly reserved for work.

Marketing? Tell me more please.
My job in software is in sales and marketing.
swamp2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 06:42 PM   #42
m_bazeepaymon
Major
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,075
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
My job in software is in sales and marketing.
u wanna hook al of m3post up with software
lol
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
m_bazeepaymon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 06:53 PM   #43
swamp2
Lieutenant General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 10,201
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bazeepaymon View Post
u wanna hook al of m3post up with software
lol
If anyone here can use the stuff I sell I'd happily do so.

http://www.esi-group.com
swamp2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2007, 06:58 PM   #44
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
If anyone here can use the stuff I sell I'd happily do so.

http://www.esi-group.com
That is right inline with what I do.
I'll take two please.
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST