BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #89
nonagon
Captain
nonagon's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
765
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3, 2012 X3 35i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arlington VA

iTrader: (0)

They all look great but love the frozen gray and frozen blue coupes...nasty business
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #90
0-60Motorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
0-60Motorsports's Avatar
Bahrain
70
Rep
1,615
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kingdom of Bahrain

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to 0-60Motorsports Send a message via MSN to 0-60Motorsports Send a message via Yahoo to 0-60Motorsports
Very nice shots
__________________
Current Mods: GC DA's, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II + Alpine KCA-420i, ///MFEST Badges, Screen protector for OEM 16:9 display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Boot + CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SuperSprint V1 Headers + Catless S-pipes + Res Sec 2 + Race Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Interior, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, OEM CSL DME + TTFS Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ.... IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #91
debdoub
Private First Class
debdoub's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: M5
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomfever
did that cop stop you guys?
I hope they didn't encounter one of those lowlife scumbags cops,
Great trip & photos.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #92
BLACK OPS
Major
BLACK OPS's Avatar
United_States
30
Rep
1,032
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: CO, USA

iTrader: (1)

Nice shots. What wheels on the MR?
__________________

2011.75 Jet Black E92 ///M3: ZCP|6MT|BB|DINAN|EVOLVE|BPM|VORSTEINER|BMW PERFORMANCE|IND EDITION|TMS|LUX 5K|APEX|
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #93
Serious Sam
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: 2009 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Hey guys...and gals.
I enjoyed chatting with y'all at the overlook Saturday evening.
All nice rides you have and very tastefully "made your own" as I like to describe mods.
Glad to hear that the trip went well getting home - quite a road trip.
Thanks for posting the pics, they look great.
Sam
(The guy on the Ducati, and in the pic)

Oh yea, joined your ranks of M3 ownership.
I just added a 09 4dr with DCT yesterday.
We talked a little about me looking for one....thanks for the advice.
Man, what a blast to drive!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #94
Roundown
Lieutenant Colonel
Roundown's Avatar
189
Rep
1,893
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Dear M3 induction-

I miss you.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #95
HermesRider
Captain
United_States
25
Rep
970
Posts

Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

First off, I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but I'm happy to see the cop gave warning about the centerline violation. It's serious business.

Anyone planning a car trip should understand the culture of this road. It is public road, yes, but as someone who used to live in that area and frequently rode motorcycles very fast through Deal's Gap, I will tell you it is a place where two wheels rule. Cars, while tolerated, are unwelcome if they touch the double yellow lines.

One might think that motorcycles have a whole lane to work with, and shouldn't encroach the centerline, but if you ride (fast), you'll know that's not how it works. Sportbike riders are trained to enter right hand turns very near the centerline, as it increases the radius of the turn, requiring less lean angle, providing more reserve should the radius decrease or an obstacle appear. This puts a motorcycle very near a driver when they make their corresponding left hand turn, which is frequently when drivers cross the center line (as evidenced in the video). This can be a deadly combination, as those turns are so acute they often leave no time for compensatory reaction on either side.

Please understand and respect the safety rules and this stretch of road should continue to be fun for everyone, and we can all keep our shiny equipment and delicate brains intact.

For anyone planning a car trip there, I might also recommend to include the nearby Cherohala Skyway---not quite as twisty or dangerous, but more gorgeous views and (in my experience) less congestion and police presence.

\end{rant}
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #96
Nstanovic
New Member
0
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: Frozen Blue E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mahopac, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Sam View Post
Hey guys...and gals.
I enjoyed chatting with y'all at the overlook Saturday evening.
All nice rides you have and very tastefully "made your own" as I like to describe mods.
Glad to hear that the trip went well getting home - quite a road trip.
Thanks for posting the pics, they look great.
Sam
(The guy on the Ducati, and in the pic)

Oh yea, joined your ranks of M3 ownership.
I just added a 09 4dr with DCT yesterday.
We talked a little about me looking for one....thanks for the advice.
Man, what a blast to drive!

It was definitely a pleasure speaking with you as well. Good luck with your new m3 and welcome to the club. Have fun with it!! Def send out some pics when you get a chance. Good luck

-Nick ( the guy with the frozen blue m3)
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #97
Alex@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Alex@AUTOcouture's Avatar
518
Rep
5,441
Posts


Drives: M4 Signal Green
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2011.75 E90 BMW M3  [3.83]
2011 bmw/ m3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Sam View Post
Hey guys...and gals.
I enjoyed chatting with y'all at the overlook Saturday evening.
All nice rides you have and very tastefully "made your own" as I like to describe mods.
Glad to hear that the trip went well getting home - quite a road trip.
Thanks for posting the pics, they look great.
Sam
(The guy on the Ducati, and in the pic)

Oh yea, joined your ranks of M3 ownership.
I just added a 09 4dr with DCT yesterday.
We talked a little about me looking for one....thanks for the advice.
Man, what a blast to drive!

It was nice to meet you man, ( Alex with the red 4dr )

And glad to hear you picked up the sedan already, it's always nice to meet an enthusiast when least expected !!!

Enjoy the car in good health and feel free to hit me up anytime or nick and Tim

Post some pics when you get a chance
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #98
RingMeister01
Croatian
RingMeister01's Avatar
No_Country
542
Rep
3,630
Posts

Drives: The Ultimate Driving Machine
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Manhattan, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HermesRider
First off, I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but I'm happy to see the cop gave warning about the centerline violation. It's serious business.

Anyone planning a car trip should understand the culture of this road. It is public road, yes, but as someone who used to live in that area and frequently rode motorcycles very fast through Deal's Gap, I will tell you it is a place where two wheels rule. Cars, while tolerated, are unwelcome if they touch the double yellow lines.

One might think that motorcycles have a whole lane to work with, and shouldn't encroach the centerline, but if you ride (fast), you'll know that's not how it works. Sportbike riders are trained to enter right hand turns very near the centerline, as it increases the radius of the turn, requiring less lean angle, providing more reserve should the radius decrease or an obstacle appear. This puts a motorcycle very near a driver when they make their corresponding left hand turn, which is frequently when drivers cross the center line (as evidenced in the video). This can be a deadly combination, as those turns are so acute they often leave no time for compensatory reaction on either side.

Please understand and respect the safety rules and this stretch of road should continue to be fun for everyone, and we can all keep our shiny equipment and delicate brains intact.

For anyone planning a car trip there, I might also recommend to include the nearby Cherohala Skyway---not quite as twisty or dangerous, but more gorgeous views and (in my experience) less congestion and police presence.

\end{rant}
Yeah

__________________
M2 Euro Delivery 2016 Ringmeister on instagram
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #99
RingMeister01
Croatian
RingMeister01's Avatar
No_Country
542
Rep
3,630
Posts

Drives: The Ultimate Driving Machine
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Manhattan, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Sam
Hey guys...and gals.
I enjoyed chatting with y'all at the overlook Saturday evening.
All nice rides you have and very tastefully "made your own" as I like to describe mods.
Glad to hear that the trip went well getting home - quite a road trip.
Thanks for posting the pics, they look great.
Sam
(The guy on the Ducati, and in the pic)

Oh yea, joined your ranks of M3 ownership.
I just added a 09 4dr with DCT yesterday.
We talked a little about me looking for one....thanks for the advice.
Man, what a blast to drive!
Great meeting you Sam. So awesome to meet someone as knowledgable as you on Bimmers! Please stay in touch and congrats on the M!

-Tim with the Frozen Grey

P.S. Badass Multistrada have you!
__________________
M2 Euro Delivery 2016 Ringmeister on instagram
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2013, 12:04 AM   #100
NJCRUSH
Lieutenant
United_States
62
Rep
422
Posts

Drives: LSB M4/M3 Limerock/Frozen Blk
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bergen County, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Great pics gents - looks like an awesome time.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2013, 01:34 AM   #101
slim_e90
First Lieutenant
slim_e90's Avatar
4
Rep
343
Posts

Drives: BSM E-88
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Naaaashville, TN

iTrader: (4)

Nice shots and cars.... I've had the chance to do Cherahola pkwy, blue ridge pkwy and of course tail of the dragon. I prefer the pkwys over the dragon as you can carry a bit more speed in the curves.

The dragon is a blast though when there's no traffic.
__________________

|move over... please|
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2013, 04:12 AM   #102
wchow16
Private First Class
wchow16's Avatar
Canada
11
Rep
180
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (3)

What lip is on the frozen grey? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #103
RingMeister01
Croatian
RingMeister01's Avatar
No_Country
542
Rep
3,630
Posts

Drives: The Ultimate Driving Machine
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Manhattan, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wchow16
What lip is on the frozen grey? Thanks
The lip is OEM GTS.
__________________
M2 Euro Delivery 2016 Ringmeister on instagram
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #104
IMG
IMG's Avatar
United_States
221
Rep
7,396
Posts

Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Location

iTrader: (6)

The wrap on the blue car came out sick !
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #105
1LRM3
Captain
1LRM3's Avatar
United_States
207
Rep
753
Posts

Drives: LRP M3 E92, MR M3 E93
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: CT<-->SC

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@AUTOcouture View Post
Nice!!

Hopefully nothing was added to the tree of shame!!!
I probably have some superbike parts up there

Tim and crew: looks as if it was a grand time! glad y'all had fun and made it safely! Nice time of the year to hit that part of the country... great turns in those 11 core miles.... THANKS FOR THE POST buddy!
__________________
EPIC MOTORSPORTS
AutoCouture Motoring
Custom Auto Designs Protection Films
F.T.B.R. Garage
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #106
monkawekrue
Brigadier General
monkawekrue's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
3,224
Posts

Drives: f25 X3 AW
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DUPONT, WA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
cool vid OP
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #107
Alex@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Alex@AUTOcouture's Avatar
518
Rep
5,441
Posts


Drives: M4 Signal Green
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2011.75 E90 BMW M3  [3.83]
2011 bmw/ m3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUDVL View Post
The wrap on the blue car came out sick !
I know bro! It almost looks like that frozen blue special edition!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #108
RingMeister01
Croatian
RingMeister01's Avatar
No_Country
542
Rep
3,630
Posts

Drives: The Ultimate Driving Machine
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Manhattan, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by studntloan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUDVL View Post
The wrap on the blue car came out sick !
I know bro! It almost looks like that frozen blue special edition!
What, you mean to tell me that's a wrap?! Ghetto :

:
__________________
M2 Euro Delivery 2016 Ringmeister on instagram
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #109
1M_@teewhybs
Lieutenant
1M_@teewhybs's Avatar
10
Rep
588
Posts

Drives: E82
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.17]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUDVL View Post
The wrap on the blue car came out sick !
+1
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #110
Ringer
Lieutenant
Ringer's Avatar
28
Rep
558
Posts

Drives: Ms
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: D

iTrader: (0)

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:12 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST