BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-23-2007, 08:06 AM   #23
Potty_Pants
Colonel
United_States
28

 
Potty_Pants's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Genesis Sedan Rspec
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southern NJ


Posts: 2,191
iTrader: (0)

pretty much agree with everyone... except the ones that are overboard.

the rear brake lights arent even full circles on the g37

yes they should have stuck closer to the prototype- but apparently they were adjusting the car to pickup more females and older people.

dealers wont budge on the g37... too new. not worth it to spend msrp or close to it when you can get a 335i for a few grand more. gotta agree infiniti should know this and adress it. the G37 just isnt what the g35 was. g35 = an underdog who wins big time... g37 = an old timer who comes back and looses.

dont even get me started on the weight of the new g37. all they had to do was toss a single turbo on it. and alot of infiniti to bmw converts woulda stayed infiniti. but i guess nissan wanted to sell 300 or so skylines and selling 20,000 g37Turbo's wasnt in their best interest !!!

hell if you thought the old g35's back seat room was cramped the new is even more.

but anyways. yeah im pissed they messed it up , i woulda bought one.

ppp
__________________
Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS & Honda Magna 500 > Grand Am GT & YSR50 > Nissan Maxima & Ninja 750 > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude & Ninja 250> Infiniti G35 > E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 09:31 AM   #24
bronco
Colonel
United_States
33

 
bronco's Avatar
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Atlanta


Posts: 2,105
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants View Post
pretty much agree with everyone... except the ones that are overboard.

the rear brake lights arent even full circles on the g37

yes they should have stuck closer to the prototype- but apparently they were adjusting the car to pickup more females and older people.

dealers wont budge on the g37... too new. not worth it to spend msrp or close to it when you can get a 335i for a few grand more. gotta agree infiniti should know this and adress it. the G37 just isnt what the g35 was. g35 = an underdog who wins big time... g37 = an old timer who comes back and looses.

dont even get me started on the weight of the new g37. all they had to do was toss a single turbo on it. and alot of infiniti to bmw converts woulda stayed infiniti. but i guess nissan wanted to sell 300 or so skylines and selling 20,000 g37Turbo's wasnt in their best interest !!!

hell if you thought the old g35's back seat room was cramped the new is even more.

but anyways. yeah im pissed they messed it up , i woulda bought one.

ppp
I agree 100% with you
__________________
SaaS - The world of tomorrow is already here...www.saaschronicles.com
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 09:44 AM   #25
scoop
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3

 
Drives: 08 335i coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto


Posts: 250
iTrader: (0)

Glad I'm not alone.
I loved the G35 from the start and promised myself I was going to get one. Then with talk of the new G37, I started counting my pennies and then ... splat.
Well maybe, I thought, I it will look better in person. Er, no.
Well maybe, I thought, at least the torque numbers will be better. Er, no.
Well maybe, I thought, the mileage will be good. Er, no.
Well maybe, I thought, etc., etc. etc. No, no and no.
I didn't even have to drive one and instead ordered the BMW. A look at comparable resale values closed the case.
Besides, I couldn't picture myself spending more than $40K on something that is barely sold anywhere else in the world (except, of course, Japan).
Oh, and up here they were mentioning the word "discount" without even asking.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 11:12 AM   #26
shragon
Moderator
No_Country
319

 
shragon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i SG Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA


Posts: 27,450
iTrader: (7)

looks wise... g35 > g37.

the g37 doesn't even look new to me. just looks like a refresh of the g35 that was not done right. the interior however is much better.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 11:39 AM   #27
jngjng72
Private First Class
United_States
3

 
jngjng72's Avatar
 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LI


Posts: 193
iTrader: (0)

There are a lot of infinitis in the neighborhood and the exhaust sound is, well exhausting. All you hear is the perpetual fart coming down the street and you know immediately it's a G35, or FX35, or some other Infiniti variant. It is a decently powerful car, but I needed headroom in the back and the E92 was a lot more comfortable in the back than the infiniti. And the looks of the E92 are a lot sharper than the G37. Just my 2 cents.
__________________

2007 E93 335i Alpine White Auto/CPP/ZPP/ZSP
2012 CT200H
2009 X5 Workhorse/Kidmobile
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 12:10 PM   #28
De90man
First Lieutenant
5

 
Drives: F30 335i Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 350
iTrader: (1)

Internally (hint), Infiniti sought to make the G37 more 'organic'-looking, which is classic japanese sports car stuff (Supra, 300ZX) but a mistake.

The G35 had a more 'digital' catamaran which polarized consumers, to great commercial success. They lost their nerve on the G37.

This is why the G35 looks newer AND more classic than it's G37 replacement.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 12:12 PM   #29
*35i
Private
0

 
Drives: 2004 Honda POS
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Orlando, FL


Posts: 58
iTrader: (0)

I went into to look at the G37, but the price makes it no real bargain over the 335. However, the g35 sedan is 4k cheaper than the g37. For 37k, you get everything but the tech package(pretention seatbelts, radar cruise and adaptive front lighting) and 4 wheel steering, all things I dont want. That includes nav, all luxury stuff plus a 9GB harddrive for music, which is a big plus. Also, because it is 100lbs lighter, it is almost if not just as fast as the 37. However, even being the great deal it is, it just doesn't match the 335 engine. I think if I got one, even though it is a good 8 grand less than the 335 sedan I want, I would have bad buyers remorse when I tried to mod it and got nowhere,
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 12:47 PM   #30
dr335is
Brigadier General
54

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

So, according to edmunds, yes, the g37 equipped as the OP explained MSRP is ~43k, however, the MSRP on the Bimmer (without a "few extras" that the OP mentioned) lists at $47,5k. I cannot imagine that ANY dealer would give $2k off on the e92 335. e90 is a different story though.
So, the difference is more like $4+k than what OP mentioned...

Looks are subjective, and IMO, the G37 looks OK in some colors, but definitely not as good and classy as the e92.

Also, for me, even $4k would not be enough to swing me Infiniti way...
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 12:52 PM   #31
Sedan_Clan
Banned
Brazil
129

 
Drives: '14 335i(prev.IB,AW M3's & X5)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!


Posts: 10,920
iTrader: (25)

I felt the same way after my G37 test drive. Unimpressed!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 01:10 PM   #32
blueaudi18
Colonel
United_States
72

 
blueaudi18's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 08' 335i , mb sl500
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: boston


Posts: 2,585
iTrader: (24)

Send a message via AIM to blueaudi18
i got 2500 off msrp for the e92 i just got. msrp was 487xx . I am in boston so your area may be different. A couple years ago i got 1000 over invoice for the e46 m3 but didnt buy it though.

there is just too much compitition this year for them to not discount cars. g37, s5 are the two i have in mind.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
So, according to edmunds, yes, the g37 equipped as the OP explained MSRP is ~43k, however, the MSRP on the Bimmer (without a "few extras" that the OP mentioned) lists at $47,5k. I cannot imagine that ANY dealer would give $2k off on the e92 335. e90 is a different story though.
So, the difference is more like $4+k than what OP mentioned...

Looks are subjective, and IMO, the G37 looks OK in some colors, but definitely not as good and classy as the e92.

Also, for me, even $4k would not be enough to swing me Infiniti way...
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 01:19 PM   #33
dr335is
Brigadier General
54

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueaudi18 View Post
i got 2500 off msrp for the e92 i just got. msrp was 487xx . I am in boston so your area may be different. A couple years ago i got 1000 over invoice for the e46 m3 but didnt buy it though.

there is just too much compitition this year for them to not discount cars. g37, s5 are the two i have in mind.
A buddy of mine has talked to quite a few major dealers in (South) FL (Orlando, Miami, Lauderdale, Vista, Palm Beach, Melbourne, and none of them would move from MSRP on ordered e92.
Though, most talks were dane over the phone...

As for the competition, I am not really sure if the S5 (slower, way more expensive) is the real competitor to the 335, and G37 is a "2.5 seater" that missed what was expected...
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 01:26 PM   #34
misterng
Colonel
United_States
30

 
misterng's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bay Area


Posts: 2,469
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shragon View Post
looks wise... g35 > g37.

the g37 doesn't even look new to me. just looks like a refresh of the g35 that was not done right. the interior however is much better.
+1
__________________
2006 BMW 330i - Delivered 9/16/06
Black Sapphire | Terra + Poplar | Sport | Premium | PDC
Blacklines | 189 Wheels | CF Front Lips | Euro Headlights | Rear Fog Lights


Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 02:38 PM   #35
MIAmE93 Heat
First Lieutenant
5

 
Drives: 98 Gti Vr6, 07 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Miami, FL


Posts: 362
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to MIAmE93 Heat
dude dont believe anything the sales rep tells u.

when i ordered mine, the rep said the same thing (will go into production in 2 weeks then 4 weeks until arrival so 6 weeks total wait) turned out to be more like 10-11 weeks.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 02:52 PM   #36
Design1314
Major
Taiwan
38

 
Design1314's Avatar
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NYC


Posts: 1,267
iTrader: (0)

What do you guys think of the G35 coupe vs 328i coupe? like the handling, speed, pick up...etc?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 02:57 PM   #37
dr335is
Brigadier General
54

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1314 View Post
What do you guys think of the G35 coupe vs 328i coupe? like the handling, speed, pick up...etc?
Handling - similar (maybe 328 edges it a little bit.
The rest -- G35 coupe > 328
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 02:57 PM   #38
WAYNEBO
Captain
United_States
10

 
WAYNEBO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SoCal


Posts: 670
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
The G35 was a design masterpiece, as far as Japanese sports cars goes. The G37 concept would have continued this, however I believe what actually got produced is uglier than the original.
__________________
2007 335i 6MT Coupe, Monaco Blue, RPi Ram Air Scoops, Magnaflow cat-backs, H&R Sport springs, 19" Staggered Miro LM-Rs
2000 F250 V10 Superduty 4WD, K&N intake, Banks Monster exhaust, DR 8" lift w/ Welds on 37s
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 03:12 PM   #39
Potty_Pants
Colonel
United_States
28

 
Potty_Pants's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Genesis Sedan Rspec
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southern NJ


Posts: 2,191
iTrader: (0)

g35 > 328

IMO g35 coupe was really a good car/value for the $$
and it will hold up alot better then the 328.

off on a tangent... even hyundai/kia has some crazy SHT comming out i in 2009 or so... 2 dr rear wheel drive coupes with V8's. so yes next time around If its got the balls like the 335i has I'd buy a hyundai/kia performance coupe.
pre release road test... hyundai has throw you in the seat power but the handling is not close to bmw.

oh well back to work

ppp
__________________
Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS & Honda Magna 500 > Grand Am GT & YSR50 > Nissan Maxima & Ninja 750 > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude & Ninja 250> Infiniti G35 > E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 07:03 PM   #40
E90RWC
What you know about the twins?
12

 
E90RWC's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CA


Posts: 989
iTrader: (1)

The G35 coupe is a nice looking car. I love the exhaust.

The G37 coupe isn't too bad, but the twin turbos are so hawt!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 08:57 PM   #41
aequitas330
Montego Blue FTW
15

 
aequitas330's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue e90 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northeast


Posts: 1,110
iTrader: (0)

This thread could use some pics...
__________________
Sig designed by Nikki:

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 10:03 PM   #42
Stinger44
Lieutenant
United_States
6

 
Stinger44's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New England


Posts: 516
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jngjng72 View Post
There are a lot of infinitis in the neighborhood and the exhaust sound is, well exhausting. All you hear is the perpetual fart coming down the street and you know immediately it's a G35, or FX35, or some other Infiniti variant. It is a decently powerful car, but I needed headroom in the back and the E92 was a lot more comfortable in the back than the infiniti. And the looks of the E92 are a lot sharper than the G37. Just my 2 cents.
Funny how we all have different ideas on what sounds right or not. I think the G35/37 is hands down a better sounding exhaust system than BMW, at least at idle and will I miss that throaty note. Again, different perceptions.
__________________
2008 Black 335i 6MT Coupe
2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 10:05 PM   #43
Pretender
Colonel
33

 
Pretender's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 328i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA


Posts: 2,292
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojungoon View Post
so pretender!!
U wouldnt even consider a nissan GTR?
i would love to get my hands on that car!!!
only if it made sense for me financially.
Now i just need a raise:sad0147:
Actually, I don't. I know it's a good car, but NO. I had a few friends driving NSX back in 2000 but I still didn't like it even if I could afford it. Back to my point, I'm not bashing a car, but if I have to spend > $40k on a car, it'd be non-Japanese car.
__________________
It's a great time to be alive
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 01:10 AM   #44
ChOy BoY
Lieutenant
United_States
8

 
ChOy BoY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY


Posts: 558
iTrader: (2)

as a current g35 owner..the g35 coupe is so much better looking exterior wise than the g37..i like the interior a lot better than the one i have now due to all of hte upgrades..but im still currently considering the 335i for a lot of reasons
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST